Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes
Reload this Page >

Getting Out - Free Plans!

Community
Search
Notices
Profile and Fun Flying Planes If you're a profile fan or into fun flyers than this is the forum to discuss those topics.

Getting Out - Free Plans!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Kevins_RC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Out - Free Plans!

Guys, I am here to tell you that I am getting out of the kit manufacturing / retail business. Due to changes in my personal life and the associated costs of maintaining the kit business, retaining inventory and such, I've decided to get out. I am not getting out of RC flying - at least not yet <LOL>. As I've told some of you guys many times before, I am in the this business to support the hobby. In an effort to support my customer base and the hobby itself - I am offering my designs, HSRCM, Inc. to you guys FREE! You can go to my website and download free any of HSRCM, Inc.'s designs. The AutoCAD full scale plans and construction manuals are there for FREE! Just go to: [link=http://hsrcm.com/free_hsrcm.htm]HSRCM, Inc - Free Plans / Manuals[/link] and download which ever ones that you want. I have also made arragements with Fun Aero R/C to laser cut my designs and offer them directly to you. I will not see any royalties from any HSRCM, Inc. kits cut from Fun Aero at my request. Fun Aero R/C are the only US company that has my laser cutting files, and I like to keep that way. Mike and Jan Bell of Fun Aero R/C have been very good to me in the past, and I want to continue to support them. You can contact them at: [link=http://www.funaero.com]Fun Aero R/C[/link] Please accept my apologies, if any are needed. I do not want to get into my personal situation on a bulletin board, but I hope that by offering my designs to you guys in this fashion, you'll still be able to enjoy them, as you have for many years. You can download the AutoCAD Plans, though some OS look at them as an HTML file. You have to "rename" the file with a .DWG extension and use the "open with" option with the 'right click' to open them in AutoCAD. The construction manuals are in PDF format, so they will open with Adobe Reader. All you have to do is 'right click' over the target, and choose - "Save Target As" and download it to your harddrive. The Construction manual fror PBXL is not available yet on the internet. I have yet to compress the graphics - the file is 57 meg right now [X(] Once I got it converted, I'll post it.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Take Care & Happy Flying!
Kevin
Old 11-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Unstable

Default RE: Getting Out - Free Plans!

that is a shame.. i really like some of your designs (even if I couldnt afford to buy any yet)

but I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for releaseing your plans "into the wild". instead of just dropping them and leaving us to scrounge for old copies.

thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 02:37 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Kevin,

I hope everything is OK with you.

This is way above and beyond the call of duty to make an offer to the RC community as you have.
Thanks!
Old 11-24-2003, 02:56 PM
tetherite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Landings, Kevin!
Ray
Old 11-24-2003, 03:18 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Kevin... You are a man among men.... Thanks for making this offer!!! Very gentlemanly of you.....
Old 11-24-2003, 03:21 PM
barto

You're the man Kevin, many thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 03:52 PM
localbuyer
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks Kevin...
Old 11-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Balsageek

I have been wondering where you have been!!! I noticed your last post was in September and 2 months with no posts on RCU is a long time for anyone (ESPECIALLY YOU) to go without making a post. I hope everything turns out for the better, what ever "that" may be.

I feel like I'm totally ripping you off! I've always wanted an Ecstasy, but could never afford it. Thank you very much for the free plans!

Matt
Old 11-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Tigman

Kevin, May the force be with you bro....

will.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Kevins_RC

Balsageek - Your Quite Welcome! - No foul! Not by any means. Realize that I am doing this of my own free will <LOL> I choose to do this instead of allowing my designs to die. I get more satisfaction in watching someone enjoying one of my designs. Remember guys that you can get the laser cut components from Fun Aero R/C so you don't have to scratch build them. I have yet to make arrangements with the company that vacuum forms my canopies for the Hard Bet and the Ecstasy yet, but since I own the dies, there shouldn't be a problem making arrangements to order them direct. I will also post the dimsional drawing of the Ecstasy's landing gear. The Ecstasy is the only one that calls for custom gear. Maybe you can get Ray to make a few
Kevin
Old 11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Good luck Kevin,,,,stay in touch....G
Old 11-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Balsageek

Kevin, will Fun Aero be posting the short kits on their site, or do you have to contact them direct? I won't have time to even so much as sniff CA until christmas, but I still would like to get my ducks in a row. (Need to build 4 planes in 3 weeks)

Not to be picky (beggers can't be choosers) and while I do have full intentions of getting the short kit from FA, do you realize that there's no possible way to build these planes from the plans only? I didn't know if that was your intent or not, but I was looking at the ribs and formers and realized there were no patterns. Are you going to realease these for scratchers?

