Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Buggy Choice(Highest Quality )

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 02:06 AM
madmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buggy Choice(Highest Quality )

My faith in euros has just been re-affirmed.
Alright, thats up to you.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:44 AM
glypo

Well if you're up for the neoinv it's near enough full up even though reg only started 10 hours ago.

Also Showtime is always right.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
94corvette

ORIGINAL: sh0wtime

LOL who stole your dinner money

LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 12:58 PM
kx250ryder

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A
. . . Kx250 - please feel free to link me to or quote where Ive stated such a comment or even NEAR that. That is NOT how I feel - and Im rather confident I wouldnt have typed that ANYWHERE. . .

How about the quote below? While you didn't specifically mention 8ight or the M1, you did take a shot at 3 of the best buggies on the market. I am not saying that Hobao's Hyper 8 doesn't belong in their league (that is where Showtime went wrong), but I am sure as hell not going to say that it is way beyond them either.

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.
None of these three buggies has a single THING on a Hyper 8. You guys make me laugh.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:49 PM
tonytiger

ORIGINAL: Rs43EVOman

I really feel sorry for people who are ignorant enough to think becuase somthing is the msot expensive, its the best.

Now, qualty wise i highly reccomend either the Xray Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.

gee you seem to agree with the choices that the ignorant people you feel sorry for made.......

mugen rules in 8th scale and kyosho rules (for now anyway)in truggy
Old 07-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Tazer_version_A

Kx250 ....

I dont think you understand the phrase I used ... or how I meant it. Perhaps where your from it means something different.

None of these three buggies has a single THING on a Hyper 8.
What that means is - those three buggies dont have any advantages over or arent ANY better than - the Hyper 8 [purely my opinion] It DOES NOT mean I think those three buggies arent in the same class ... quite the contrary.

What the other Kyosho fanboys and the Mugen guys were alluding to in their comments was the OFNA / Ho Bao cars werent in the same class as the Mugens or the Kyoshos - and the above comment was my reply to that. Like when someone snickered at the Hyper 8 and called it an RTR and then added the LOL - as if - becasue it came 80% pre-assembled - that meant it didnt have any innovative desing upgrades, wasnt fast, and wasnt good. It highlited the Hyper 8 / Ho Bao haters ignorance of the vehicle. AS IF - the Kyosho SP2 came 80% assembled - it would be a different car ... it would be if you just left it and ran it ... but most serious racers wouldnt - or wouldnt for long. Yet no one wanted to call the guy out on that bit of Uber IGNORANCE ... too much wanking to the latest Kyosho ads in the RC mags to critically analyze the bomb throwers incessant spewing of irrelevent drivel ...

I love it. Its a common approach - when you cant back up your hate with meaningful resources - move along to the next irrelevent thing u can think of and throw a bomb in that direction - soon enough - the whole thread is chasing down meaningless half truths - and in this threads case - out and out lies... all to mask the fact - your just full of Carp.

When the same tactic was used in reverse - it was a tantrum ... but then most of the other readers of this thread were too busy gargling ShOwtime to pay very close attention to any detail.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:42 PM
crotolus

MUGEN MBX 5 PROSPEC
Old 07-03-2006, 03:15 AM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motopro

ORIGINAL: Rs43EVOman

I really feel sorry for people who are ignorant enough to think becuase somthing is the msot expensive, its the best.

Now, qualty wise i highly reccomend either the Xray Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.

gee you seem to agree with the choices that the ignorant people you feel sorry for made.......

mugen rules in 8th scale and kyosho rules (for now anyway)in truggy

Hy Tony

how ya doing? nice to see you back over here on RCU

any feedback on that Modded Vspec?
Old 07-03-2006, 04:39 AM
norcalrevo

From all of the reviews that I have read the Kyosho MP 777 SP2 seems to get the best reviews... The only things that the pro's dont like is the phillips screw kit, but that can be taken care of with a $30.00 Tony screw kit.. It is very hard to compare buggies based on wins because some drivers are hotter than others right now... Go with what seems the best for you and what parts you can find... My local hobby shop sells all four but they have very little in the ways of parts for the Jammin and the X-Ray.... My picks are: Kyosho, Mugen, X-Ray, Jammin - (in that order)
Old 07-03-2006, 07:11 AM
jonnymac

WOW I haven't seen Flaming like this since I said a hyper 7 kit was as good as a matrix!!!! lol
Hey Tazer....I like Ho-Bao buggies but I kind of take offence at the euro thing, Sweeping statements won't win you many friends.
I have great respect of what both showtime and KX250 say. Usually they are knowledgable and well informed. Everyone has bad experiences with a manufacturer at some time and are only passing on their experiences (hence the reference to my getting flamed for saying I had a bad experience with CEN).
For what its worth mugen, xray, kyoshos and the hyper 8 are all top drawer and some have qualities in areas others don't but overall (especially when you factor in price) the hyper 8 should be up there with the rest of them. (IMO )
Old 07-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Tazer_version_A

johnnymac ....

