Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Give Me Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Nitroaddicted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give Me Suggestions

On my ancient Jammin X1 Cr Pro, yea I know not up to date hopefully I dont get ridiculed like on rctech but it works great and keeps up with the new machines, I have been running a TOP (Novarossi) BT 3.5, picked it up used a while back and had no clue what it was at the time, only that it was made in Italy. The guy had 3 gallons on it, Ive put another 3 and a halfish and its still running as great as when i got it, but alas its time to retire it and put something new into the car for this race season (Im an expert basher XD, but its only my 2nd race season, so Im still a noob at race equipment). I was thinking of picking up the Novarossi p5 (I love Novas), but Im not too big into the engine game, Ive only owned a few different brands., but I was wondering what would be a great engine at around $250-$300?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Nitroaddicted

Default RE: Give Me Suggestions

Oh, and just for fun, here's pics of the TOP.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82097.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1736206   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17942.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1736207  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

On my ancient Jammin X1 Cr Pro, yea I know not up to date hopefully I dont get ridiculed like on rctech but it works great and keeps up with the new machines, I have been running a TOP (Novarossi) BT 3.5, picked it up used a while back and had no clue what it was at the time, only that it was made in Italy. The guy had 3 gallons on it, Ive put another 3 and a halfish and its still running as great as when i got it, but alas its time to retire it and put something new into the car for this race season (Im an expert basher XD, but its only my 2nd race season, so Im still a noob at race equipment). I was thinking of picking up the Novarossi p5 (I love Novas), but Im not too big into the engine game, Ive only owned a few different brands., but I was wondering what would be a great engine at around $250-$300?
Dunno why anyone would ridicule you the X1's a pretty decent machine that's almost unbreakable. Hell they still produce, and sell them which should be a testament to is robustness seeing the X2 was discontinued before the predecessor, and they based the nexx 8 off the X1 (only part differences are the chassis, and electronics)
Wish I could give advice on the racing aspect, but I'm a basher too, and just run a Force .28 in mine. But don't let people talk smack racing is 90% driver 10% machine so basically a good driver with a poor machine would be more competitive vs a newbie with the best machine out.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

gah double post... damn misbehaving RCU
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alpha A852 with 2090 pipe..
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Nitroaddicted

SyCo: I know, I never actually have broken anything, everything just wears out ie bearings and screws. I swear it is invincible for the most part.

HerrSavage: I took a look at the alpha line and they look nice, I will probably research them more, but the a852 is for low end. I am looking for a more high rpm engine.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
nitroexpress

SyCo: I know, I never actually have broken anything, everything just wears out ie bearings and screws. I swear it is invincible for the most part.

HerrSavage: I took a look at the alpha line and they look nice, I will probably research them more, but the a852 is for low end. I am looking for a more high rpm engine.
If you want high end, get the Alpha A872
Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
HerrSavage

Or the Z852..

I have an RB Fire 11 waiting for break in.. Meant to have a wicked top-end.. Don't think they're as cheap in the US as they are here though.. Or the Blast lim. ed. from RB..

The Werks B6 is worth a look too.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it may be a little over budget...but this will be much faster then the Alpha's and the Argus, especially on the top end.....It is more durable and It will get better fuel mileage then any others listed and the tuning is the best in the biz...Novarossi tune the nicest of them all....Yes you pay a little more then with the Taiwanese, but you do get a hell of a lot more engine !

Anyways...Clocked P5XLT !!!!!!

http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...re-novs21p5xlt
Old 03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
nitroexpress

A $320 engine in aJammin X1 Cr Pro.Precious!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

A $320 engine in a Jammin X1 Cr Pro. Precious! [img][/img]

Well why does it matter what machine it goes into ? i mean his budget is $300.00 and he already has and likes the Nova........myself I'd much rather spend $320 on the Nova then I would $200.00 on the Alpha or Argus....the quality and performance difference is worth the extra $ if you ask me...........
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: supertib

A $320 engine in aJammin X1 Cr Pro.Precious! [img][/img]

