Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Give Me Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Give Me Suggestions

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Its too bad they dont make car engines with bushings instead of bearings. There would never be a worry about a bad bearing since there wouldnt be any. Only downside is 99.8% of all car guys would never want to have to run full-castor fuel.
I suspect that the side-loading of the car engine crankshaft might be better supported by ball-bearings vs bushings. In an airplane, bushings are fine as the work load is pulling or pushing the crank via propellor. JMO. Not sure if it's right. But it's a thought I'd consider before trying to adapt an airplane engine to car use. On the other hand, I understand many airplane engines use ball bearings these days anyway.

Darn...off topic again. I keep doing that. I must try to be better....
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

A bit of perspective.

My friend is running a SIRIO S21-CL7 R STI. At one time, they were a $400 european engine. With less than 2 gallons on the engine, he had to replace a badly leaking front bearing. While doing so he noticed the rear bearing was rough and the rod was a bit loose.

Sometimes big bucks doesn't guarantee a whole lot.

Yep ! any manufacturer can have issues...doesn't matter which brand it is there will always be the potential for problems... However the frequency of these issues are much much higher with the Taiwanese engines then it is with the Italian engines.......You can physically measure tolerance difference and material hardness, and the Italian's are still the better........Taiwanese have come a very long way, but they are still not on par with a company like Novarossi.......With the Taiwanese engines I always tell my customers to be prepared to change the carb and the front bearing, usually of one of these engines doesn't run right its either going to be the carb or the bearing..... So put a TKO front in and find a used Nova or V-Spec carb and your golden........
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Please. Get a life. And get off your obnoxious pedestal. This is a hobby, it's about having fun, and I'll have fun with an LRP Spec 3 if I feel like it. I couldn't care less what you run. Or even how good your engines may be. You're a freakin' cancer to RC afaic. You don't see AB Mods or Monty Houston or Lance from RC Renew barging into threads and talking shxx and name-calling like trailer-trash 3rd-graders and trying to push their crap on people the way you do. CONSTANTLY.

Really.. Stop poisoning forums trying to sell your crap. That should really be banned. This is a FORUM for discussing RC, exchanging info, etc.. You're *******izing the whole experience constantly barging in and pushing what you're selling...

And however many other people you browbeat into kissing your axx doesn't interest me in the least. You are seriously deluded in thinking that you are the worldly epicenter of nitro RC... It's borderline emotionally unstable of you to be unable to accept that some people have fun in this hobby of toy trucks with a cheap simple non-modded engine...

Regardless of your small circle of sycophants, you're poison to the hobby. $500 engine setups and all. Go away..

(And go ahead.. Come on and say the same thing back to me. Go on about how you can tune your toy truck engine better than I can mine, about how much more yours costs, how much faster it is, etc... At least I'm here out of pure uncorrupted enthusiasm for burning nitro, and not trying to sell something and insult people in the process...)

