Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Official Hyper 8 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
adz06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hyper 8 Thread

do you actually need to buy a special throttle retuirn spring to add to linkages or could i just make one my self with an exhaust spring or somthing similar. and good luck 46u let us no how u get on.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Matter of fact I had the same problem with my Savage not idling well with out the return spring. I would think you could use any spring that will not over power the servo. Coarse I run strong servos on both my Savage and Hyper 8 even on the brake and throttle servo sure makes the brakes work very well.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 PM
bentgear

adz06, it sounds like you need to adjust the idle stop screw on the carb so it will not close more than 1 mm. For a throttle return spring look in the Sportsworks section of the hobby shop and you will find a pack of two springs - cheap. Another solution is to use a small rubber band around the ball on the slide and the air inlet.

Ed M.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 AM
adz06

i have tried screwing it in and out and it didnt seem to make much difference at all i think i will try witht he linkages again then try the idle screw on the carb.
ORIGINAL: bentgear

adz06, it sounds like you need to adjust the idle stop screw on the carb so it will not close more than 1 mm. For a throttle return spring look in the Sportsworks section of the hobby shop and you will find a pack of two springs - cheap. Another solution is to use a small rubber band around the ball on the slide and the air inlet.

Ed M.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
mikeae86

I NEED A HELP FROM YOU GUYS. I JUST GOT MY HYPER 8 RTR AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO ADJUST THE REAR TOE ON THIS THING. PLEASE REPLY WITH A LITTLE DRAWING OR INSTRUCTION. THANKS.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Firefighter7

ORIGINAL: mikeae86

I NEED A HELP FROM YOU GUYS. I JUST GOT MY HYPER 8 RTR AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO ADJUST THE REAR TOE ON THIS THING. PLEASE REPLY WITH A LITTLE DRAWING OR INSTRUCTION. THANKS.

For the rear toe, you have to use the plastic inserts. The ones that go into the "rear suspension holder" (front) is for anti squat. The inserts that go into "lower arm holder" (connected to rear diff case) is for your toe..... It should have came with black inserts that range from 1.5 to 3 degrees. I have the Pro version and its page 10 step 26 in my manual......

If ya got more questions just ask..... Remember to take your time and be patient!!!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 12:57 AM
mikeae86

thanks firefighter7, would you please send me the manual for this hyper 8. thanks again.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 AM
adz06

here is a link to the hyper 8 manual http://www.modellismobucarelli.it/po...anuaHyper8.pdf

thanks firefighter7, would you please send me the manual for this hyper 8. thanks again.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Captain Firearms

How come you didn't get it with the buggy?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:21 PM
adz06

thats what i was wondering lol. i got my self new work bench today was a handling though as i had to build it with no instructions and they give you spanners which didnt fit the bolts supplied lol wasnt to hard to put together worth it.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 AM
JamieKerr

Hi, just wondering how would i go about tightening my hyper 8 pro kit brakes?? They just need tightening up slightly there a litlle too slack for me thx.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Firefighter7

All you have to do is loosen up the set screw on the end of the break linkage (round silver piece) and move it in a little bit. Or if you have a Spektrum type transmiter you can make the adjustment from the radio.....
Old 03-11-2007, 05:30 AM
JamieKerr

Yea thats what i thought i should do but just wanted to check, ok thats for that i shall do that now, the end of my throttle linkage hits the side of the body how can i stop that too.
THX
Old 03-11-2007, 06:16 AM
adz06

ORIGINAL: JamieKerr

Yea thats what i thought i should do but just wanted to check, ok thats for that i shall do that now, the end of my throttle linkage hits the side of the body how can i stop that too.
THX
my throttle linkage also hits my body all it will do is scrae part of paint no big deal and doenst really effect performence but i mate he cuts the little bit of rod of throttle linage thats left so it doesnt hit his body but this leaves it u cant really adjust it that much again. its nothing to worry about.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:38 AM
JamieKerr

Ok thanks, another quick question the brake linkage slighlt hits the fuel tank??? there dosent look like there is much i can do about it though??
Thx
JK
Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 AM
adz06

ive never had that problem but i think slide out the we bit that the brake pulls bk on (its hard to describe) the bit that when u pull it it tightens the pads against the disc. u can slide it in and out if u loosen the set screw at top.its kinda hard to explain ill see if i can get a diagram to show u.

Ok thanks, another quick question the brake linkage slighlt hits the fuel tank??? there dosent look like there is much i can do about it though??
Thx
JK
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Firefighter7

ORIGINAL: adz06

ive never had that problem but i think slide out the we bit that the brake pulls bk on (its hard to describe) the bit that when u pull it it tightens the pads against the disc. u can slide it in and out if u loosen the set screw at top.its kinda hard to explain ill see if i can get a diagram to show u.

Thx
JK

You mean the part that fits into the hole on the brake cam? I just looked in my manual. They are calling it the "brake rod".
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 AM
adz06

BRAKE ROD go to page 14 in the manual heres link to online manual http://www.modellismobucarelli.it/po...anuaHyper8.pdf
Old 03-11-2007, 07:01 AM
adz06

yep thats what i was talking bout i just looked in my manual to looks like u found it first lol.
ORIGINAL: Firefighter7

ORIGINAL: adz06

Thx
JK

You mean the part that fits into the hole on the brake cam? I just looked in my manual. They are calling it the "brake rod".
Old 03-11-2007, 11:15 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: Firefighter7

All you have to do is loosen up the set screw on the end of the break linkage (round silver piece) and move it in a little bit. Or if you have a Spektrum type transmiter you can make the adjustment from the radio.....
On mine it has to knurled knobs I either screw in or out to adjust my brakes.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM
46u

Thx
JK
With finding the right position on my servo horn and getting all the break linkage just right my linkage does not hit the fuel tank but does rub some on the body which has no affect on performance. My only real problem with my Hyper 8 Pro kit is the poor radio box top that pops off all the time. So far it has not cost me a race but have to check it after each round.

Just got back from the first round of the Georgia Championship Series for 2007. Did not do as well as I would have liked but did start and finish and racked up 145 points. Missed getting bumped up to the A main by one position.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:37 PM
JamieKerr

Today I broke my first thing the rear upper arm rod end snapped, over a very small jump.
Was slightly annoyed but another set has been orderd. Has this snapped to any of you>>>????
Old 03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
46u

The only problem I have had in about 4 gallons that is one gallon with my back up motor to break in and 3 on my STS D21B is the rear wing and damn radio box lids. I hate the radio box on these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:46 PM
adz06

yeah my lids come of an odd time to but i just grabbed some pliers and bent the we hooks at the back of lid and i use the bigger body clips rather than the smaller ones to hold the lid on tightly. also i have foudn the plastic lid to be better. seemingly people are only having trouble with the back of the lid some people have but 2 cable ties on the back and use them like hinges.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:52 PM
JamieKerr

What parts break on the buggies mainly?? i broke a rear upper arm rod which i dont really know how it was a 1 foot jump?? thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.