Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Buggy Choice(Highest Quality )

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Tazer_version_A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buggy Choice(Highest Quality )

I dunno - but if I find em - maybe there's a chance he has your brain? Lets hope I find him soon.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:21 PM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tracks in europe are lame. Pansy jumps, goofy layouts, grass, carpet, wood jumps - bah .... When you guys start running on offroad tracks that take some NADS
once again "tracks here are the best because thats where i drive"

Southern California is like RC Mecca - ive got all the big companies within 10 miles of me
once again "this is the best place to live because this is where i live"

oh & i thought most of the big companys were in the far east not SoCal

When you guys start running on offroad tracks that take some NADS
we run on tracks that have between 1 or about 22 jumps per lap, and as for running on varying surfaces have you ever seen full sized rallycross
its harder to set your car up to hold good corner speed round a fast grippy track than to just stop for every dusty hairpin, line your car up straight & just go full whack over some jumps only to do the same at the next hairpin corner

make absurd claims like the hyper goes from toe in to toe out with mere "flex" and criticise the quality
i said the rear uprights will have that much SLOP not flex go check your car

I have yet to say one time a Hyper 7/8/Jammin etc IS THE BEST
you might remember saying this earlier on

None of these three buggies has a single THING on a Hyper 8. You guys make me laugh.
kinda sounds similar to me

perhaps the guy at wallyworld told you it was the best at the time? who knows

that most euros have nothing to say worth listening to when it comes to - well most things - but especially american offroad RC
and that your just a typical egotistical windbag
LOL people have paid money to read my product reviews out of choice, here we aren't so lucky to be given the freedom of choosing not to listen to your outbursts! plus all your Jesus references just add Blasphemy to your rantings

if you read any of my posts i said all the buggys had merit & had good things to say about all of them, i gave what i already stated was an opinion (which we all know can differ) on the best quality buggy and i gave reasons why. your replys have resorted straight to insults & represent nothing more than the tantrums of a brat

and that your just a typical egotistical windbag
so all your chest beating behind your keyboard isn't purely to massage your ego? grow up

just beating his own drum like our own little energizer bunny!

and like the bunny, has nothing of value to say just an annoying noise in the corner

oh & like i said earlier, have fun
Old 06-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Tazer_version_A

once again "tracks here are the best because thats where i drive"
Nice diversion, and twisting what you said originally around to meet your needs.

once again "this is the best place to live because this is where i live"
1. The USA and Cali are pretty much - and especially SOCAL world renowned for Best Places to live, but I digress - I had never said that till now, nor do I see how you gathered that *****umption from me stating Orange County California is like RC Mecca - must you continue to mince words to try and prove a pointless point? U that bored?

oh & i thought most of the big companys were in the far east not SoCal
With as much as you alledge to know about RC and youre seriously going to make this a point of debate?

As I understand - these are their World / International - and at the very least USA Headquarters locations.

All of these facilities and towns are in Orange County CA, and literally within 10 miles of my office.

Tamiya America, Inc.
2 Orion
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4200

Kyosho Corporation of America
20322 Valencia Circle
Lake Forest, CA 92630-8158
USA

MUGEN SEIKI USA.
20914 BAKE PARKWAY, STE 106
LAKE FOREST, CA 92630

OFNA Racing / Ho Bao / Hong Nor / Jammin
7 Vanderbilt
Irvine, CA 92618

HPI Racing
70 Icon St
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

A little farther out but still local:

Team Losi
4710 E. Guasti Road
Ontario, CA 91761 USA

Associated Electrics, Inc.
3585 Cadillac Ave.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Does this make it a better place to live? Something I never said till you - brought it up ... NO. But it sure does mean this is a focal point of RC for most ALL the major and serious RC manufacturers. Far East is where ALL or most of the mfg'ing is done sure, but where are the sales done? Why are UK guys always looking to us Yanks for places to get parts and bits for this n that???

SOCAL is to RC - what MECAA is to ISLAM - get the analogy or do i need to draw a schematic?

