Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

VZB V-spec

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 03:33 PM
1911 Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VZB V-spec

Hi all, I just recently installed an os v-spec in my hyper7, What a difference that made. But i would like some input on things like the 3 head spacers that were included such as when and where to use them, i know less will increase compression and heat. The two carb venturi included. The manual says to use the red (smaller one) on tight technical courses, and the blue when more power is required. Now in my thinking by using the smaller one will increase the air intake velocity there by increasing low end response which would make for a very touchy throttle. Also is there an ideal heat range the engine should be kept in? Thanks alot. If there is a thread that addresses this pardon my post and please re direct me.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Hoese37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VZB V-spec

Add those shims if youre running 30% or more, per the manual, as for the carb restrictors, the smaller one will let less air through, amking the engine a little more touchy, but have less power and fuel consumption, the larger one will increase power, but have less runtime.