Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dubai - RC Events

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 AM
mister-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dubai - RC Events

Gents,

Please keep in mind that there are lots of less fortunate (future) members who are sacrificing a lot to get into this hobby! Even youngsters!
And rules should be fair and applies to all (even ladies ).
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 AM
junpavidis

Hi Tommy,

I agree with you. If i am from this place i'll give it a try. But even if i am an expat with bountifull of resources, i will still give it a try since i will only invest a "portion" of my savings - not all (of course, i have to keep more for my family too). Just likeother expats who are doing business here and are successfull. If others can do it, why can't i? I know some expats who are working for somebody (or on visa) but still managed to invest a portion of their saving to some good business and are doingvery well.Guys, I am not trying to convince anybody from what i am writing. I just want to share my opinon and how i feel with the current situation / status of rc in the UAE

Anyway, i'll try to get in touch with the developer andget some up-dates andwill inform you later.

regards,

jun

Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 AM
tommygun32

OK, I'll check with the manager tonight about having a meeting at the Jebel Ali Club this Friday at 4:00 pm (16:00 hrs).

I'll post in here and send an email out. If you are not currently on my mailing list, PMwith your details so you can be added.

As far as the meeting format, I think for the first meeting it would be a good idea to keep it general and see what everyone's ideas may be for the formation of a RCClub? I don't know, this would be the first time I'd be doing something like this. Your suggestions and thoughts are more than welcome.

Thanks guys
Old 06-01-2009, 07:47 AM
bigdaveindubai

www.uaercclub.com should be up here in a little while its undergoing propagation right now.  Once its done I will start workin on it. I love doin this stuff.  hopefully you guys will enjoy it too.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:09 AM
tommygun32

Bigdave...nice one bro. Thanks for your help man.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All,

Agreed on all points, although the 'costs' of maintaining a track and all the amenities would need to come later, as we simply dont know what all we are going to be catering for, as bigdave had so rightfully mentioned, we cannot segregate with only buggies or planes or drifting, we would need to consolidate so that the VOICE is bigger.

I do feel though, the airplane guys have what appears to be (please correct me if I am wrong) some facilities and some backing of some sort...airfield at Nad Al Sheba and one out at Al Ain. Sure the one at Nad Al Sheba is destined for destruction, but already the establishment of a new field is done and dusted.

I would be tempted to establish the 'groundpounding' nature of the hobby to start with and go from there....it can only get better if we can tap into their resources and vice versa, so it grows.

For a meeting, a clear agenda is required and should be represented by all 'franchises'. It should be minuted and action plan based on discussion be circulated between all.

With bigdaves establishment of a local site, all interested enthusiasts should be encouraged to join as 'associate' members so that we can start getting a feel for numbers and the growth pattern. I dont know if any of the drifters are aware of this forum, but I am a member of dubdrift so I will go and pass on the info to their member 'altimeters' and ask him and his squad to keep an eye on the new site...

Agenda for meeting

[*]Meet and greet[*]Establish representation and contacts for Dubai and Abu Dhabi - Nitro, Electric etc etc (Volunteers required)[*]Point all representatives to joining the online club.[*]Establish a group leader (at this point, SOMEBODY needs to step up to the plate - there is no hierarchy in a 'virtual' club, but at some point it is VITAL, later by means of vote!)[*]Establish a way of informing all members of developments.[*]Background of available resources (we all have jobs and expertise, all these might be useful to the club and its running at some point, all contributions, no matter how small, all add up!)[*]Suggestions on planning for tracks, venues and competitions.[*]Determine calendar dates for future meetings so that we all have a vision. AGM once a year, monthly progress meetings (maybe one in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai around the same time)[/list]
    Thats a simplistic view.....and I wil volunteer now to help minute the initial meeting...Tommy, Mister-e and Rashed seem to hold the reigns right now...anyone care to put your name down as an inaugural leader? (Gotta start somewhere)

It might also be useful if anyone has any experience with past RC clubs, challenges faced and hurdles....to view those issues in the meeting as well.

I am open to Fridays as a start point, and being devoid of family and kids, I have some time on my hands outside of work hours.... :-)

Regards

Old 06-01-2009, 11:06 AM
bigdaveindubai

all please dont register yet.  I will let ya know when. I have to fix up the site. ect...

thanks in advance.

and cathurga, very well said..