Well why does it matter what machine it goes into ? i mean his budget is $300.00 and he already has and likes the Nova........myself I'd much rather spend $320 on the Nova then I would $200.00 on the Alpha or Argus....the quality and performance difference is worth the extra $ if you ask me...........
And you're not biased at all.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:23 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: supertib

A $320 engine in a Jammin X1 Cr Pro. Precious! [img][/img]

And you're not biased at all. [img][/img]

No differently then you are ......
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Heard from a old hobby shop employee(I miss him he was a blast) prior to getting mine his friend managed to break a upright on his. That was after 3 race seasons, and jumping it off a 2 story house into concrete 4 times though prior to that it was 100% bone stock. He also said after $5 in parts and it was running just like new
Old 03-08-2012, 11:37 AM
nitroexpress

[/quote]

[/quote]
There is a difference. You only push the items you sell. It's called pimping. In my case,I am a equal opportunity buyer. Heck, I even own one of your engines.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
supertib

[/quote]
There is a difference. You only push the items you sell. It's called pimping. In my case, I am a equal opportunity buyer. Heck, I even own one of your engines. [img][/img]
[/quote]

I sell what I beleive to be the best in the market today.... And I willingly put any engine to the test against one of mine......... And yes you do own one of my earlier engines, but truth be told if I knew the kind of person you were I would have never done that engine for you in the first place, you were a complete jackass to deal with........ Arguing with me over the Fiorini slider, only to 2 years later be saying the same things I was trying to tell you back then.... Back then you called me biased because you were all high and mighty on that Slider clutch and I told you it sucked on most .21's...Then 2 years later your posting the same stuff about that clutch I was trying to tell you..... So you can shove it dude...you know everything and nobody can tell you any differently.....
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Nitroaddicted

I've seen plenty of videos of supertib's engines, and they are awesome. I'll probably buy a clocked engine for sure. $319 isnt out of my budget, I don't have a restrictive budget. 250-300 is what id like to spend, but 320 is perfect.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 PM
HerrSavage

Don't forget about the $100 matching pipe, a couple of just-the-right plugs, a gallon of just-the-right fuel, a just-the-right clutch, a preheater with lipos, etc...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Don't forget about the $100 matching pipe, a couple of just-the-right plugs, a gallon of just-the-right fuel, a preheater with lipos, etc...

Yeah...thats sorta right...yes I do recommend running good fuel, good plugs and a decent pipe...But None of this is needed really to run the engine.....Even with the same pipe, fuel and plugs my engine will run just as good or better then the engines your running....Its not like all this is needed to just run the engine...... Now of course if someone is after having the best optimal performance and runtimes then going over to a higher end fuel, plug and pipe is the way to go, as each of these components will improve the running characteristic of any engine, not just my own................. I mean I watch your videos Patric, your engines are not tuned that great, nor do you own anything that I would consider fast....You always have a high cackling idle and really show nothing impressive.... Anyone could match what you have with one of my engines...As my engines will run just as crappy as yours if we used the same plugs, fuel and tuning style you do......So don't make it sound like the casual user needs to be buying all this expensive gear just to run the engine...If someone is willing to settle for a little less then optimal performance they can run all sorts of plugs, pipes and fuel and still get adequate performance, just the same as you get adequate performance from your rigs.....chances are even on your pipe,fuel and plugs my engines will stand above any of the stockers you have....So I don't see the issue...... I am sure if i got my hands on any of those stockers you run, and put my fuel, plug and pipe expertise to work I would have your engines singing like you have never seen them sing before...good fuel,pipes and plugs are universal, they make every engine run better, not just my modifieds !.. ...Lets get real here.....There is no magic to mediocre running nitro's, put in average fuel, cheap glowplug and pipe, crank the idle gap and YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! it will run and push the car around just fine.......... But if your after the type of performance that makes people flock to your pits and ask what the hell your running as it stands out so far and and above what everyone else is running, then that gets a little more tricky and takes a pile more knowhow and skill...... And that expertise is something I do have if I do say so myself, as the hundreds of my customers have said.... read my dam thread for a bit, see what the guys buying my engines are saying, hell even drivers from my competitors have said the same thing..... In the end "Seeing is believing "...till you see one of my girls on the track in full song you just don't realize how far and above the average I have these engines performing ...So you haters can just kiss my ass .... Yeah if you want average then there are hundreds of choices out there, But if your after something special then I am one of the best guys to be talking to !