Your issue is you hate to hear the truth...that you do indeed usually get what you pay for when you buy a Nitro engine... I see you constantly bashing on the higher end brands and only recently started to get your head out of your own arse enough to actually try some of these engines before you started flapping your gums about them.....I am not going to sit back and not say anything when you blab all this stupid ignorant drivel about how Nova's tune so horrible and SH tune the best on the planet, blah blah blah..... How thermally insulated carbs don't matter etc. etc....As what you say is absolute horsepoop , ......You talk like some sort of expert, and get mad when anyone disagrees, yet you yourself have not ever once shown video of anything impressive, nor any results from a race or any decent track video, you have really have shown nothing to backup all the big talk, and definitely shown nothing that should make you feel entitled to go after me when you don't agree with some of the facts I state......... I have no beef with anyone who is just a casual hobbyist out to have fun, but I do take exception when a backyard clown like you starts talking smack about topics they have no business talking about.........What engines have you run this year, what races have you attended, how many gallons did you burn ? I can safely say this year I ran and tested the following engines in great detail........... Losi 454, Losi 3.4,Werks B5, Werks B6, Werks B2, OS 21 XZB, OS 25 XZ, OS28 XZ, OS XZB Speed, Ninja JX B02, Technopower, Asscendency G5, Nova PLus 4T, Nova BTT, Novarossi Bonito, Picco Boost, Alpha 872, RB Fire 11, VZB V-Spec,Nova 28-7T,Nova 28-7RT,Nova P5,Jammin JPX 21, Jammin JPX 28, Nova FMS, Nova Kangaroo, PIcco Torque........... I installed and ran each of these engines....modified most of them, some of these engines I have sold many dozens of, others were for other interests......But real deal I work day in and day out with nitro engines..... Call me what you will, but when it comes to nitro engines I do have far more experience and hands on testing of the products then any of the haters here.....I am not dishonest, you just don't like hearing the truth and just want to substantiate your personal beliefs by accusing me of being biased and dishonest....2 things which I am not ! And just to be clear here.... I have earned every bit of praise I receive the hard way, nothing was given to me, I have had to fight tooth and nail every step of the way.... Every single customer review you read is 100% real, and I know it must just eat the insides out of my haters to see me time and time again backup every single dam word I speak......I have not been given anything by anyone, end of story ! I have earned everything by being honest, working hard and doing very good work... no magic, no trickery, no hype...... One day will come when you will attend a track, you will hear the most insane sounding engine you ever heard, and when you go ask the guy whats he's running your going to see my decal on the body, that day will come probably sooner then later, as many of my Clocked Nova's are starting to make the rounds on that side of the pond ! till then keep on trucking !
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I got an idea. I made a thread so all this off-topic stuff can actually be on-topic for a change.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10992250

Lets give the OP their thread back.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
The_Shark

keep your engine, its working fine, it should go another 3 gallons.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Nitroaddicted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No D:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

A bit of perspective.

My friend is running a SIRIO S21-CL7 R STI. At one time, they were a $400 european engine. With less than 2 gallons on the engine, he had to replace a badly leaking front bearing. While doing so he noticed the rear bearing was rough and the rod was a bit loose.

Sometimes big bucks doesn't guarantee a whole lot.

Absolutely. Companies like Alpha have changed the game. 200 bucks for a reliable, long-lived powerhouse.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

No D:
why not? its a good engine, save the money for tires, track equipment, fuel and upgrades, TRUST me, ive been down this road, tired of something thats working just fine, you get something new, have a bear of a time, or something breaks right when you get the new toy.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
HerrSavage

Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
HerrSavage

Your issue is you hate to hear the truth...that you do indeed usually get what you pay for when you buy a Nitro engine... I see you constantly bashing on the higher end brands and only recently started to get your head out of your own arse enough to actually try some of these engines before you started flapping your gums about them.....I am not going to sit back and not say anything when you blab all this stupid ignorant drivel about how Nova's tune so horrible and SH tune the best on the planet, blah blah blah..... How thermally insulated carbs don't matter etc. etc....As what you say is absolute horsepoop , ......You talk like some sort of expert, and get mad when anyone disagrees, yet you yourself have not ever once shown video of anything impressive, nor any results from a race or any decent track video, you have really have shown nothing to backup all the big talk, and definitely shown nothing that should make you feel entitled to go after me when you don't agree with some of the facts I state......... I have no beef with anyone who is just a casual hobbyist out to have fun, but I do take exception when a backyard clown like you starts talking smack about topics they have no business talking about.........What engines have you run this year, what races have you attended, how many gallons did you burn ? I can safely say this year I ran and tested the following engines in great detail........... Losi 454, Losi 3.4,Werks B5, Werks B6, Werks B2, OS 21 XZB, OS 25 XZ, OS28 XZ, OS XZB Speed, Ninja JX B02, Technopower, Asscendency G5, Nova PLus 4T, Nova BTT, Novarossi Bonito, Picco Boost, Alpha 872, RB Fire 11, VZB V-Spec,Nova 28-7T,Nova 28-7RT,Nova P5,Jammin JPX 21, Jammin JPX 28, Nova FMS, Nova Kangaroo, PIcco Torque........... I installed and ran each of these engines....modified most of them, some of these engines I have sold many dozens of, others were for other interests......But real deal I work day in and day out with nitro engines..... Call me what you will, but when it comes to nitro engines I do have far more experience and hands on testing of the products then any of the haters here.....I am not dishonest, you just don't like hearing the truth and just want to substantiate your personal beliefs by accusing me of being biased and dishonest....2 things which I am not ! And just to be clear here.... I have earned every bit of praise I receive the hard way, nothing was given to me, I have had to fight tooth and nail every step of the way.... Every single customer review you read is 100% real, and I know it must just eat the insides out of my haters to see me time and time again backup every single dam word I speak......I have not been given anything by anyone, end of story ! I have earned everything by being honest, working hard and doing very good work... no magic, no trickery, no hype...... One day will come when you will attend a track, you will hear the most insane sounding engine you ever heard, and when you go ask the guy whats he's running your going to see my decal on the body, that day will come probably sooner then later, as many of my Clocked Nova's are starting to make the rounds on that side of the pond ! till then keep on trucking !

