Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

:: Official MBX5/Prospec Thread !!

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

:: Official MBX5/Prospec Thread !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 PM
mbx5prospec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: :: Official MBX5/Prospec Thread !!

JJJEEEFFFFFF Thanks for the Heads Up! I'll try different settings once the motor break in process is done Thanks!

By the way this is the track I will be racing at http://www.barnstormersrc.com/pictur...day/index.html
Old 05-29-2005, 02:21 PM
mbx5prospec

Please resist and don't buy the aluminum shock ends that are sold on ebay and other online retailers or local hobby shops! They have contributed to a constant shock shaft breakage! not worth it, keep that plastic one your car comes with.

Just some info for the MBX5 owners or yet any RC car owner!
Old 05-29-2005, 04:08 PM
q8

guys then you should try out the new jp motor crazy power house from bottom till top i did almost 9 min with a tank
Old 05-29-2005, 07:16 PM
leejax02
My Feedback: (1)

I want to try the P5 and I had the V-spec which probably was a lemon because it was real crazy acting as it died when it pleased. I am running a Collari B7 and it is O.K., but lacks raw power. I was also thinking about the Rex P5...
Old 05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

i had the same issues w/ the spec and fought it for 5 gals and now i have the rex & top p5's love them a LOT. i just sold my RB MODS S7 cause i just run the p5's now. you couldnt ask for a better mill and easy as heck to break it in. right out of the box both of mine fired right up and ran ran ran. 5gals on the top and 2 on the rex. here is the best setup for them ive found. mugen black fiber shoes,1.0 springs,and the 053 pipe -JP1 header combo. it will rip butt.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:21 PM
leejax02

Does anyone else have any excessive chassis flex? I have the Prospec and noticed that the rear tension mount was cracked and ordered the aluminum one to firm things out, but it still flexes around the center diff. Is there something that I am overlooking? Also have the one-piece mount. I had another MBX-5 not Prospec and it cracked an engine case where it mounts to the engine mount off a hard landing and now I am guessing that chassis flex may have done it in. Any one else out there with similiar situations? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:27 PM
JustinWZP

q8:

Have you done any comparison between the new B8 and the Crono RS7? I'm in the market for another good top end engine and I am pretty much set on the Crono modded by RB Mods. I really like JP products though. Should I wait it out for the JP? Another thing is price......is the JP in the $350 range or are they going to be charging a fortune because it's new? Also, what about availability? I know your in another country but do you have any idea what the status is for US deliveries?

Another question.......does the B8 have a 4 screw head? Like the B5? I wonder if my B5 heads will fit on the new B8.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:18 AM
zzman

Well its official peeps. i got the reg X5 from ebay for $405 nib from a hobby store on there. it was memorial day and no one bid on it. also i got the complete kings heads pak and the center top diff plate and f&r blocks. they werent included w/ the complete set so i got them commin also. then i just got spares and the K-factory upgraded hinge pin set (no e-clips) from
www.carolinasrc.com . i sold the XB8 yesterday and broke even w/ selling my RB mods S7 also. ill post pics of all the stuff when i get it this sat. cant wait!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:48 AM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

i was watching that, and decided not to bid because i needed an engine for my revo. how high were you prepared to go? i was going to try to sneak in there for $400-$425.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:38 AM
mbx5prospec

ORIGINAL: zzman

Well its official peeps. i got the reg X5 from ebay for $405 nib from a hobby store on there. it was memorial day and no one bid on it. also i got the complete kings heads pak and the center top diff plate and f&r blocks. they werent included w/ the complete set so i got them commin also. then i just got spares and the K-factory upgraded hinge pin set (no e-clips) from
www.carolinasrc.com . i sold the XB8 yesterday and broke even w/ selling my RB mods S7 also. ill post pics of all the stuff when i get it this sat. cant wait!!!
Just curious to as why you got rid of your XB8?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:28 PM
mikeobello

this is definitely the most re-re-re-re-reposted subject i have ever seen. they are both equivalent. take the one where you get the spare parts around where you live, thats the one and only decicion there is between the two of them
Old 06-01-2005, 01:35 PM
mbx5prospec

ORIGINAL: mikeobello

this is definitely the most re-re-re-re-reposted subject i have ever seen. they are both equivalent. take the one where you get the spare parts around where you live, thats the one and only decicion there is between the two of them
What are you talking about?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:18 PM
zzman

re re what ??? man you are lost?
anyway i was going to go to 450 on the car cause in the other hobby shops they are $520 around here. and the XB8 has almost too much tuning and i can never find the sweet spot and when i do i go to another track and i have to start all over again. the prices on the stuff is out of line and i can get 2 of everything for the X5 for what the xb8 stuff costs. and im tired of carring the whole hobby shop around for spares. also i want to try out the X5 pbs suspension. and the mbx5 is what i was going to get when i got the xb8 ---so now im hooked up in every way on this car. and i got Doug Sommers doing a bod up and it will fit it along with the other 4 bodys i got...
Old 06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
mbx5prospec

As far as set-ups I use the 2004 Chad Bradly set-up! Seems to be pretty universal
Old 06-01-2005, 05:53 PM
zzman

cool did you get it off mugenracing.com or mugenseiki.com???
Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
mbx5prospec

I got them through www.mugenracing.com in the set up section
Old 06-02-2005, 12:46 AM
mikeobello

ORIGINAL: mbx5prospec

ORIGINAL: mikeobello

What are you talking about?
Sorry
obviously the guy who just asked the question "mbx5 or xb8" deleted his question again...[:@]
my post was an answer on that
Old 06-02-2005, 06:02 AM
zzman

ohh i thought you lost it...? ha ha ha=sorry i guess you didnt yet.....lol
thanks mbx5prospec
Old 06-02-2005, 07:23 PM
leejax02

Does anyone think that the rear aluminum tension mount is a NEEDED hop-up? I already cracked the stock one and without a hard crash/landing.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
zzman

ya why not metal is always better and ebay has them cheap.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:15 PM
leejax02

True...already bought one off of Ebay from some hobbyguyrc ot something like that...usually buy from them or one other person/store.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
leejax02

I thought that they may be too strong and rip the screws out the gearbox and will force a gearbox change...I would eather change the plastic mount than the gearbox case.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:08 AM
zzman

i think the kings heads ones come w/ a larger mm bolt or stronger ones. im not positive so dont quote me on that.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:44 AM
mbx5prospec

Did you change the gear box casing? You must be hitting some huge jumps! I would get one of these if you don't already have one http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...?idproduct=167 (picture attached)

Is you chassis perfectly straight? you might have a bent chassis and it's putting more pressure than usual on the stiffener/brace/gear box?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22461.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	279826  
Old 06-03-2005, 08:52 AM
JustinWZP

I bought so much stuff at once that I wasn't certain if I had that piece or not. I just checked my chassis and it's there. I feel like I just got a present or something.

The only thing bad about building a car with all the options already bought and installed is that you don't get to have that feeling when you add a new part. I always want everything installed immediately so I usually don't have anything to add to it in the future. That kind of sucks.

I've got nice trucks and buggies though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.