Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dubai - RC Events

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 AM
dxbman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dubai - RC Events

mister-e

my points of comment was :
1- his years of efforts are not to be forgotten.
2- he had LHS but still he is trying to support the hobby you can ask tommygun about it, so he wasent of that much of benifit to him as you meant ( which i didnt like your comment ) . if he needed his benefit he would have sponsered HonNor cars races only but he didnt.
Yes he had stock of parts which non of other hobby shops had, but the amount spent on the races ( which we all had fun in it ) cost alot still there was some racers (1) who  were (was)  trying to promote other shops products through the races that rashid sponsored and no other shop was welling to sponser.
that hobbiest whio tried to promot,  was to get him self  a freebee kit  ( i like his sportsmenship he had ).
i hope a new official club imerges, so we can see reall sportmenship and have fun.

cheers

Old 06-20-2009, 12:51 PM
mister-e

DXBMan,

On 1, I agree to that.
On 2, don't know what you're trying to say?
If its not for public, you have my contact details. I can't read peoples minds.

And yes,"i hope a new official club imerges, so we can see reall sportmenship and have fun"

Old 06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
tommygun32

Gentle people.....please.

This is a RCU sub forum / 1:8 buggy thread.

I would like to invite everyone to our next RC meeting on Friday, June 26. I hope everyone got my email....??

If not, please feel free to either pm me, email me, or call me 0506353046.

Do let me know if there are any conflicts with the date or time. It can still be changed.

There are a few things WEneed to discuss....and not in a public forum please.

With lots of RC brotherhood love,

Greg
Old 06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Rashed-UAE

ORIGINAL: dxbman

mister-e

my points of comment was :
1- his years of efforts are not to be forgotten.
2- he had LHS but still he is trying to support the hobby you can ask tommygun about it, so he wasent of that much of benifit to him as you meant ( which i didnt like your comment ) . if he needed his benefit he would have sponsered HonNor cars races only but he didnt.
Yes he had stock of parts which non of other hobby shops had, but the amount spent on the races ( which we all had fun in it ) cost alot still there was some racers (1) who were (was) trying to promote other shops products through the races that rashid sponsored and no other shop was welling to sponser.
that hobbiest whio tried to promot, was to get him self a freebee kit ( i like his sportsmenship he had ).
i hope a new official club imerges, so we can see reall sportmenship and have fun.

cheers

Hi,
Thank you Arif,
Now all of you must pay me back ( 1000 Dhs Each )
<v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" oreferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><vath o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></vath><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>

You are right Edward, i promote my shop, BUT i had that shop 2 years ago, AND i started Organizing races MORE than 5 years ago. while you are running behind
<st1lace w:st="on"><st1lacename w:st="on">Hobby</st1lacename><st1lacetype w:st="on">Center</st1lacetype></st1lace> and toys&usto get personal sponsorship for your self.

i didn't mind that you promote Toys&US shop in my races,i don't need any thing form anyone, i love this hobby and i will always help, and i will always enjoy it with the RC Group in Dubai.

You talk a lot, lets see what you can do now...
Greg: Sorry im out , i will give Edward the chance to work and to get some LHS to sponsor the new track.

Regard
s
<o></o>

Old 06-20-2009, 01:26 PM
mister-e

Hi Rashed,

Nice to hear something from youagain and thanks for the clarification of what is meant by point 2
;-)

Is there anything wrong running someone else's car?
As you might know, I havea Hong Nor buggy and no truggy.
When an event is being held for a truggy, is it wrong to run other's car which is not a Hong Nor?

Why jumping to conclusions?

No conflict from my side Greg!
Just confused on what has been thrown at me.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:33 PM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Rashed,

Nice to see you are still around.....and would be better to see you stay around :-)

I have no interest in the past, and not sure who sponsored who and when as who's races, but it seems highly irrelevant at this point as to who is sponsored and who is not....bottom line is this.

We have no facilities and we have no organisation, so all the personal sponsorship in the world will achieve you precisely...NOTHING. So first things first....lets get the club up and running, get the website up and running and then collectively go about getting a facility to use.

