Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

NitroRCX

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 AM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroRCX

Anybody run the Battalion or Raze from NitroRCX? They look pretty nice and are very inexpensive. Going to race 1/8 scale. Cant see paying $700 when I can get one of these for $269. And they do have spare parts out of Mexifornia.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:16 AM
iexion

Default RE: NitroRCX

Im sure those are not fully "race" ready but none the less i have also been looking into those. Out of all the "internet RC" places, NitroRCX seems to be a better one when i was browsing for the replacement parts. Had a pretty good selection.

Not only that but the Battalion doesnt seem to be based off of a Major company like Traxxas, Hpi, Xray,Losi,AE etc...
Doesnt look like a rip-off in other words
Old 01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Hoese37

but you will not have any local support, and waiting a week for parts sucks. No set ups available, crappy stock radio gear, engine is weak, handles like a shopping cart with 3 wheels.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 AM
K_B

There's a reason a race-ready car is 600+ and those RCX vehicles are not. If you are on a budget, look at the Hot Bodies D8. Local shops are more likely to stock HB parts. If you plan on racing competetively, you need local parts support.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
westphill24

X2^ I was going to buy from them when I first got into the hobby but couldnt find anyone that had experience with them. After I bought my revo I was talking to someone on here about them and they said there a good company but dont expect top of the line durability. Others have also said they run the vehicles and they love them but if you break a part and the site is out of stock then your just screwed for a while. Bottom line if your not racing get it and order some extra arms just in case.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
tlandon

Bought a Redcat Racing Hurricane instead, it has a bigger motor and was cheaper.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
iexion

Funny thing is, if you buy a name brand RC that you LHS doesnt carry ( lets say mine doesnt sell parts for anything OFNA or CEN) i would still end up buying online for the part. Just cuz i can run to the the hobby store every five seconds cuz i keep breaking the same parts and dont know how to drive doesnt mean something off the net is bad. plus if you have $600 to spend on just a KIT (no engine no radio) then by all means. 2nd since it doesnt take a full pay check to buy it doesnt mean its not fun. As for the engine, alot of engine for RTR that people own are not the best spec. ALL name brand RC companies have a crappy to decent engine that they put in RTR. the T-15 in hpi? not the best but it runs fine. The radio needs to go but if your just driving around the block and not really racing... why the hell do you need a $300 radio?
If i break a part on my LOSI and my LHS doesnt have it in stock, they have to order it.[:-]

Point is, if your just looking for something FUN (fun being what most people forget at some point and think every RC that doesnt come from a racing backround is crap) then go for something on the net. It IS cheap and you will have to order parts off the same website. If you can save up for something you can get parts to in the hobby store level thats great.[sm=tired.gif]

You dont always need a full on track designed, carbon fiber stuffed race car/truck/buggy/truggy to race. And dont need to spend close to a grand before the tires even tuch the ground to break in the engine.
I would also look into the ST-1
Old 01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
westphill24

Congrats and enjoy. Redcat/Exceed/Himoto are said to basically have the same vehicles with different names on them so if you do need a part you may be able to try one of the others websites. I hear redcat has the best customer support out of the 3 and they also have there own thread on here for help.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
ace9213

DO NOT BUY THOSE CARS. I had a 1/10 buggy from them and the thing never worked. It couldn't take ANY abuse. For $269 get a hyper 7. You can find parts for it everywhere. It is reputable. It is very strong.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: tlandon

Bought a Redcat Racing Hurricane instead, it has a bigger motor and was cheaper.
Bigger engine doesnt mean anything! Actually, alot of people upgrade from a .28 to a .21 for sake of more rpm, more controllability, and better fuel mileage. DO NOT BUY those cheap cars like Redcat, Himoto, bascially all the HSP cars.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
westphill24

Hey guys he already bought it dont give grief about it.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 AM
rclynx

Congrats on your purchase, you made a good choice and for the money its an even better choice. Plus you have a great bunch of helpful guys an line when you have problems, The Hurricane and the Earthquake were two of the best models Redcat has had.

Good Luck RC'en
Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 AM
tlandon

I appreciate all the info. I raced on road nitro for a while and carpet oval electrics for a long time. I am heavy into Giant Scale airplanes and IMAC competition as well. I know all about buying the "cheaper stuff" and all the bruhaha about doing that. My brother ordered the Exceed Razor and we are going to try and race. If the cars arent real competitve, then oh well. Neither one of us is going to get real serious about racing rc cars again. I know from experience that it becomes a money pit. We bought these to have fun with and race once in a while. We are both very competitve, however. He has a race car. So we both have other interests that consume most of our time and money. We most likely will run these cars at local softball fields just for fun and race occasionally. You never know though, if we get spanked at the local off road track we might have to step things up.
Again thanks for all the replies. And remember its all about fun, however second place is the first loser!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 AM
INTEGRA

