Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help with lipo receiver pack

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help with lipo receiver pack

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 AM
imblaze88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with lipo receiver pack

Hi I needed help with the lipo for a spektrum receiver and hitec servos, obviously I need to knock down the voltage for the servos so would a regular castle bec do it?

Also the lipo I was looking at has 2 plugs, would it be ok to plug one into the rx and one into a gas ignition? Would they both get 7.4 volts or would it cut them in half?

I think the rx and ignition will both be ok on 7.4 at least that's what I've been told, that it's only the servos that needs to be knocked down. I do have planes with regulators but to keep it simple I would like to use the bec if possible and only have one battery to keep it light. Any help would be great
Old 09-23-2015, 02:51 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You can't run the receiver/servos and the ignition on the same circuit. You'll get interference that way. You'll need an optical isolator for the ignition. The simple way is to run an optical kill switch which will both isolate the the ignition circuit and give you a way to shut off the engine with your radio. Then you'll have a choice between running both circuits from one BEC or using separate ones.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:00 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

7.4v is the nominal voltage of a 2 cell lipo. Fully charged it will be at 8.4v. I dought your Spektrum rx or the servos will handle that. You will need a regulator to drop the voltage down.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:19 PM
imblaze88

I can't seem to find a regulator that will work, maybe I don't know what I'm looking for, but all I see is becs
Old 09-24-2015, 08:47 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

What motor/ignition, what receiver, and what servos?

Many receivers are fine on HV and some ignitions and yes, you can run the ignition and receiver on the same battery I do it all the time.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 PM
imblaze88

Dle 30, 6 hitec 5645s, ar8000rx
I think the ignition and rx are good up to like 9 volts but if I have to regulate the servos the rx would have to be regulated to right? I found this on hk but don't know if 5 amps would be enough,

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Says you can run 2 lipos 2 rx and such so I was hoping I could use one for rx and one for ignition
Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Without optical isolation of your ignition circuit from your receiver circuit, any interference that your ignition makes is going to go right to your receiver. Yes, 2.4ghz systems are much better at ignoring that interference than 72mhz systems were, which is a big reason why gassers have gained so much popularity in the last 10 years. But ignitions can still play havoc with your radio gear, so it's just not smart to run both systems from the same power source without an optical isolator.