Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

flaky pull start

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
tmasboa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flaky pull start

I got my LX Comp and it is great! I was excited about running it and when I tried to start it (my brother to be exact), it was hard to pull(wasn't a problem, just noticabally harder than his O.S. 18). The pull starter got pulled too much, and got stuck out.

So anyway, I have taken the receiver, back end, and am getting the motor out to take off the pull start. I am three years younger than my brother so I want to get an electric starter.

I don't want a starter box but am thinking about this:

1. Getting a back-plate for Jump-Start and using my brothers JumpStart unit.
2. Trying to see if I can get my brother's old EZ-Start to work(yes, i know that thing is a pain)
3. Buying a whole Jump-Start(i don't really want to spend the money because I really want a failsafe, after reading all about the "runaways".) (I use alkalines)

Is rotostart the same thing as JumpStart, or are they inter-compatible? They look almost identical.

Will someone give me a link to a backplate that will work with jumpstart on a Force .26? I think from what I have seen about the truck, I want the little receptical to be toward the left, so I can stick the rod to it.

Sorry for the wordy post, thanks.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:18 AM
rolandh21

Default RE: flaky pull start

why would you not want a starter box. i have had every possible starter on one buggy or another and without a doubt get the damn starter box. whatever your reason is for not wanting one forget it and go buy one now...
Old 10-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Engrose

Ebay: 6007212591

Roto start backplate for the Force engine.

Just remember that the oneway bearings often breaks. Starterbox is the best thing.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:40 AM
nitro666

u dont need a fsail safe just usea throtel return spring
Old 10-22-2005, 09:22 AM
rwong21

ORIGINAL: nitro666

u dont need a fsail safe just usea throtel return spring
Everyone need a fail save for security. You dont want one day you lose the control of the car and break something more expensive than a fail safe.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Haulin bass

Common maitnence releaves allmost all runaway conditions the ones that it doesnt a TRS will help.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:13 AM
tmasboa

I don't really know alot about starter boxes. My flywheel is not a gear, it is like a grippy pattern.
And my buggy is pretty low to the ground, will a starter box fit under it when I want to start it?
And how much do they cost?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:16 AM
tmasboa

I don't really know alot about starter boxes. My flywheel is not a gear, it is like a grippy pattern.
And my buggy is pretty low to the ground, will a starter box fit under it when I want to start it?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
tonytiger

pull starts suck
Old 10-22-2005, 12:04 PM
tonytiger

ORIGINAL: tmasboa

lol that is the funniest thing ive ever heard
Old 10-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't need to know anything about starter boxes, they are very simple in assembly and usage. Your flywheel is not supposed to be a gear and that 'grippy' pattern is specifically designed for gripping starter wheels.

The buggy sits on top of the starter box, and the wheels are way of the ground, that's probably why motopro is laughing...

A good starter box can be had from tower for about $60. Seriously, don't even consider any other starting method...
Old 10-23-2005, 10:16 AM
tonytiger

thats the funniest thing ive ever heard ......will it fit under my low to the ground buggy lol......he is messing with us no one is that dumb
Old 10-24-2005, 09:11 AM
tmasboa

why don't you stop being rude to me and try to help, rather than two useless, insulting posts?

I don't like when people indirectly call me "dumb"

No, I'm not messing with you. I've never raced or seen a starter box. All the other flywheels I have seen on the tmaxx and other trucks were geared, so what can I tell?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:24 AM
rc car CRAZY

ok ill sort this out. You put ur buggy on the box and it has a motor, and the motor alligns with the flywheel or "grippy pattern" circle.btw the flywheel is the grippy pattern thing. The motor spins the flywheel and due to some miracle which i hhave no idea how it works, after a bit your engine starts up.Its great.

Ben
Old 10-24-2005, 03:07 PM
tonytiger

why don't you stop being rude to me and try to help, rather than two useless, insulting posts?

I don't like when people indirectly call me "dumb"

No, I'm not messing with you. I've never raced or seen a starter box. All the other flywheels I have seen on the tmaxx and other trucks were geared, so what can I tell?
im sorry bro
i thought you were messsing with us my deepest appologies......i feel really bad i didnt mean to call you dumb....but like the other guy sasy the bump box is the best way to go the buggy sits on top...if you use one youll wonder how you ever got along without it...once again im sorry
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM
tmasboa

that's ok