Rashed, I dont believe we have been formally introduced, but I think we met at the Nad Al Sheba track one night when a few of us were running the Slash around the course. Anyway, I hope you can get to the meeting next week, your vision, plans and work thusfar are important to the future effort.

On a more important note......Mini-madness today at Zabeel became simply MADNESS!!! :-) and a lot of fun. At one point we had the following on the track:

The 'Blue Streak' (mini) piloted by Graham....lunatic as always.
Rockin Red Ferrari (tourer) piloted by Rawwad...he has finally accepted the fact that the bodywork IS going to get caned.
The 'Mobile Chicane" Buggy (buggy) piloted by Colin....what the hell was a buggy doing on a tarmac track anyway???
'Silent Fury' Alfa (tourer) piloted by Ed...made is all look like we were stationary, but got victimised in the end :-)
'Screamer' Mini with Martin at the helm...Marty, get some grease in that gearbox mate :-)
Super Swift (Mini).....which I personally piloted to victory....of course

We also had Paulo with his 2 speed nitro tourer, and on a tight little technical course....he never stood a chance....glad he never challenged any of us to a drag race!!

Bottom line, we all had a blast, and look forward to a few more people in the future. Next week will see the return of Duane and Gergle, COlin has a mini on the production line and Ed has the Alfa under repair.....that means that next week, we could see a total of SEVEN mini's tearing up the track!!! At this rate we will need to introduce a touring car lineup as well, so to all of you with electric tourers, dust 'em off and get amongst it!!

Over and Out!

Old 06-20-2009, 06:37 PM
reedy1
Banned

utter junk ken mmm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70111.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1221656  
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 AM
cathurga

Greetings all,

Tomorrow (tuesday) there will be a few peeps down at Zabeel 5 doing a bit of mini-mayhem, if anyone wants to join in, please let me know.

We normally start around 18h00 and get an hour and a half. I see earlier somebody noted that this is a 1/8 Buggy Thread and I apologise for hijacking it with mini, touring car and club info, but until we have a forum in place for all things Dubai related, it would be nice to use this one to keep track. If the topic starter wants me to move the info elsewhere please let me know.

Regards

P.S Having a look back at some of my comments, I realised that mentioning that the hobby shops are disinterested, might have been seen to include Rashed's effort (when he owned Emirates Hobbies), this is of course not the case. Certainly there is a place for the hobby shops to get more involved, but I am sure that I speak for everyone here, that Rashed's efforts have not gone unnoticed, and are appreciated, especially by the buggy guys.

Thought I would clear that up.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 AM
tommygun32

Dear All,

Let us make one thing absolutely clear from the get-go please.

The establishment of a "RCClub" that we are pursuing willin no way be associated with the proposed establishment of an off-road RCRace Track. These are two entirely separate endeavors.
The establishment of an entity that brings together like minded people is merely to facilitate the gathering of hobbyists. A club does not need to have any facilities in order to be a club, it is merely an entity.

Yes, eventually they can augment and possibly assist each other, but there are different legalities involved with each one.

To reply to an earlier post about approaching a lhs to support a possible new track location, that’s already been done.Rashed (in capacity of LHS), Arif and I have been actively pursuing possible locations for a new and long termoff-road track for quite some time.Purely for the love of this sport and the needfor new facilities for ALLof us. Ideally in a private/controlledlocation that will not see the type of childish vandalism experienced at Nad AlSheba.

As far as I am concerned, Rashed (and Arif) are pretty much the ONLYpeople / LHSthat have given any support to the RCcommunity for the benefit of the RCcommunity (I can only speak from an off-road point of view here as I do not have experience with the on-road side of this hobby). To help it grow and expand, to foster a brotherhood of camaraderie in a fun and sporting environment, to let us all get together and have a good, safe time, while giving us a competitive environment to enjoy our love of this hobby.

Other than ONEsingle PRIVATEsupporter on two occasions, who organized and sponsored ALL the races last year?? The only people I saw doing this was Rashed and Arif.