Thanks for your feedback - sorry to offend you ... but lets all be able to discern fact from fiction and think critically. Obviously my point sailed clearly over the heads of many.

Euros are this that and the other, have pansy tracks, dont know jack about american tracks ,and all the other comments ... pretty outlandish, demeaning for no reason. over the top and just plain stiupid ... right???? Was done to prove the point that ... and most here just plain watched the 747 Boeing fly right over their heads!!! .. that just becasue you make an over the top stupid criticism and shout it loud enough - doesnt make it so. I responded to a friggen dumb remark by a loudmouth hater with commentary on par with what I percieved as their stupidity ... but alas it was lost on most .

All of it is about as inane as the notion the Hyper 8 is a POS :

A. becasue its a Ho Bao / OFNA

B. just becasue a $2.00 part of plastic wears prematurely [alledgedly]

C. becasue the hater wants it to be soooo .. so bad he will resort to half truths and elitist commentary to deride and make his decisions appear superior.

Is it common over there for guys to need TWO pit bags to go racing - one for their buggy and the other for their over inflated, elitist ego?

Have a nice day.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:05 PM
razzor

"For what its worth mugen, xray, kyoshos and the hyper 8 are all top drawer and some have qualities in areas others don't but overall (especially when you factor in price) the hyper 8 should be up there with the rest of them. (IMO )"

Aggreed [sm=thumbup.gif]
All things even I would think there would be a few underdogs that can give the big boys a go but the big boys are a lot more durable in long run and you cant compare there quality.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:04 AM
madmaniac

Euros are this that and the other, have pansy tracks, dont know jack about american tracks ,and all the other comments ... pretty outlandish, demeaning for no reason. over the top and just plain stupid ... right???? Was done to prove the point that ... and most here just plain watched the 747 Boeing fly right over their heads!!! .. that just becasue you make an over the top stupid criticism and shout it loud enough - doesnt make it so. I responded to a friggen dumb remark by a loudmouth hater with commentary on par with what I percieved as their stupidity ... but alas it was lost on most .
Pansy tracks? gather more info before you make a statement like that

I know as much as you about the American tracks, it is difficult not to learn anything about them as 80% of the forums and sites are about RC in America

It seems like you judge everyone from one bad experience.

Is it common over there for guys to need TWO pit bags to go racing - one for their buggy and the other for their over inflated, elitist ego?
You just don't stop do ya?

Ow i forgot, you have offended me does that make me believe that all Americans are stupid? NO I actually like America and I have been thinking about moving there, BUT when someone like you appears with your bull**** and offending words you begin to think if it is such a great idea.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:26 AM
RC30GTR

CEN Matrix Pro its perfect and doesnt cost ridiculous like Kyosho and mugen.. half the price
Old 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM
rabidsquirrel

LOL... Where do I start?

Man this thing got outta hand quick!

I see that the Pre-Reply reminder "Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)" was completely ignored by many of the peeps posting in this thread!

My $.02:

The Hyper 8 is a good buggy. It has been just as good, durability wise, as anything else my friends are running. I've not had the slop problem aforementioned in earlier posts. This doesn't mean that I won't experience that problem, just I haven't yet...

I think this thread started with the statement that someone's buddy wanted to buy 'the best kit', money not really being a factor. I totally understand this, but 'best kit' is highly subjective for most.

I was in the same boat prior to purchasing my buggy. I was looking at the XRAY and Prospec (Their respective Top Tier kits). I was leaning towards the Xray due to the high level of support they offer for their products (My perception, based on the extensive website materials related to setup and tuning their kits). However, when I first ready up on the Hyper 8 (This was prior to the Losi 8ight being announced), I felt that they had really worked on the CG and Roll Center. Rob @ Nitrohouse.com had driven Paul's and I asked him about it (I order parts from there all the time). He couldn't shut up about the car. Said the handling was fantastic. Based on his ravings about the car, I ordered one.

The car, when dialed in, just seems to flat out handle every other kit. There is more steering with the kit than you could ever want. The drive train is super light, and spins up fast. The kit is durable. I know, because I suck at driving it and have cartwheeled and crashed the crapola out of it. So far, I've only tweaked a shock tower (Knock on wood!).

It is a good kit compared to the stuff I've run against thus far. When compared with other kits on price points, it is a great kit. The money you save can be used to upgrade a lot of other stuff. For instance, I only spent ~$50 on the titanium kit for the car (Turnbuckles, servo arm, etc...). ~$480 out the door and shipped from Nitrohouse.