Basically it comes down to the fact I have never pulled any punches, I call it like it is, and sometimes people get emotionally attached to a product that I did not not feel too fondly of, so that made me the bad guy, even tho years later the fellow may agree with me on the point of initial discontent, in the end I am still the bad guy...... I tell the truth and sometimes people feathers get ruffled when they hear something that they don't want to be hearing, no matter how true it may end up being........I thank the thousands out there who have supported my business, and to the few haters out there , you can kiss my hairy arse !
Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
supertib

Anyways I can backup everything I say

http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...t/testimonials

can you ?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
HerrSavage

Please. Get a life. And get off your obnoxious pedestal. This is a hobby, it's about having fun, and I'll have fun with an LRP Spec 3 if I feel like it. I couldn't care less what you run. Or even how good your engines may be. You're a freakin' cancer to RC afaic. You don't see AB Mods or Monty Houston or Lance from RC Renew barging into threads and talking shxx and name-calling like trailer-trash 3rd-graders and trying to push their crap on people the way you do. CONSTANTLY.

Really.. Stop poisoning forums trying to sell your crap. That should really be banned. This is a FORUM for discussing RC, exchanging info, etc.. You're *******izing the whole experience constantly barging in and pushing what you're selling...

And however many other people you browbeat into kissing your axx doesn't interest me in the least. You are seriously deluded in thinking that you are the worldly epicenter of nitro RC... It's borderline emotionally unstable of you to be unable to accept that some people have fun in this hobby of toy trucks with a cheap simple non-modded engine...

Regardless of your small circle of sycophants, you're poison to the hobby. $500 engine setups and all. Go away..

(And go ahead.. Come on and say the same thing back to me. Go on about how you can tune your toy truck engine better than I can mine, about how much more yours costs, how much faster it is, etc... At least I'm here out of pure uncorrupted enthusiasm for burning nitro, and not trying to sell something and insult people in the process...)
Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

With all personal[ity] conflicts aside, I think you do get what you pay for... Generally. I have 14 years with car engines and almost 3 around aircraft engines. I have Taiwanese engines, Italian, Japanese, and several made in the US. My thoughts; more expensive engines tend to have better quality control. No doubt the budget models work as do expensive ones, but it's in the details. IMO, the fit and finish is noticeable. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, but I think you really do get what you pay for most of the time.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
nitroexpress

A bit of perspective.

My friend is running aSIRIO S21-CL7 R STI. At one time, they were a $400 european engine. With less than 2 gallons on the engine, he had to replace a badlyleaking front bearing. While doingso he noticed the rear bearing was rough and the rod was a bit loose.

Sometimes big bucks doesn't guarantee a whole lot.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

A bit of perspective.

My friend is running a SIRIO S21-CL7 R STI. At one time, they were a $400 european engine. With less than 2 gallons on the engine, he had to replace a badly leaking front bearing. While doing so he noticed the rear bearing was rough and the rod was a bit loose.

Sometimes big bucks doesn't guarantee a whole lot.
Ceramic bearings kind of explains a lot, at least to me. Ceramic is really hard, perhaps too hard. I havent heard a whole lot of good things about ceramic bearings. Most of the guys I've heard of having problems with them end up swapping them out for good ol' stainless steel bearings with phenolic bearing retainers.

Its too bad they dont make car engines with bushings instead of bearings. There would never be a worry about a bad bearing since there wouldnt be any. Only downside is 99.8% of all car guys would never want to have to run full-castor fuel.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Nitroaddicted

I have several nice pipes, and I run some of the best glow plugs already. Supertib, I run Torco Nitro 30% and it has worked great for me, ever used it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.