Old 06-02-2009, 02:06 AM
gergle

I was involved in a club many years ago in Aus. Generally I think it will be difficult for a rc club to exist if it's purely self funded through member fee's, shop sponsorship etc.
The clubs I remember were mostly 'attached' to larger community or sport clubs. One I was involved in was attached to a sports club and another to a off road / rally club (both non profit organisations). I think there was another that was shop sponsored, but we have allready established that this is not going to work here right now.
I think the best option in Dubai would be to try and align with somewhere that has either a common interest or where we would 'add to the attraction'. Some possibilities could be Dubai Autodrome, one of the carting clubs, or somewhere that is a family oriented attraction with high level of public walk through like global village....having trouble thinking of some others but there must be some.
Of course Dubai is not Aus, so who knows what will work and what will not, but I feel that for it to have the best chance, we need to attach to an organisation where we add to the attraction, and thereby put some benifit back to that organisation through our presence. The costs for an RC facility would not be hugh, and membership fees can cover most operating costs, but for setup, we may need help.
Not sure if this helps........

Old 06-02-2009, 08:12 AM
tommygun32

Hi Guys,
It’s been proposedto get together for a meeting to discuss the organization of a RC Club.
I have been able to tentatively book a venue for this Friday (June 5<sup>th</sup>) at 4:00 pm in the Jebel Ali Recreation Club.
If you are interested, please holler back no later than tomorrow (June 3<sup>rd</sup>) so I can confirm the booking.

I have already sent an email to everyone on the mailing list. If you haven't been included, please PMwith your details and I'll send you a copy.
Send your ideas for meeting format, etc as well.
Thanks everyone
Old 06-03-2009, 02:57 AM
bigdaveindubai

tommy, write me down. I will be there
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
tommygun32

Hi Guys,

Just a quick and large Thank You to everyone who showed up for the first meeting to discuss the establishment of a RC Club. Many things were discussed and I feel we made some very good forward progression. I will send a general email sometime nextweek to inform everyone about the progress.

Thanks again. It wasa pleasure to catch up with some old faces and meet some new ones as well.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:13 AM
RC Bigbang

We are inviting all RC car racing (remote controlled) fanatics to participate and join in the upcoming Dubai RC-Fast Track Challenge 2009.
Perhaps this could be the start of the RC craze here in the UAE.
Open invitation to all amateurs and pros. We will have a special dates for beginners to practice different techniques and a chance to learn more about new technology in RC racing and new models. So join now.
Pls. send email to: [email protected] or [email protected]
Or you can join our Facebook group "Dubai RC-Fastrack Challenge 2009"
<wbr></wbr>Make the challenge roar!!! See you there!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 AM
vineshvijayan

When and where ??? Could you throw some light on the topic and share more details.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:18 AM
joydude630

Is it on-road or off-road? Electric or Nitro? Location?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 PM
RC Bigbang

This could be at the Zaabel Park sometime in July, i will keep you posted with the developments...
On-road and both electric and nitro will be in the limelight! The race track will be available at the location for 2 weeks for practice, then end of these weeks will be the main race.
Please visit our Facebook group account for more info ("Dubai RC-Fastrack Challenge 2009").

Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
mister-e

How to visit the facebook group account?

Or, please justprovide a link to where these information can be found!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
RC Bigbang

hi there!
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/gr...d=111464665931

Old 06-08-2009, 03:01 AM
bigdaveindubai

hey guys sorry just got back into town.  had to go to usa for some family buisness.  The site www.uaercclub.com will be going under some major renovations.  plan on having a review section so we can have users do reviews on new products, forum, photo gallery so users can show off thier rides and such, maybe a web based email system so you can have a uaercclub.com email addy, even calender, ect..  will take me a few days to have it all implemented. stay tuned.  i will be at the next meeting promise.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 AM
tommygun32

Yo Bigdaveindubai,

Welcome back, I figured something must have popped up unexpected. It went pretty well and I'll be posting an email as soon as i get the minutes of the meeting.

Nice work on the site, thanks for your efforts bro.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
rockinro

Bigdave thanks for your efforts, it is really appreciated. 

RC Bigbang that sounds great! keep us updated on what exactly is goin on and when exactly...thanks.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
RC Bigbang

tnx rockinro! i will keep u posted asap!
we accept sponsorship for the race event, we want to make this a huge success and hopefully to start a good rc sports in our community.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:14 PM
cyrano75

hey guys
Keep on the good work.
the bigbang race in july, is only for on road ????
Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 AM
tommygun32

Bump.....
Old 06-14-2009, 04:25 AM
cathurga

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tommygun,

I sent you a mail earlier regarding the Fast track effort.

Otherwise it has gone a bit quiet in here......next thing there will be tumbleweeds rolling through again....

Mini Racing is gathering some momentum, also had rockinro tearing up the track with his Ferrari ....he was having a hard time staying out of the way of speeding mini's - but hey, if you cant run with the big dogs....stay on the porch!! [:-]

Old 06-14-2009, 10:49 AM
rockinro

Just keep that blue mini from crashing in to me so my steering would hold up!  
Trust me when my steering is fixed I'm gonna send you boys back to school!

It was good fun! Keep me posted when you'll meet up again (weekends...).

A thank you to all the drifters too for showing me around drifiting...was good meeting you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.