Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.
View Poll Results: A poll
GAS
44.19%
ELECTRIC
25.58%
No need drag forum
30.23%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

due to the ever changing hobby and it's evolution,and the enthusiasm shown in our builds, what do Y'all think of a Drag Boat forum, I know some ponds are having organised events,and plus, the builds are just way to cool to be lost in the general threads, lets hear from all of you and ask the mods to consider this proposal thru poll tally's, thanks everyone.... here is just one site to whet your appetite.... http://www.rcdragboats.com/ here's some pics from that site... [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66373.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	987453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91955.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	987454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81654.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	987455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oi14161.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	987456   Click image for larger version

Name:	It99264.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	987457  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric

Thanks....make more work for me . J/k That idea is fantastic! I thought about that myself a while ago. Im sure it would take off and spread the word about that spectrum of the hobby. Ill bring it up on the mod boards and we will see what happens. Not sure what the procedures are or even the potential for another forum, but I have seen several drag boats lately in my browsing and it seems like a very exciting part of our hobby. I'll let you know what the adminstrators have to say about this. I'm definately for it!

-Scott
Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Be interested to hear thoughts - There really has been little discusstion of it in the forum. I watched (and participated) with interest in a dedicated drag forum but it dies a slow (be it quivering) death.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
misshydro

should be one forum FE&gas!! the drag cars have one forum for FE and gas and nitro.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:43 PM
mopartybob

at this point,over 50 hits,9 voters,0 comments.......... C'mon people,post a vote,or post a comment, Drag boats per say are not the only boats in the liquid 1/4 mile........
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
misshydro

Like I said before there should be one one forum for drag boat thats includes FE nitro and gas!! just like the car boys have!! Go look and see what I'm talking about!!! Bob you should had a third poll too/vote!! the thrid one should said one forum for all three FE nitro&gas in one forum.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Dana W

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm all for it . I already have runner bottom drag boats designed .

Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: misshydro

Like I said before there should be one one forum for drag boat thats includes FE nitro and gas!! just like the car boys have!! Go look and see what I'm talking about!!! Bob you should had a third poll too/vote!! the thrid one should said one forum for all three FE nitro&gas in one forum.
I agree,One forum with three sub-forums,(gas,Nitro,FE),this way it would be better organized and less confusing when searching for a specific build-up....
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 PM
mauian

I think it should be kept seperate, 1 for gas drag boats, 1 for fe boats, and if we going that far 1 for nitro boats that way we the readers not filtering thru tone of posts.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM
GRANT ED

Maybe I'm blind but I cant remember reading any post's about drag boats as it is. I'm all for expanding the forums when needed but I just cant see the need as I think the traffic would be very low.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:34 PM
dicko

I agree with Miss hydro on this one, get it started with all 3 forms of propulsion, then once it takes off you may be able to split it if interest is high enough.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
misshydro

Theres not much traffic on the drag car forum eather. Thats why I said just make one drag boat forum and anyone who's post should state Gas or nitro or FE in front of there post or some where on there post heading. It's not heard to do even a 5 yearold could understand that.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Simon.O.

Theres not much traffic on the drag car forum eather. Thats why I said just make one drag boat forum and anyone who's post should state Gas or nitro or FE in front of there post

Sounds like a good idea to me.
I like the idea of a Drag boat section regardless of propulsion system.
I do most of my reading in FE but visit scale and sail a bit too.
I read on a couple of other forums too and there are times when I think that separate sections for stuff can get too spread out.
So for now I think one section for all Dragers untill it is shown there is a need to split up the fuelers from the electron brigade.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 PM
GRANT ED

Out of interest I tried searching for threads on RC drag boats. I did a search in the boat section for threads with 'drag' in the title.
Total results for the history of RCU.......................... 3
I also went back several pages on the gas and nitro forums and could not find any thread that even mentions drag boats.
I'm not anti drag boats but there just isn't the demand to warrant a new forum dedicated to it.
If people really want a new forum we would be better of having a dedicated racing forum as there is much, much more talk about racing boats.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Dave ESPI

Just a single "drag boats" forum. I rarely see any threads on the forums that wound really have a need for such. It is not a very common subject unlike say "Warships".