Thanks again,
Matt
Old 11-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Kevins_RC

BalsGeek - Yes I realize that you can not scratch build from the plans offered. The intent is to support FunAero R/C. Me having to pull out effected them, and they have been very good to me. I would have to put in a great deal of additional time to create scratch builder plans. Spare time is not available right now. I do not have any intentions of creating scratch builder plans for these aircraft. The wood pack should not be that expensive from FunAero R/C. I would suggest that you contact Jan Bell directly either by phone or email to get the pricing of the laser cut wood packs. I do not know if they are going to post the laser cut wood packs on their website or not. Needless to say, that is entirely up to FunAero R/C.
Hope that this helps!
Kevin
Old 11-25-2003, 10:44 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Fun Aero

Balsageek -

I've got to put in a plug for Fun Aero here... I've been working with them on and off for the last 3 years and have got to say that their service and quality are awesome!!! Definitely worth the price!! I hate scratching ribs and formers out.... So much more accurate to have them laser cut...

Give them a shot... You won't be sorry...

Remember Kevin has the build manuals for these bad boys available for download as well...
Old 11-25-2003, 11:02 PM
latch66

Default RE: Fun Aero

Sorry to hear about things going in the crapper Kevin.

Thanks for making the plans and the contacts available so your planes won't die.

Take it easy Man. Give a holler if you need something.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
alyohagg

Thanks, Kevin!
Old 11-27-2003, 03:46 AM
lomcevek1

That has got to be one of the most thoughtful things I have ever heard of.

I feel guilty by getting these plans but for that I offer a sincere THANK YOU and I will spread the word around Alaska by flying the snot out of these planes as they are finished.

I do hope all is well and I look forward to the possibility of meeting you as well as the rest of the Bro's
Old 11-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Kevins_RC

Guys! - I really got to express my sincerely graditude for your support. I had my reservations in just posting my designs on the net for free. Now that I have done it, and have seen the response & support that I have, it really tells me that I made the right decision - THANKS!
BTW - All is well and getting better. I am a survior! <LOL> But thanks again!
Kevin
Old 11-27-2003, 04:32 PM
JK302

Default Ecstasy Extreme?

Kevin,

I hope all is going well for you & your family. I know all too well how life can take certain changes.

I remember from a while back you mentioned you were designing a Ecstasy Extreme for a 40 size gasser. Ever since you mentioned it - I have been waiting patiently for the release. Did you ever complete this project and if so does Fun Aero have the files?

Thanks!

- JK
Old 11-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Kevins_RC

Default RE: Ecstasy Extreme?

Couple of updates!
First of all - JK - No I haven't finished the Ecstasy Extreme - It all 'hit the fan' as soon as I got the proto-type ribs in for the Ecstasy Extreme. These prototype wing ribs are still sitting in a box in my shop. I am thinking of changing the wing on it slightly - to the point where I will have to have new ribs cut. I just haven't found the time to do anything with it. The fuse design for the Ecstasy Extreme has a long - long way to go in design. I have the full flying stab ribs designed started but not finished - not even close. There is allot of manhours yet to be invested before with one is complete - SORRY! I am planning on coming back to it - I love that aircraft way too much!

Second - I have updated my website with ZIP files. This should make it easier for you to down load the files. The Ecstasy drawing file has 3 files embedded in it now. The wing, fuse and landing gear drawing. I have yet to fix the PBXL manuals pictures so that I can ZIP it up into a reasonable size file for download. Let me know if you have any problems with these files for links. You can email me at: [email protected]

Third - Several people have asked me to post the modifications that I have made to my PBXL for conventional landing gear. I have posted those pictures on my website via a link on the download page for the plans and within the PBXL Main page.
Thanks!
Kevin
Old 11-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Hacker

Hey hey Kevin, you are the man!
sorry you are not going to be "kitting"anymore, but i am glad things are going well for you.next time you gotta go to see one of your clients down this way (or going by) give me a call and we will hook up for a beer on the porch!
Old 11-29-2003, 09:43 AM
Kevins_RC

And go flying too! I hope! <LOL>
Kevin
Old 12-02-2003, 11:59 PM
nocg

FunAero must be getting some business from this. I've tried to email them the last cople of days and my email comes back. Their mailbox is over quota.

Mike
Old 12-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Kevins_RC

FunAero must be getting some business from this. I've tried to email them the last cople of days and my email comes back. Their mailbox is over quota.
I hope so! But it doesn't help when they can't get the pricing out to you guys. I will contact Jan and be sure to let her know of the issue with her mailbox.
I am sure that she would appreciate your patience in this matter.
Kevin
Old 12-04-2003, 11:42 PM
FokkerDVII
My Feedback: (3)

Hi guys this is Jan with FunAero R/C, Sorry to here how everyone is getting their emails bounced back. I appologize for that. Our internet supplier has went belly up. We have been down for three days. We are now under a new ISP and our email address is [email protected] and Tom has fixed our web email, [email protected] so that the email should start coming to me. Hope this helps. Jan and Mike Bell (FunAero R/C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.