So now we have a dilapidated and pretty much un-usable track. Who is going to step up and pour more money into it to get it into ANYkind of running condition? Who's going to manage it, organize the races, bring the PAand timing systems, supply the trophies, drivers’ stand and bleachers, water it down, and guard it from further vandalism, etc? If anyone is willing, then by all means step up to the plate. Your turn at bat has come.

With regards to finding and establishing a new track, I will carry on trying my best. But I prefer to go with the people that have supported us in the past.I think I’ve made my point of view regarding this matter more than crystal clear. If that's not possible, I will do it on my own. Maybe I’ll fail miserably, but that’s not going to stop me from trying.
Now then, if you would like your voice to be heard or want the chance to air your opinions regarding the establishment of the RC Club, please join us this Friday at the Jebel Ali Recreation Club from 4:00 pm.If you need any further details or directions, just pm me.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 AM
RevoG

Tommygun32,

Ditto.

I agree with you whole heartedly. Let me know if there is ever anything I can assist you with.

RevoG
Old 06-24-2009, 05:09 AM
Mohammad_7

Dear All,

First of all I would like to appreciate all your support and concerns regarding this hobby.

Please, I dont mean to offend anyone but I have reading this thread for a very long time now and I must say all your efforts should be appreciated but all you do is Bla Bla Bla....................... (Not pointing at anyone specifically)

You guys want to make a new RCClub or maybe a RCTrack in Dubai. Guys wake up, this aint so easy. Why are you people wasting time and money for making a new track somewhere down in Jebel Ali???

Why dont you guys look back at where you all started with ur rtr's? Nad Al Sheba? Whats so wrong in that track. All the time and money your willing to waste for the new track, why dont you use half of that and renovate the Nad Al Sheba track. All you need to do is get a drivers stand, a little bit of fixing and I am sure you can make the track as huge as it was some years back.

Meetings and meetings............but no result. I honestly like the idea but things are not easy down here in Dubai and we all know that. So why not stop the thought of the new track and get back to the old one. We sure can stop wasting time and money and renovate nad al sheba.

Till the time that place is there we all can have fun. I am sure its gonna cost us way to less than to make a new one. I am sure we all can put in some money and make the track better again.

Now I havent raced at nad al sheba but by the efforts I saw of one guy rashed ( jp guy ) (apology if i m wrong ) was way to much. I think he should come back again and start all this stuff back again and he should definately charge everyone. His efforts cannot be neglected.

Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone but all I am trying to do is to gain everyones attention back to Nad Al Sheba.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 AM
dxbdude

I agree with maniac;

Tommygun had a different view on the Nad Sheba track, different ppl coming and driving their baja and motorcross.

But still i believe, it would be less expensive to maintain or rebuild, than building a new one..especially if you look at the power and water connections.

No offence against anyone..really appreciate the guys who have been trying hard to build a new RClub/track......

Old 06-24-2009, 05:52 AM
cathurga

All very good and well maniac, last I heard the reason for the new flying strip being made was because the old Nad Al Sheba site was destined for destruction as a result of the Meydan project, and although some of the project seems to have slowed, it doesnt mean it isn't going to happen. So why go spend time, effort and money on something that may still get bulldozed.

I hear you when you say meeting meeting meeting and bla bla bla, but you were conspicuous by your abscence at the last meeting we had.

The meeting was not just about buggies, and YES, I know this is a buggy thread but it was also about other disciplines of RC. There are many drifters, on-road enthusiasts, crawlers and 1/5th scale drivers who would also like to have some facilities. The creation of a club would allow us to all chip in with valid points, discuss the merits and failures of past experiences TOGETHER.

As Tommy said, keep the two topics mutually exclusive for now, and concentrate on finding out just how many people we have in this hobby, that can all contribute.

Unless of course, you would prefer to read the forum, say nothing whilst everything else is going on and then come out with your dislike of other peoples intentions. A club needs an orderly process to bring these topics to the fore, so that people lke Rashed et al, get to know that there is a desire to interact, so that we can find out what is available for us to work with. It does not help to have everyone stand up and inflict their opinions on everyone else, and this applies to a club too...no meeting should occur unless there is an official who can guide the meetings, conduct votes and make decisions that everyone agrees on, or the majority rules.