Make an all inclusive Dragboat forum if one is needed.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 PM
mopartybob

Henceforth the reason for the poll Grant,there were a coupla drag boat builds in the past,but got lost in threads,...this way, they will garner and spark the interest for it to take off,face it,everyone loves a innovative build, and with the tweaks and personal endearment that most of us have become obsessed with to be the best looking or the bragging rights for the fastest boat in a small pond will not soon become a boor,I think it will set a new level and standard for the hobby,.....it just needs more exposure.... [8D]
Old 07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

When I clicked on the title after seeing a poll I expected to see a Yes or No instead of what you have. R/C Drag boats are dead in my neck of the woods but then again so are sailboats. We have one whole whoppin' FE boat club in the area, Scale ships are on life support, airboats nearly non-existant so just about all that's left are nitro and gas boats.
If a new forum was started I'd rather see one for R/C Sprint boats.
Don't get me wrong, I love racing of just about any kind but R/C Drag boats is one that hasn't taken off. The powers that be in here would have to see some proof of R/C Drag boats becoming popular before starting a forum on them.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 AM
mopartybob

PROOF......[:@]..,lets see...there's drag cats,drag hydro's,drag pickles,drag vee's, drag flat-bottoms, BUT,all those that have been built, have all been LOST in the MYRIAD of threads or JAW'S garage/closet.....lol....sprint boats....sure why not.....I would rather see a forum initiated,and given time to take off,but ,if after time it die's a slow quivering death(Quote:JAW) then yank it like a bad tooth,but ,lets give it a chance to garner interest,lets face it,our ponds are getting smaller,and the surging cost of fuel/availability will soon require us to adapt to the change's that will still peg our thrill meter's....or the alternative of running under some other power source,or borrowing a cup of fuel from a good-hearted neighbor,or not running at all.... [:'(]
Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Bob, if you've got any or know where there are some, I'd like to see some R/C Drag boat videos. Are they using floating Christmas trees? I'm kind of assuming that the boats are clutch equipped with onboard water pumps. One upside that I could see is that they could use sites that are otherwise too narrow for oval racing.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
mopartybob

as this facet of the hobby is still relatively new,i dont know if there are any vids. yet...I'm sure a hard target search will turn sumthin up,which i will do later, but in this site, http://www.rcdragboats.com/ (which does not require membership to view,) provides enuff insight to this growing hobby as attested by the long, growing list of the contributing manufacturer's listening to the needs of the people,and producing products designed for them....
Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 AM
misshydro

there running chain saw motor in the 1/5 scales!! 122cc!!!! I would bet they would have a floating tree light and and strait shot race like the real boys do. No ovals boys!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Dave ESPI

The beauty about forums is the SEARCH function. Ther is no law against pulling up older threads and adding to them, and it occasionaly helps keep such topics organised.

Find a relevant thread from the past, and add to it.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM
w3bby

This is like an election in a dictatorship....... you cannot vote NO
In answer to your question "Do we Need a DRAG Boats Forum,Gas and/or Electric (?)", in my opinion, no we do not.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
mopartybob

I tried to amend the poll to reflect a yes or no choice(along with including Nitro),but came up with a different screen....(maybe the mods can fix this) and as far as not being able to vote NO, I think you just did.......but without you posting why,personnally,to me has no validity to it,but i'll go ahead and ask you why not??? what are you afraid of?? and in reply to dave espi: The search function does not always key in on the key words,tried that the other day searching for one of my old threads,...In the past,I've asked the mods to start adding to the RCUniversity forum for simple Basic HOW-to 's that could be culled from past threads,ie:engine tuning,hull tuning,radio box set-ups and such,but to no avail., and so the search goes on for the answers/info to these all too often asked questions,and it's a challenging and tedious chore and somewhat difficult to be nice to explain to a newbee to do the search on what he's asking about,much like trying to find the build-up of someones drag boat,in the elect.,nitro,or gas forums....A forum for drag boats is NOT just for Drag boats,but boating in general,whether it be RTR's slapping on a fat prop and seein their et's,to the 100cc monsters looking for personal glory,it all boils down to everyone can participate.... it's just a different format...
Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

I tried to amend the poll to reflect a yes or no choice(along with including Nitro),but came up with a different screen....(maybe the mods can fix this) and as far as not being able to vote NO, I think you just did.......
I gave the people choice

I did not strip the nitro / gas results (but they have a head start), only add a No option - that way - a vote for gas or nitro will count as a yes and a no vote will be a no vote

Though as Ron already mentioned - it may take an act of God to have a new forum added - especially without a big rationalization - But I have a few boats that are Dragable - some behind my car and others on the water.
The following users liked this post:
Dana W (04-24-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.