Himoto...hurricane...Redcat....ansman....there all RTR level junk that will give you a Poor introduction to the REAL world of RC cars.......the motor's will pooch out within a gallon or 2...the stock servo's will prolly last a couple hours before they take a dump....you'll be lucky if you dont have to replace the whole Radio system with something that will actually work before you can actually have fun with the darn thing...and not to mention they are as weak as a pretzel............imo you made a poor moove in buying what you did.....sorry but its the truth.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
tlandon

I already have a foodabaa fm radio to put in it and better servos. it cant be that bad! i will let you know. its going to be here friday. my brothers exceed is too. we are going to the local indoor track on saturday to see how they perform.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM
westphill24

Dont you have to do that with almost all RTR? Why are you trying to make him regret buying it?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
tlandon

It doesnt bother me, I dont pay much attention to internet racers or internet flyers. I will update both cars after we run them. Thanks westphill24.

PS - what do canucks know anyway, Ay? Just kidding.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

I own a 1/10 redcat and I love it! I'm sure your gonna love your hurricane, in fact, I'm in the market to get a 1/8 buggy, and the hurricane is on the list of maybes. I'm extremely interested in knowing how the exceed razor compares to the hurricane. Please let me know how they run with each other. Like rclynx said, there's a whole forum for redcat on here, and a great bunch of guys who will happily help you out with any questions or problems...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM
iexion

Whatever you buy just have fun with it. thats pretty much all that matters. WWAAAYYY Too many peopletake this stuff too seriously. and thats what kills the hobby. nobody really makes cars just to have fun with. I think thats why Hpi has the brama and E10 elct car and buggy. you can get both RTR for under $200 and just run them around like crazy
Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 PM
rclynx

Himoto...hurricane...Redcat....ansman....there all RTR level junk that will give you a Poor introduction to the REAL world of RC cars.......the motor's will pooch out within a gallon or 2...the stock servo's will prolly last a couple hours before they take a dump....you'll be lucky if you dont have to replace the whole Radio system with something that will actually work before you can actually have fun with the darn thing...and not to mention they are as weak as a pretzel............imo you made a poor moove in buying what you did.....sorry but its the truth.
You shouldn't over load your mind with the trivial junk and keep your worthless opinion to your self if you can't be objective about the product. Over half of your statement are straight out fabrication because you haven't got enough experience to do anything but blow smoke. Product quality has come up with leaps and bounds as the CEO of Redcat works on his stock to become competitive in the Hobby. Just one good example about your fabricating lies about the Redcat product. The P3 SH engine is one of the best basic .28 engines on the market.............All the old Redcat 1/8's have those engines..........almost all the 1/10 Redcats are being equiped with the ever sturdy .18 SH engine. So please get your story at least a little straight before you try and start rumors that are untrue. Its not fair to the new people on this forum or the Redcat / XTM / who ever it is you don't like. [>:]
Old 01-20-2009, 09:44 PM
INTEGRA

[sm=lol.gif] too funny.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:49 PM
tlandon

Got my Redcat Hurricane yesterday. Put the batterys in and turned in on. Steering servo twiched and didnt work. Took the cheap AM receiver out and put in my Futaba FM receiver and used my Futaba radio. Servo worked fine. The problem was either the cheap AM receiver or the radio, dont know which.
Took the car to the local track today. Engine was way, way too rich. Adjusted the needles while leaving it a little rich to break in. First practice session after about 2 laps flipped the car on a jump going very slowly. Broke the right rear hub. Glued it but I knew it wouldnt hold and it didnt, so my day was done.
My brother's Exceed wont be here until next week, so cant compare it.
First impression with the Hurricane is not clear yet. I think it will be competitive but not sure of durability. I believe it is plenty fast enough. Dont have enough time driving it to tell about handling. Pretty sure I will have to change tires. I can upgrade to aluminum parts, but that gets expensive.
Sent a email to Redcat to see how they react to what I experienced. We will see how they respond.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in all actuality I order parts via himotoracingusa and most of the time they are in my mail box in 3 days....personally I think himoto has the best support of the 3...as far as weak as a pretzel I have had my himoto rxb-1 around 12 ft in the air many times and have yet to break a arm are anything like that......yeah usually the radios gear needs to be replaced but thats the case with most...dont let the guy get u down...you will enjoy that buggy....and just so you know all the parts on the redcat hurricane, exceed razor, and himoto torpeda will interchange....the part #'s are the same...if you order parts and it takes longer then 4 days to get them your ordering from the wrong place
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 PM
INTEGRA

1 tumble at probably 1/2 speed and it breaks a rear knuckle....sound pretty pretzelish to me. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he posted the same thing in redcat support forum....like I said there...I do not know how he did that because I have never broke any parts on the rear of my buggies...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.