So, are we going to see you on Friday afternoon?

Internet forums, Instant messaging and text message do not convey emotions, so please read the above, not as a personal dig at you, but rather as an intention to make a point with regards to the discussion topic.

Regards
Old 06-24-2009, 05:57 AM
tommygun32

Hi Maniac RCDriver,

Here is the situation with Nad Al Sheba. It is Government granted land. The people who invest their time, effort and money into maintaining it have no way of controlling it. ANYBODY can go there and no one can be stopped. Most of the people who do/used to go there are not willing to put any effort or money into it due to the fact it is "public" land.

In the past, guys with 1:5 Baja's (no offence to you guys) who just want to bash, would use the track, not realizing the damage they were causing to a 1:12, 1:10 and 1:8 track. You can not stop them. It's public land. Do they come back and help restore it? I've also witnessed people on moto cross and quad bikes rip the track up, drive on the pipes and break them, do burn-outs causing massive rutting, etc. You can not stop them, it's public land. Do they come back and buy new pipes or bring in a compacter and more sand to fix the damage they've done.

There have also been instances in the past of pure and spiteful vandelism to the track for what ever reason. People driving their 1:1 cars and trucks over the track, doing as much damage as they possibly could. You can not stop them. It's public land. I can't count the amount of times Rashed and Arif have had to buy hoses to be able to water the track down because every time a new one would show up, someone would come around in the night and steal it. Not to mention the shovels and pick axes, work benches, etc.

Lets say for example that one person were to donate a fence and lockable gate for the facility to ensure its safety. Anybody would be in their right to actually call the police and complain.....and the fence would have to be taken down....because it's public land.

The efforts of the authorities and those responsible for gifting the land is extremely appreciated.

However, the pettiness and negative actions of a few over time has done quite a bit of damage. And honestly, it does nothing to help promote this hobby and past time to the local community in a positive light.

In a word, it's a "moneypit". People will not respect the efforts and money put into a place like Nad Al Sheba (by just a few people) because as it's a public facility granted by the government; they probably think that's who maintains it.

Who knows....maybe I'm completely wrong (and actually hope I am) and 40 people will come forward and dontate 500/- each to get the track back in shape. I mean, if you really think about it, how much are some people willing to spend on an engine alone??? And then have no where to run their cars? And maybe the track will be left alone after all that work is done.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Mohammad_7

We already have a track, all we need to do is to rebuild it with some expense on it. Water and Electricity is already there so aint this better.

Dear Cathurga,

Since two years I am listening to this that the nad al sheba track will be destroyed but till today it still stands there. I agree that construcstion is going on near by but what gurantee do you have that it will be demolised very soon. Construction all over has slowed down and one day it will demolish but we dont know when and I am sure it aint anytime soon. So till than cant we have a good time with little money spent.

Now coming to me, dear I never wanted to interfer in your great efforts and point of view. I appreciated that but since some time there has been no progress so I thought to bother in and put some light on it.

I dont know why do you want to make Rashedrealize?To what I remember or heard rashed has done a lot than anyone else in this rc community

Whats the point seeing me this friday whenyou aint ready to listen to what I have to say.

Dear in the last I would add this that I had no intentionsof throwing something at someones point. AllI was trying to do is to gain everyonesattention back to thetrackwith little money spent and wecould havea good time. I again apologize if I am wrong.

Dear Tommygun,

I agree to what you have to say. But please agree that years back also it was a gov land and even than it was well maintained. Its just that we all ignored it for sometime and now have excuses for it to be damaged by wrong people.

Now coming to damage of the track:

I use to fly airplanes some years ago and on daily basis I saw people driving their buggies on the tracks. There were races held and if I am not mistaken this guy rashed, till the time he was handling the track there were no damages, no stealing of anythingfrom the track even during weekdays. The damages that have been done is just bcuz people left paying attention to the track and if they didnt, no one with a baja could just come in.

RCDrivers in Dubai, yes many have onroad and offroad and in different scale. We guys cant make one small dirt track which is easily available here how are we gonna make a whole club for onroad and etc. ( Dear I honestly appreciate the effort but be a little more realistic ) It aint easy.

