Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Give Me Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Give Me Suggestions

And there you have it.. Godwin's Law - the last argument of the ignorant.., finds its way into a toy car forum.. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more absurd..
Old 03-11-2012, 07:09 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

And there you have it.. Godwin's Law - the last argument of the ignorant.., finds its way into a toy car forum.. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more absurd..

I Am anything but ignorant.... Your the one lacking knowledge who assumes he has all the knowledge......

here is the definition of ignorance ! something many of my trolls would be guilty of......

Individuals with superficial knowledge of a topic or subject may be worse off than people who know absolutely nothing. As Charles Darwin observed, "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."[4]

Ignorance can stifle learning, in that a person who falsely believes she or he is knowledgeable will not seek out clarification of her beliefs, but rather rely on her or his ignorant position. She may also reject valid but contrary information, neither realizing its importance nor understanding it. This concept is elucidated in Justin Kruger's and David Dunning's work, "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments," otherwise known as the Dunning–Kruger effect.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:35 AM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

So when did you decide infer that I cannot tune? Asking for suggestions doesn't mean you don't know anything about engines. I don't care for a new car, the x1 works perfectly. I have all of the skill I need.
put a jammin engine in your jammin, new for $230 it wont disappoint. its a well made italian engine with gobs of power.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 AM
savagecommander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

I Am anything but ignorant.... Your the one lacking knowledge who assumes he has all the knowledge......

''ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.''[4]

Ignorance can stifle learning, in that a person who falsely believes she or he is knowledgeable will not seek out clarification of her beliefs, but rather rely on her or his ignorant position.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8883050

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8883148

"And quite honestly do you guys truly feel you know as much about these engines as i do ? I seriously doupt it, call me ignorant for saying that, but I am very very confident I have alot more experience with these engines...and if you guys had the same experience you would already know RTV is not nitro proof......Its nothing personal to say that either, but i have been running nitro since 1984 and currently have a successful engine modding business with pro level racers doing extremely well on the national circuit...... I spend about 50 hours a week modding, testing and tuning nitro engines, my interest in it is much deeper then just a causal hobbyist..."

seems like you fit that bill perfectly.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is amazing.

So much hypocrisy, so much trash talking.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 AM
HerrSavage

You beat me to it savagecommander.. "Inflated self-assessment" made me laugh out loud..
Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Ok, jumping back in. Calling Hitler in ANY form just because the guy is from Germany? That is the most grade school thing I have seen thus far. My family itself has been traced genealogically to the Alps in Germany, as far back as the mid 1400's. That is a thing of pride, and a prideful people. What is your ethnicity? I gurantee we could find atrocities to relate you to. And to top it off, you want to throw out definitions for words you couldn't grasp previously? Look up one of my favorites, a sin that you are duly guilty of. It is called Solipsism. Read: self-righteous, idiotic, closed-minded, rampant solipsism.

And, IMHO, your engines couldn't possibly be that great. If they were good enough to stand on their own accord then more people than just you would be advertising them. Furthermore, you wouldn't be pairing your advertising in every free form you could get like a dog on a man with a peg leg. That in itself illegitimizes your entire operation. So what is it? Are you just too lazy to advertise in a proper and adult manner, like every other business out there that is actually going somewhere, or are your engines just simply not selling enough to cover the cost of putting themselves out there? if the latter is the motive, them I would first suggest looking in the mirror. I may have considered one of them for a friend, even, had you put it out there in a way that actually makes me want to deal with you. I actually have a good friend who runs nitro 1/8 scale and he is looking for a good engine. No worries, I have already referred him away from your stuff.

You want to get in a twist over all these people who are AGAINST you? Ask yourself, "WHY are they against me?".. If you answer honestly, then you will blame nobody but yourself. Your'e throwing knives into the air and wondering why your feet are stuck to the floor.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 AM
HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: proanti1

This thread is amazing.

So much hypocrisy, so much trash talking.
That's right.. And honestly, unfortunate. I mean, this is a discussion forum for toy cars.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: savagecommander

''ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.''[4]

Ignorance can stifle learning, in that a person who falsely believes she or he is knowledgeable will not seek out clarification of her beliefs, but rather rely on her or his ignorant position.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8883050

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8883148

''And quite honestly do you guys truly feel you know as much about these engines as i do ? I seriously doupt it, call me ignorant for saying that, but I am very very confident I have alot more experience with these engines...and if you guys had the same experience you would already know RTV is not nitro proof......Its nothing personal to say that either, but i have been running nitro since 1984 and currently have a successful engine modding business with pro level racers doing extremely well on the national circuit...... I spend about 50 hours a week modding, testing and tuning nitro engines, my interest in it is much deeper then just a causal hobbyist...''

seems like you fit that bill perfectly.

Savagecommander...do you believe RTV is nitro proof ?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 AM
savagecommander

my point is that you never proved why you were right, you just used your "backround" as proof of truth.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Wow.

[&:][:@]
Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 AM
savagecommander

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Ok, jumping back in. Calling Hitler in ANY form just because the guy is from Germany? That is the most grade school thing I have seen thus far. My family itself has been traced genealogically to the Alps in Germany, as far back as the mid 1400's. That is a thing of pride, and a prideful people. What is your ethnicity? I gurantee we could find atrocities to relate you to. And to top it off, you want to throw out definitions for words you couldn't grasp previously? Look up one of my favorites, a sin that you are duly guilty of. It is called Solipsism. Read: self-righteous, idiotic, closed-minded, rampant solipsism.