SLOP / Flex ... yes I know the difference - but didnt realize in this context it mattered ... I also never realized that the only company that sells after market hop up parts to fix things racers dont like about their cars [aka - alum rear uprights ...] was Ho Bao. Guess all those king headz Kyosho and mugen hop ups are all just figments of my imagination ...

Again - Ive never said - unlike yourself - that any one car was the BEST - of all the quotes of mine you trot out - you still cant find me stating that - and you wont.

LOL people have paid money to read my product reviews out of choice, here we aren't so lucky to be given the freedom of choosing not to listen to your outbursts
LOL - you burst out you tripe - and because you fancy yourself as "published" - what a laff ... your allowed to puke forth your opinions and no one elses opinions matter - typical egotistical pompous euro. In regards to your paid articles ... Here in the US we have a guy who was quasi famous - PT Barnum - perhaps you know a phrase his noted for .... "There's a sucker born every minute". So far what Ive read of you isnt worthy to use for rectal scrape on the Looooo.

No - youve had nothing positive to say about the Hyper 8
Old 06-30-2006, 01:19 PM
sh0wtime

SOCAL is to RC - what MECAA is to ISLAM
LOL get over yourself

you burst out you tripe - and because you fancy yourself as "published" - what a laff ... your allowed to puke forth your opinions and no one elses opinions matter - typical egotistical pompous euro.
the only reason i mentioned reviewing kits in an earlier post was to give an idea that i had experience of more than just the kit i got at Wallyworld & where did i infer nobody elses opinion mattered? i said "my opinion & we all know opinions vary" that in no way discredits anyone elses opinion

So far what Ive read of you isnt worthy to use for rectal scrape on the Looooo
yet compelling enough for you to compose another insulting reponse

No - youve had nothing positive to say about the Hyper 8
i'm pretty sure i said the car was reasonably durable in an earlier post, feel free to run along back & quote me on it

i'm enjoying this & await your (athough stunted) witty retort
Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 PM
razzor

I'd say 1/8 is about to change ,just look at the Losi Eight and TeamMagic M1.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4345354/tm.htm

I'd say dont look at price ,look at features, quality and innovation.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
symbology

Razzor,

The future or 1/8 RC looks exciting to say the least.

I'd say dont look at price ,look at features, quality and innovation
I also agree completely with this statement.

That is exactly why offence was taken when the Hyper 8 Pro was labeled as your typical RTR gear by Sh0wtime. The Hyper 8 Pro is capable of being at the top of anyone's list when it comes to choosing their buggy. It made it to the top of mine. But, price was a concern for me. The Mugen was my next choice due to the quality of the parts and the availability of parts. The XRay was not due to the parts issue. (for my dealer anyway)

Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 PM
symbology

[ No - youve had nothing positive to say about the Hyper 8 ]

i'm pretty sure i said the car was reasonably durable in an earlier post, feel free to run along back & quote me on it

and as for the Hyper8, isn't it an RTR LOL
have you seen how much slop the rear uprights develop after about 2 meetings?
the rear wheels can flap from toe in to toe out just on the freeplay, hardly what i'd call quality
cheap & reasonably durable yes, but top quality
Sh0wtime, you consider this positive?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Rs43EVOman

WOW! A-main hobbies is ewlling MBX-5's for $469. Maybe im worng but i thought they cost alot more then that.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:18 PM
RC-Drift UK

Losi 8ight ftw [8D]

Kev
Old 06-30-2006, 04:27 PM
mkincy

thats about $80 off the regular price, i've been noticing sale prices on them. companys are probably trying to unload there stock of them, they are probably not that hot of a seller since the prospec kit came out. great deal for a parts car tho.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:38 PM
razzor

I would rate buggies in following order:

Mugen Mbx5 Prospec
Kyosho sp2
jammin X1CR
GS CL1
Casteracing ZX1 Pro
ThunderTiger S3