******However, the pettiness and negative actions of a few over time has done quite a bit of damage. And honestly, it does nothing to help promote this hobby and past time to the local community in a positive light. In a word, it's a "moneypit". People will not respect the efforts and money put into a place like Nad Al Sheba (by just a few people) because as it's a public facility granted by the government; they probably think that's who maintains it.*********

What do you have to say when you go back in the past and see that this track has existed for years and was well maintained. Even than it was public property and it wasnt owend by any individual.

Tommy gun, your the most active member so I would suggest this. Why dont you do a little bit of voting on this thread to see how many people are willing to play back at nad al sheba? if fixed. If the majority says yes than we can take an estimate of how much would it cost and distribute it and let rashed be incharge.

To ALL, please dont tell me that we pay and than others will pop in with their cars and play for free. Have some sportsmanship. I am sure we all can put in some money and do this by ourselves and once the track is back again we can keep races but I highly recommend rashed to be incharge as he was responsible.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:48 AM
tommygun32

Before things go amiss here, Cathurga’s mention of Rashed was only in a positive manner. (et al = and everyone else) gets to know there is a desire to interact at all kinds of different levels of the sport, be it on road, drifting, drag racing, baja, buggy, truggie, etc. The RC Club is purely meant to be a SOCIAL entity to help promote the hobby to the public and amongst fellow hobbyists.

Regarding a RC club, there has only been 1 preliminary meeting to discuss how something like this can be accomplished, so there really hasn't been a whole lot of blah, blah, blah....

There is nothing more I would appreciate and support than to have Rashed (and Arif) back in charge and helping out at the Nad Al Sheba track (or ANY location for that matter) and he personally knows that, but I'm in no position to answer for him regarding your suggestions.

Regarding a new track....there are two ways (and many more I'm sure) we can look at that.

1. We gather the forces and collect a couple hundred from everyone, buy new pipes, new stand, bleachers, fencing, shovels, etc. and go and get it fixed up and hope for the best. Sportsmanship....well, as much as I wish, unfortunately, not everyone in this world is a sportsman. As much as it bugs me personally, that’s the reality. We’ve all seen it in one form or another.
2. Knowing everyone’s busy lifestyle here with work, family, etc, and that a lot of people don’t have the time to help build and maintain a track, and would appreciate to be able to spend those few precious hours they may have free, someone goes and builds a top quality track with all necessary facilities like toilets, security, gated, water and electricity. A membership fee is charged on an annual basis (equal to or less than what it would take to personally maintain the Nad al Sheba track) and members are allowed full access to the track 6 days a week except during special events. ANY AND ALL monies made by membership fees or other special events are ONLY ever used for the maintenance and upgrading of the track itself. It is based on a “not-for-profit†system.

Please, by all means, I’m very open to further suggestions and ideas. I have a car that has sat in pieces on my dining room table waiting for an excuse to be put back together again.

By the way, on a completely different note, does anybody have access to a machine shop that would be able to remove a 3mm hex top screw from my CX1 alluminium center diff holder that has been stripped...and it's thread locked??

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 AM
RevoG

Maniac RCDriver,

Although I totally agree with your sentiments regarding the Nad Al Sheba track, there is more to this than just the fixing of the track. I for one do not want to put any money into a track where there is no control over who uses it and for what they use it.

I have up to about 4 months ago spent 2 hours on most Saturday afternoons repairing the track for some racing fun with a racing buddy of mine. We would get to the track an 2, start working on watering down the track and filing in the holes. By 4 o’clock this would be done and we could run our cars for a couple of hours. The problem has always been that when we get back there the following Saturday we have to spend 2 hours fixing it again. We never had any help from anyone doing this. (Not that this was a problem).

Baja tracks ripped into the jumps, heli’s hovering dangerously close to your head, airplanes crashing and you getting blamed for it, 4x4 tracks across the track with pipes broken, various near misses with planes, etc, etc. It has gotten to the point where we spent more time fixing the track than running on it. Love this hobby but not quite like this....