And, IMHO, your engines couldn't possibly be that great. If they were good enough to stand on their own accord then more people than just you would be advertising them. Furthermore, you wouldn't be pairing your advertising in every free form you could get like a dog on a man with a peg leg. That in itself illegitimizes your entire operation. So what is it? Are you just too lazy to advertise in a proper and adult manner, like every other business out there that is actually going somewhere, or are your engines just simply not selling enough to cover the cost of putting themselves out there? if the latter is the motive, them I would first suggest looking in the mirror. I may have considered one of them for a friend, even, had you put it out there in a way that actually makes me want to deal with you. I actually have a good friend who runs nitro 1/8 scale and he is looking for a good engine. No worries, I have already referred him away from your stuff.

You want to get in a twist over all these people who are AGAINST you? Ask yourself, ''WHY are they against me?''.. If you answer honestly, then you will blame nobody but yourself. Your'e throwing knives into the air and wondering why your feet are stuck to the floor.

+1
Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 AM
tommygun32

Gents, if you want to have an argument about whatever....PM YOURSELVES!

supertib, I'm one of your clients and appreciate your posts, Savage, I also appreciate your posts, but for crying out loud guys, you're basically hijacking someone's thread to have a go at each other, and the ONLY thing that will occur, is this thread will get locked.

That is NOT FAIR TO THE OP!

Disagreeing about things and arguing your points vehemently is fine, hell that's part of human nature and is expected....but not by screwing someone's thread up. Start your own or use the PM feature on this site.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Agreed.

Gents, if you want to have an argument about whatever....PM YOURSELVES!

supertib, I'm one of your clients and appreciate your posts, Savage, I also appreciate your posts, but for crying out loud guys, you're basically hijacking someone's thread to have a go at each other, and the ONLY thing that will occur, is this thread will get locked.

That is NOT FAIR TO THE OP!

Disagreeing about things and arguing your points vehemently is fine, hell that's part of human nature and is expected....but not by screwing someone's thread up. Start your own or use the PM feature on this site.

[/quote]
This thread got way out of control and for this reason I made the "hash it out" thread in the engines section hoping the "debate" would move from here to there and spare the OP of the back and forth banter thats been going on in this thread and many others. Given I dont have any experience with race engines, I should never have bothered with this thread since I obviously dont have anything to contribute. I do know I've heard numerous people post about and rave about Novarossi (aren't they Axe Rossi now?) and as I see it one couldn't go wrong with one, but what do I know.. I'm just a Losi and Traxxas RTR basher. Use what you know works is my thought.

edit: tommygun32: its all good.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 AM
tommygun32

1QwkSport2.5r, I've removed you as a quote in my post. Sorry, I was simply agreeing with your post. All good.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Nitroaddicted

This thread is no longer a help to me, so do whatever.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
supertib

You want to get in a twist over all these people who are AGAINST you? Ask yourself, ''WHY are they against me?''.. If you answer honestly, then you will blame nobody but yourself. Your'e throwing knives into the air and wondering why your feet are stuck to the floor.

Who are you to say what my business does and does not do...refer whoever you want away from my work its not going to stop me from standing up for whats true and right......... You have no idea how much trash talking and trouble making these guys have done in the past, or how many people they have caused issues with......... This is one of the few forums where they have not been permanently banned from for being trolls and troublemakers........

Anyways steer whoever you want away from my work, tell your 1/8th racer buddies the topics we are discussing and see who's side they take.... Search around some of the more experienced forums like RC Tech and ask a few guys there whats up .... The only thing I am guilty of is speaking the truth and trying to raise the level of nitro engine understanding on this forum.....These wannabe experts can't match me with technical knowledge so they resort to childish trolling tactics.......other forums remove these characters pretty fast........

As for the RTV argument...I even emailed the manufacturer and posted their response, but the experts here still said myself and manufacturer were incorrect......Not sure what else i can do....and really these jackasses here would never admit they were wrong no matter how much evidence is put in front of their faces...

Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM
savagecommander

....and really these jackasses here would never admit they were wrong no matter how much evidence is put in front of their faces...

wait, are you talking about yourself?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who are you to say what my business does and does not do...refer whoever you want away from my work its not going to stop me from standing up for whats true and right......... You have no idea how much trash talking and trouble making these guys have done in the past, or how many people they have caused issues with......... This is one of the few forums where they have not been permanently banned from for being trolls and troublemakers........

Anyways steer whoever you want away from my work, tell your 1/8th racer buddies the topics we are discussing and see who's side they take.... Search around some of the more experienced forums like RC Tech and ask a few guys there whats up .... The only thing I am guilty of is speaking the truth and trying to raise the level of nitro engine understanding on this forum.....These wannabe experts can't match me with technical knowledge so they resort to childish trolling tactics.......other forums remove these characters pretty fast........

As for the RTV argument...I even emailed the manufacturer and posted their response, but the experts here still said myself and manufacturer were incorrect......Not sure what else i can do....and really these jackasses here would never admit they were wrong no matter how much evidence is put in front of their faces...

Not really its just that other forums if you are not part of the yes men you are alienated, and driven away by the mods. Here the mods take a more neutral stance, and generally close threads that go this far out of control (too bad were low on forum mods )

Lets remember this is a discussion board about a hobby... Once you stop treating it as a hobby it stops being fun, which is what it sounds like you have done.

As for how you are acting honestly I would never recommend anyone to your engines again (I did tell a few ppl to msg you when they were looking for engines in the past) calling people Hitler is WAY over the lines and highly offensive to anyone of Germanic decent (which I am...), and shows a complete ignorance.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

This thread is no longer a help to me, so do whatever.
SHHHHH, dont tell them that![X(]
Old 03-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Names taken, thread closed. If some of the participants in this farce so much as smell like they are going to start this back up, we're going to be having some new folks on moderated status around here. Enough is enough.