Please.. How nauseating. So ONE.) Is all the praise for AB Mods and Houston and RC Renew and the others handed to them then? ,and TWO.) Are they here ranting on and shouting down everyones' throat about it(while oh yeah trying to sell things)?

AND THAT ON A FORUM THEY RIDICULE ON OTHER FORUMS FOR BEING FULL OF IDIOT NEWBS WHO JUST RUN RTR MT'S ETC?.......

I will continue to have fun in the hobby with whichever engines I choose to run, regardless of your hysterical (and unfortunate) screaming at the RC universe that only you know what fun is, etc bla bla..(in the simultaneous and perverse attempt to sell your engines.. ) Get over this pathetic delusion that people owe you respect. Nobody owes you anything. This is a forum for the hobby of playing with toy cars.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:12 PM
HerrSavage

OP and co., here's a very good value-for-money deal...:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ipe-Turbo-Plug

Spend the rest on a good clutch and some parts or tires or whatever. Or take your girlfriend out to dinner or something..
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
The_Shark

ok if the OP is NOT going to listen to me (reason) I run a Jammin JPX .21 with a picco JP-2 pipe in my 9.5 MBX pro.

i got it used for $80 and if i remember it was modded and broken in, this engine IS SCARY SCARY fast, ive run good race engines before, but this one is just MEAN, ive had about 3 gallons in it thus far and still starts right up and runs like a swiss watch (even though its Italian made)

you may be able to find one still.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Nitroaddicted

I was reading what you said, its just I'm not interested in getting an engine used, I would like to get a brand new engine that I know will run great.

I'd like to thank everyone so far for the suggestions, Ive looked into every single engine posted and the rest of their brand, Im kinda still leaning on a nova.

And, Supertib's advertising is actually quite smart, he is advertising directly to the consumer from himself, no ads or anything like that. That will maximize the amount of people visiting his site who may potentially purchase an engine from him. I mean people may get mad that it seems like he is "force feeding" his stuff, but he really isn't. Of course he is gonna tell you about his product, when you own a business you would know.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:02 AM
HerrSavage

This is a forum for discussion though, not a freakin' digital Turkish bazaar with everyone trying to hock their wares by shouting loudest and being the most insulting.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:44 AM
savagecommander

No doubt. Get a sticky and stop poisoning everyone elses threads.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM
supertib

lets clear the air right now... IA m not bragging as I am being accused... but rather I am substantiating my opinion by stating my experience and accomplishments... Isn`t funny that on RC Tech where there are thousands of hardcore veteran racers I hardly ever have anyone want to argue engines or fuel with me, instead my thread is one of the most popular there...However over here where we have a collection of relatively novice bashers everyone and their dog wants to argue with me ! 99% of the guys who always argue with me are light years behind me in terms of understanding and experience.... they are just too ignorant to know any better...they feel because they can put their nitro model around the front street for 10 minutes per week that they are some kind of expert..... Its really funny but the hardcore experienced racers are far more humble then the collection of newbies we have on many of these forums here..... Funny thing is the more knowledge guys acquire, I mean really know as in real world knowledge, the more humble they become and the more they realize how little they actually knew............ I get called out all the time, and basically been forced to validate myself, as i am truly lighyears ahead of where most causal hobbyists are, and because of that I am constantly getting called out because the novices don't like hearing what I have to say many times........o I am not bragging, I am just stating my credentials so p0eople reading these threads can see who is who in many of these debates...In one corner we have some blockhead from Germany who never races, can't tune and usually struggles with the simplest of things, in the other corner you have me, a many year veteran of building high performance engines, whoès engines have won races all over the globe, and has a proven track record as being one of the best in the business ! SO sometimes it does seem like I am bragging, but its usually only when I feel I need to substantiate my credentials when I am attacked by ignorant novices who are too stupid to know any better who they are arguing with !