If you want to fix up the Nad Al Sheba track, go for it. I will help where I can because all I want is a nice track to run on. Don’t really care how and where. Tommygun32 is trying to get this done in a way where we have some control regarding who has access and what is allowed. Can’t fault the guy for that. (For that matter can’t fault Rashed or Arif either). They all want the same thing: a nice properly maintained track to run on!!

RevoG

Tommygun32, is the head still in tact? Can cut a slot in the head for you and remove with a flathead screwdriver.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 AM
tommygun32

Ok, I'll agree with Manica RCDriver....let's put it to a vote then:

I don't know how much it would take, but who here is willing to throw in some money to get Nad Al Sheba back up and running?

or....

Who would prefer to have access to a constantly well maintained track for an annual membership fee (well below 1K per year)

Just hit 'quote' above this post and respond with your answer. This would go a long way to guage how we could proceed with this.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
cathurga

Maniac,

Ok, you guys carry on with the buggy track, I have no interest in buggies, so I suppose I am in the wrong place and assuming that you have no interest in anything RC but buggies, how could anybody fault you with doing whats best for you.

I will hang with the drift guys for the interim, they seem to have a community interest there that is what the hobby is all about. Apart from that, we have the mini mayhem group that has expanded nicely, all going well, I will procure a lap timing system so that we can 'race' ...and the touring guys can get involved too.

I am sure that the guys will enjoy having a few more folk join.....so anyone interested in the drift scene, or touring cars and most things electric, come over :-)

http://dubdrift.forumotion.com/

Dont worry chap, none of my comments were ill-natured in anyway, I suppose the old saying "It takes many raindrops to make a thunderstorm" doesnt apply here.

Tommy, is it a grub screw that you have stripped? If so, you may well be SOL feller.[&:] I have heard of people loosening the threadlock by heating it up, one of those gas lighters that look like a shuttle engine will probably do it well, and then file down an old 4mm hex key and see what you can make of it.

HEHEHEHE, why did yer have ter tighten it so damn much in the first place...lol...too much nitrotestosterone in your system....hahahahah
Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
tommygun32

Revo G

Head is intact but flush sunk. Need a small screw remover with a drill press probably. May have to also re-tap and dye it as well.

Thanks

Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Mohammad_7

Guys,

I apologize ifby any means I have offended anyone. All I was trying was to get everyone back to the track where we all can have fun. I totally do not mean to interfere in anyones ideas or plans. So if my idea is not worth it than I apologize for that.

Revo G,

Sorry to hear about you getting back to the track for a nice run but the track is screwed up. Wish we all could show up the same day and fix it and run it and enjoy with it.

Tommygun,

I wasnt in the idea of making a new fence or new pipes. This was in my mind for a new stand, fix up the track with the help of shovels and water the track. Just like good old days.

I would vote for Nad AlSheba to be fixed back again. Count my Vote +
Or
We could all meet at nad al sheba coming friday aroun 5 for voting and have a look for what all has to be done.

Than again its my suggestion.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Mohammad_7

If meeting is a good idea and everyone is comfortable I would like to invite rashed and all those people who have helped organized the track and race. Want to hear words from them too.

Just dont understand why has it bcom impossible to maintain the same track which was maintained so many years in the past.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 AM
tommygun32

LOL....Cathurga. Only ever wrist tighten all my screws mate. This one just got stuck. Cheers

Maniac RCDriver, I don't think you have offended anyone here, especially me. This is a forum and it's good to discuss options and ideas.

A meeting at Nad Al Sheba is fine by me, however, we do have a scheduled RC Club meeting (our 2nd) this Friday at 4:00 pm if you would like to join us.

How about meeting sometime Saturday? You would have to check with Rashed on his availability as well as I'm pretty sure he likes to go flying most Fridays about that time.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 AM
flash01

Tommygun - Heat it up with a soldering iron tip to loosen up the threadlock. Also you can use a dremel to make a slot in the top of the screw/bolt and then take a flat head screwdriver to it.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 AM
tommygun32

Thanks for all the advice about the screw. Looks like I need to get a dremel next. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.