So, the real questions are (For the person's buddy who's purchasing a kit, money no object) what do you value in a kit? Depending on your answers, you could be happy with any kit out there today. That being said, almost every kit available out there is capable of winning any given race in the right hands. I feel that one could safely say that unless you are in the top 5~10% of drivers out there in terms of skill, you won't notice the differences between the kits so much. Where the majority of drivers will notice the difference is in parts availability, support, tuneability (How quickly can you achieve a good baseline setup that performs well at most of your local tracks), does it suit your driving style, etc...

That being said, I think you could put Jared Tebo behind the controls of a Turdmaster 5000 and he'd still win some races.

Regarding whose tracks are better: Euro tracks aren't better or worse than Amuricun tracks, they are just different. Its personal preference. Me, I don't care what style of track I'm on, I just care that I'm the fastest MF out there! [>:]

I like variety, and on any given Saturday, I'd prefer to be on a Euro style track vs. an American style. On the next weekend, my preference would be the opposite.

So, in closing, don't flame people because their opinions are different from yours. Just logically present your opinion, and try to sell it without any character assassination of the person presenting the opposing viewpoint.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

THE HYPER 8 TOTALLY RULEZ!!!

ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A FOOL!!!!

J/K!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:31 AM
RCtruckRacer

Wow, a 3 page pi$$ing match... what a joke. [:'(]
Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
94corvette

i like Uro girls, they r Hot...
LOL.....
Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 PM
spark88

Old 07-07-2006, 12:34 PM
sh0wtime

mmmm nothing better than seeing a thong over a pair of jeans
Old 07-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Tazer_version_A

Nice try sparky ... funny ... but not quite ...

Welcome to reality ....

Old 07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
sh0wtime

thats not really very nice is it

once again you put me in a position where i feel the need to react to your racial slurs!

now for the fun part

i did a quick google search on US muslim population stats [link=http://www.islam101.com/history/population2_usa.html]PAGE HERE FOR REFERENCE[/link]
and it seems Califonrnia has the highest percentage of the muslim population in the US
i suppose they mistook RC Mecca for their real one

State Muslim Population
(1,000) Percentage Total Muslim Population Percent of Total State Population
California 1,000 20.0 3.4
New York 800 16.0 4.7
Illinois 420 8.4 3.6
New Jersey 200 4.0 2.5
Indiana 180 3.6 3.2
Michigan 170 3.4 1.8
Virginia 150 3.0 2.4
Texas 140 2.8 0.7
Ohio 130 2.6 1.2
Maryland 70 1.4 1.4

welcome to California

image also provided by a quick google search using the term "american muslim"

i have also PM'd Tazer suggesting we edit out these posts as its not really a topic i'm keen to pusue on an RC message board & i'm sure nobody else wants things to degenerate any further either!
i am awaiting his reply
Old 07-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Tazer_version_A

Odd ... Muslims are a RACE now? Euros are a RACE?

I see no racism in my post.

Just becasue you SAY Im a racist doesnt make it so ... SHow.

You and your buddy Sparky think of American Women and americans as fat and obese. I see .... Your entitled to be NOT NICE. When I think of Euro women - especially those in France - I picture the Hijab in my mind, and post a similar photo. IMHO - its much more representative of what european women look like than Sparky's pic. Theres nothing more to it than that, theres no racism - I just dont think european chicks are hot - especially in those silly outfits.

You see racism where you want to - perhaps its you that has THAT problem?
Old 07-07-2006, 03:45 PM
sh0wtime

thats how you see Europe! & maybe i have a problem

yeah. OK

thought you could have at least found that pic of Sparkys funny, pretty much everyone i know who's seen it just takes it at face value & has a laugh

Ah, i get it now

you seeem to be confused between Europe & Eastern Europe

there is quite a difference LOL
Old 07-07-2006, 04:05 PM
sh0wtime

remember that nice blue flag with the gold stars you posted?

well thats the flag of the EU (European Union for the slow ones amongst us)
the EU doesn't include the countries you must be thinking of

except maybe Turkey but i'm not even sure if they're fully included yet? i'm sure you'll enlighten me
Old 07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Tazer_version_A

Nice try sparky ... funny ...
Well showtime - i did find a chuckle in a NOT VERY NICE typical euro "stereotype" picture of us Yanks. Ive seen that pic 100x before as well.... Did u see what i typed?

the EU doesn't include the countries you must be thinking of
I was thinking of the changing face of europe - England, France, Germany- where the hijab is becoming all the "rage." Im not as United_Station "centric" as you might think. I read a little hear and there and chat with friends who hop over there for business and spend time in the beloved EU ...

Dont be all pissed and hate showtime - i just went to the tailor and had one of these fashioned for my new business attire:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.