I read Hersavage write that thermally insulating the carb doesn't matter in how a engine tunes LOL..meanwhile I deal daily with these engines and can safely say thermal insulation plays a massive role in how a nitro tunes, manufacturers go thru great lengths to isolate their carbs...the very best tuning engines on the market today, OS and Nova just by coincidence also have the most thermally isolated carbs............. I mean I work daily in this industry, I talk with the owners of the engine companies...Yet this blockhead Hersavage will argue with me over it like he's some sort of expert............ Then have the nerve to tell me I am the one who is bad for the industry LOL...meanwhile he will go on to bash on Novarossi saying how crappy they are, how Picco's are no good, how anything too expensive for his meager budget is also not good and not needed..... I pray nobody reads this guys stuff and actually believes him.....Most of what he says is plain wrong..........he is a school teacher with no mechanical background or skill, yet he stupid enough to constantly go toe to toe with me ? SO if i seem like I am bragging I am sorry, I just figure others here would like to see the disparity between us when it comes to nitro skill and knowledge......In the end this forum is full of a bunch of knowitalls who are nothing more then fluffed up novices !
Old 03-09-2012, 08:12 AM
savagecommander

"blah blah blah, im the king of the mountain and the world is at my feet. How dare you challenge my authority!"

Keep your selling in the market. im not interested in reading about how good you think your motors are in every single thread.

Get a sticky and put your products in that. its worse than spam.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 AM
The_Shark

supertib, step back and look what you have done, you are owner of a company, even IF you are right, the way you are expressing it is unprofessional, you have been writing books, calling names, going on rants, you are tarnishing your name, getting too personal and coming off as a jerk, talking to somone over the net leaves both with no cues like body language and the tone in your voice.

all this is making you seem desperate and uneasy, just post and never look back, if someone likes what they see they will PM you, but arguing with someone is making you look bad.

just saying.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
HerrSavage

I've never said I know everything, and I've never said Piccos or Novas suck.. I HAVE however said that all other engines NOT Picco or Novas don't automatically suck.. You never see me arguing about technical details about engines. I just say "hey, I had a blast with my LRP Spec 3..." Then in barges this delusional loudmouth telling me and everybody else I don't know what fun is because I don't run what he runs.. (and is selling of course..)

I'm just bloody sick of being told by some hysterical aggressive trash-talker that if you don't run what he runs, it's junk. My SH engines tune just fine for bashing, and I have fun with MT's, regardless of what anybody else says about it.. This year I'll be running a modded Picco and an RB Fire 11 in addition to my Argus and Nova and fleet of SH MT engines.. I don't need to prove anything to anybody though. This is a hobby. I'm not begging for "cred" (or paranoid about having or not having it...) or respect on the basis of some ludicrous notion of an RC cred totem pole as much as I'm just trying to enjoy the hobby, despite the likes of supertib , who is nothing more than a stain on it afaic.

Dude, GO AWAY. You have been talking trash about MT's, and about this whole forum full of clueless newbs, and more and more just about anybody who doesn't run what you insist everybody run, for years. You hate MT's and spam up LST forums all the time too.. Just go away and don't come back. You're just poisoning what should be a laid back, "run what you brung" type of hobby. That you obviously have no whiff how pathetically obvious it is that the only reason you are here is to sell stuff (and bully people into buying stuff...) would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic and obnoxious.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

