Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

need help with a perry pump reguletor

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

need help with a perry pump reguletor

Old 01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
edgersh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a perry pump reguletor

hi guys i need help installing a perry pump regulator on a moki 180 in a pica p51 a fellow club member suggested i install a larger pressure fitting in the rear back plate other then the one that came with the pump. also once installed what would be the proper way to start the engine being it is inverted without floodind the engine thanks eddie
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 AM
DwightMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help with a perry pump reguletor

I am using one with an OS 91fx.
Perry recommends using the fitting and hose provided. I figured that they tried everything else, so I went with what they said.
I used a "T" and check valve to divert excess fuel back to the tank. The "T" is between the pump and carb, as close to the carb as I could get. The check valve is between the "T" and tank and is used to allow the extra fuel to return to the tank, but prevent air from being sucked in by the carb.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:25 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: need help with a perry pump reguletor

ORIGINAL: edgersh

hi guys i need help installing a perry pump regulator on a moki 180 in a pica p51 a fellow club member suggested i install a larger pressure fitting in the rear back plate other then the one that came with the pump. also once installed what would be the proper way to start the engine being it is inverted without floodind the engine thanks eddie
The std fitting should be fine
Use the tubing that came with the pump to go between the pump and engine
Normally there is no additional trouble with an inverted engine
The bypass system as described above works very well