Note I have a underdog in the list ,the Casterracing ZX1 Pro is a fantastic car based or a copy if you like of the Mugen.
But definately worth a mention.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:42 PM
sh0wtime

ORIGINAL: symbology

[ No - youve had nothing positive to say about the Hyper 8 ]

and as for the Hyper8, isn't it an RTR LOL
have you seen how much slop the rear uprights develop after about 2 meetings?
the rear wheels can flap from toe in to toe out just on the freeplay, hardly what i'd call quality
cheap & reasonably durable yes, but top quality
Sh0wtime, you consider this positive?

it is positive if you want a reasonably durable buggy at a cheap price
Old 06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Verhalas

Wow since when is the Hyper8 a RTR noob, it only comes as a kit, I hardly call that RTR. I still run a Hyper7 and have raced with a guy at my local track who has a Hyper 8, might not be as good of a basher as my Hyper 7 PBS but it's built to win races, not bash. As for the Japanese car fanboys, if you liek paying that much for a similar buggy go for it, its all in the driver. Sure any good driver could probably beat you with a CEN buggy, no matter which over priced Kyosho, Mugen etc pos you have. HoBao or BUST!
*high five Tazer*
Old 06-30-2006, 05:14 PM
sh0wtime

in the UK the Hyper 8 is only sold RTR built but needs radio & engine! maybe i should hav said ARTR

link to importers webpage [link=http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product.php?productId=0000001228&menu=CAR&subMenu=CR-KIT]HERE .CML Dist.[/link]

as for Japanese fanboys? the XRAY is Slovakian

but just to clarify something ..... its Not OK to be a Kyosho Mugen or Xray fanboy

but its *hi five* [:'(] OK to be a Hobao fanboy LOL

aaahhhh........................the blinkered exuberance of zealots LOL
Old 06-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Nitrohouse

I have ran almost literally everything out there except the X-Ray, and IM(Honest)O, I feel the Hyper 8 is the best. To heck with the price. So what if its one of the least expensive. It (again IMO) has the best over all handling...
Old 06-30-2006, 06:47 PM
kx250ryder

Tazer started this by saying that no other buggy is close to the Hyper 8. Thats a bit bold considering the success of some of the other buggies out there. And even moreso with buggies like the M1 and 8ight on the horizon.

Showtime made it worse, by trying to argue this point, since he is as much of a Hobao hater as Tazer is an OFNA fan.

One used to have a signature that said "you can't polish a turd, but you can anodize it purple and stick a pro sticker on the box". The other has the leading post count on the OFNA forums. So really, neither of you can speak without any bias.

EDIT: With Nitrohouse joining the fray, I would tend to listen to that stance because, despite the fact that they are in the same building as OFNA HQ, at least they also sell Mugen, Losi and Kyosho.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Tazer_version_A

aaahhhh........................the blinkered exuberance of zealots LO
Apparently in your dominion there in the UK - there are no mirrors????

Physician - heal thyself ... and then feel free to just STFU already.

Go ahead ... have the final word ... you win.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/retarded.jpg
Old 07-01-2006, 01:13 AM
sh0wtime

as i've been oh so graciously invited to have the"final word"

you ask about mirrors yet even with a pic like that in the waiting you still engaged in an internet argument

thanks kx250 for adding information that go's in some way to explaining the root cause of all this

i went over to the ofna forum for a quick look LOL

No one backin my action over there?
i thought there were all of a sudden a lot of watchers on this topic

its no biggie you needed to run for help, more interesting though is some of the guys were a little more "open minded" (different to empty headed BTW) about the best quality buggy & the rear hub slop that started all this

oh & as for the ARTR thing that upset you so much, thats how they are sold in the UK! they come built up, you just need to add radio & engine, i didn't package them or decide to sell them like that so contact their UK distributor if this offends you so deeply

go back & read the thread, all i did was say they develop a lot of slop in the rear uprights very quickly (fact BTW)which obviously at some level was so blasphemous it initiated a torrent of abuse aimed at myself, the country where i live & race & generally started what can only be described as a temper tantrum
i know i replied with a fair amount of sarcasm but you'll also see my sarcasm was mainly aimed at the behaviour of the person involved not a direct dig
i'm not even going to suggest they have "issues", people can make their own minds up about that.