lets clear the air right now... IA m not bragging as I am being accused... but rather I am substantiating my opinion by stating my experience and accomplishments... Isn`t funny that on RC Tech where there are thousands of hardcore veteran racers I hardly ever have anyone want to argue engines or fuel with me, instead my thread is one of the most popular there...However over here where we have a collection of relatively novice bashers everyone and their dog wants to argue with me ! 99% of the guys who always argue with me are light years behind me in terms of understanding and experience.... they are just too ignorant to know any better...they feel because they can put their nitro model around the front street for 10 minutes per week that they are some kind of expert..... Its really funny but the hardcore experienced racers are far more humble then the collection of newbies we have on many of these forums here..... Funny thing is the more knowledge guys acquire, I mean really know as in real world knowledge, the more humble they become and the more they realize how little they actually knew............ I get called out all the time, and basically been forced to validate myself, as i am truly lighyears ahead of where most causal hobbyists are, and because of that I am constantly getting called out because the novices don't like hearing what I have to say many times........o I am not bragging, I am just stating my credentials so p0eople reading these threads can see who is who in many of these debates...In one corner we have some blockhead from Germany who never races, can't tune and usually struggles with the simplest of things, in the other corner you have me, a many year veteran of building high performance engines, whoès engines have won races all over the globe, and has a proven track record as being one of the best in the business ! SO sometimes it does seem like I am bragging, but its usually only when I feel I need to substantiate my credentials when I am attacked by ignorant novices who are too stupid to know any better who they are arguing with !

I read Hersavage write that thermally insulating the carb doesn't matter in how a engine tunes LOL..meanwhile I deal daily with these engines and can safely say thermal insulation plays a massive role in how a nitro tunes, manufacturers go thru great lengths to isolate their carbs...the very best tuning engines on the market today, OS and Nova just by coincidence also have the most thermally isolated carbs............. I mean I work daily in this industry, I talk with the owners of the engine companies...Yet this blockhead Hersavage will argue with me over it like he's some sort of expert............ Then have the nerve to tell me I am the one who is bad for the industry LOL...meanwhile he will go on to bash on Novarossi saying how crappy they are, how Picco's are no good, how anything too expensive for his meager budget is also not good and not needed..... I pray nobody reads this guys stuff and actually believes him.....Most of what he says is plain wrong..........he is a school teacher with no mechanical background or skill, yet he stupid enough to constantly go toe to toe with me ? SO if i seem like I am bragging I am sorry, I just figure others here would like to see the disparity between us when it comes to nitro skill and knowledge......In the end this forum is full of a bunch of knowitalls who are nothing more then fluffed up novices !
This is very unprofessional. If you conduct business in the same way your conduct yourself on an online forum, why should we believe your engines are superior to others? After seeing this, do you honestly think the dude would ever buy one if your engines?

You called your potential customers a bunch of knowitalls who are nothing more then fluffed up novices. I suggest you step back and let the thread cool off, before you make yourself (and your business) look worse. The bias in your posts is overwhelming, and you are blatantly hawking your product.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Nitroaddicted

My thread just got hijacked LOL
Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Nitroaddicted

Ok, from personal experience, what was a great high rpm .21 you've ever used. Just say the name, nothing else to prevent arguments.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
69B|uEs
My Feedback: (87)

torco fuel is da bomb....
Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

supertib, step back and look what you have done, you are owner of a company, even IF you are right, the way you are expressing it is unprofessional, you have been writing books, calling names, going on rants, you are tarnishing your name, getting too personal and coming off as a jerk, talking to somone over the net leaves both with no cues like body language and the tone in your voice.

all this is making you seem desperate and uneasy, just post and never look back, if someone likes what they see they will PM you, but arguing with someone is making you look bad.

just saying.
yup

and Nitroaddicted yea thread jacks happen on certain subject, and sadly asking about racing engines is one of the typical thread jack topics
other topics where thread jacks happen often: Nitro Vs Electric, Truggy Vs MT, and basically Truggy Vs anything
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
ll TheDude ll
Banned

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: supertib

This is very unprofessional. If you conduct business in the same way your conduct yourself on an online forum, why should we believe your engines are superior to others? After seeing this, do you honestly think the dude would ever buy one if your engines?

You called your potential customers a bunch of knowitalls who are nothing more then fluffed up novices. I suggest you step back and let the thread cool off, before you make yourself (and your business) look worse. The bias in your posts is overwhelming, and you are blatantly hawking your product.
Your right, I wouldn't buy one of his engines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.