Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Droop gauge question!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 PM
kman43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Droop gauge question!

I have purchased the proline 1/8 buggy droop gauge while at the same time not knowing how to use it. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4498 I see that Hudy has chassis blocks for there droop gauge. Do I need blocks for my gauge? If so can I just make them if I had the correct size? Could someone please take a minute and tell me the proper way to use this tool, or direct me to a (How To) that will help me with this particular gauge. Thanks so much. Ken

I have a losi 8ight.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:02 PM
kojak61

Default RE: Droop gauge question!

I don't know how to use that gauge, but this is how The Drake does it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99PKqsUZjA
Old 01-01-2009, 07:15 PM
kman43

I do have a digital caliper tool. Maybe I will just stick to measuring from the top shock nut to the bottom. There is limiter/droop specs on the Drake set up sheets that should give me a good starting point. 95mm front and 106.5 rear. Did I really need to spend $8 on the droop gauge that I don't know how to use, well, maybe. When I get to the track in May (when the snow leaves in Canada) I will ask some experienced guys how it works unless I here before then. Come on (Integra) where is your 2 cents on this.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Lethal19

should have waited till the end of this month the tools that drake have will be out by then and they are cheap. or if you really want you can do it with a caliper but that might be a little harder to do.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Chris_RC

Stupid question: How do you adjust the droop? I noticed on my 8ight that one rear shock has more droop than the other (using a non-digital caliper that doesnt show mm) and was wondering how to change it. I was thinking of unthreading/threading the shock but that didnt sound right.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Stupid question: How do you adjust the droop? I noticed on my 8ight that one rear shock has more droop than the other (using a non-digital caliper that doesnt show mm) and was wondering how to change it. I was thinking of unthreading/threading the shock but that didnt sound right.

the screw that goes through the lower arm and push's on the chassy is how you adjust droop.....Kman43 i personally dont know how to use the Proline droop guage.....some cars you measure droop with the car on a Wheel and measure whats under the arms....and that is what the proline guage is for....but the losi uses shock length...so the tool is basically useless to you with a losi...No worries it was 8$ right ?

Lethal19 the tools losi is releasing is a Fold up car stand and a ride height guage....Not a droop guage.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Chris_RC

Thanks alot INTEGRA!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:23 AM
kman43

Thanks Integra. I will stick to measuring shock length.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:06 AM
INTEGRA

Anytime guys. [sm=teeth_smile.gif]