unfortunately i doubt this will be the last words but hey i'm not angy, i pity the fool LOL

sorry i'm still grinning

really i have no animosity towards Tazer & look forward to his future input
Old 07-01-2006, 01:29 AM
evomac

Guys how did this turn into a huge "flamefest"? Somebdy asked for assistance with the best quality buggy. Obviously with a question like this, there are grounds for diffence of opinions. Can't we just do that without going after each other. Take a look at the message right above where you reply.
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums.
-Evo-
Old 07-01-2006, 01:36 AM
madmaniac

Haha i haven't laughed this much in ages, Tazer A is just stupid.

Lets get back on topic:

Id say that the Xray is the best of them all when it comes to fit&finish and parts quality

There isn't such a thing as the best buggy but the MBX-5 has really proven itself as an easy to drive and durable buggy.

The kyosho 777 line of buggies are great i used to own one, but the price for spares is one negative part, and they seem to be stuck somewhere in the 90 s, I think that they need to bring out something new innovative and not just the same old car in a new package. You cannot complain about how the car drives though.

Those are the 3 most expensive and best ones you can buy, but IMO it doesn't matter what car you drive.

I drive an S3 and I like it better than any buggy, its durable the parts are very cheap and i can get the parts at my LHS

So just get the car you like the best and what your LHS stocks parts for.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:36 AM
sh0wtime

seeing as everybody obviously missed this from one of my first posts

at the end of the day ALL the top buggys are good and are more than capable of taking anything we can throw at them! go to your local track & see what the fast guys are running, then you can ask them for setup help & hopefully spares will be locally available as you WILL break it from time to time
you just gotta decide which badge you want to wear on your cap or T shirt!

the original question was best quality & for me that is the XRAY, based on design features, choice of materials, fit & finish plus even durability & wear over a season. just remember its your money you're spending so ultimately its your choice!

oh &one last thing, whichever way you go.....................................have fun dude
i'd say that was relatively impartial,while also answering the original question!
in another post i said everybody has an opinion & they all differ! all that did was get misunderstood into me saying nobody elses opinion mattered

oh &one last thing, whichever way you go.....................................have fun dude
Old 07-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Tazer_version_A

Tazer started this by saying that no other buggy is close to the Hyper 8. Thats a bit bold considering the success of some of the other buggies out there.
Adressing this post to kx250 ... ShOwtime has the final word on our discussion.

Kx250 - please feel free to link me to or quote where Ive stated such a comment or even NEAR that. That is NOT how I feel - and Im rather confident I wouldnt have typed that ANYWHERE. Your right - that would be a pretty BOLD comment - especially considering the impending release of the LOSI 8 and the TM M1 on the way.

Actually - IMHO - it got deep when another poster denegrated the Hyper as a viable option based upon an easily correctable issue with the rear uprights ... and misquoted them as an "RTR-LOL"

If we're going to try and tear me a new one - lets at least get the facts straight.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Tazer_version_A

Haha i haven't laughed this much in ages, Tazer A is just stupid.
My faith in euros has just been re-affirmed.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:56 AM
sh0wtime

i don't want to tear you a new one!

i've enjoyed our exchanges

gotta go pack for a 5 hour drive to a National, catch you in another thread dude
Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 AM
sh0wtime

as an afterthought, a few of your countrymen are coming over to cr@ppy Europe LOL to race on in indoor dirt track WITH JUMPS! [X(] LOL

in case you or anybody else for that matterwanted to join them?
entries opened last night [link=http://www.neoinvitational.com/]NEO-INVTATIONAL[/link] so get in quick

i did the 3 dayer there at Easter & it was BEST meeting i have done for years

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.