Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RC Pet Peeves

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

And no, not sharp, but those little bleed thrus were done on purpose, and in person it looks nice. Great try though! So sweet of you guys to be spending so much time on me! I feel so loved!
Yes, u are right I shouldn't of singled out anyone.
And generally I hold a lot of respect for ur posts, but that particular post was by far not one of ur best.

When u say thinks like
"Let's all watch this crappy youtube vid I made, just like the one I posted yesterday!"
"Showing off solid color or ultra-simple bodies and expecting praise out the yin yang"
"Yea, I'm a real pr ick with a bad attitude. Oh well"

It's hard to see, where u are comming from? I just hope I've misunderstood your post and u are really not that rude.

I still stand by my post, surely u knew someone would bite? And was I wrong to jump to conclusion I did?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I've forgotten a radio on occasion.. All the charging up(including backup receiver batteries, 3-4 glow starters, two starterboxes, and on and on...), packing up(tools, spares, etc..), then packing up the car, driving out to the place you're going to run, unpacking, laying everything out, turning on the box and pressing it to make sure it sounds good, then going to grab your radio for the first start-up... "Where's my radio?"

Often the whole process prior to this btw is further complicated by persuading(which sometimes means "bribing") and coordinating with the wife to come along...

Which reminds me of another pet peeve.. Not having a camera-man/-woman. My wife's enthusiasm for filming has declined somewhat precipitously in the last few years(understandably, I guess.. I don't like hanging out in shoe stores either..) So not having a filmerer and just having to put the camera on the ground is definitely a pet peeve. Last year I took both LST2's out, and honestly was nailing the best, biggest, longest, fastest backflips off the ramp ever.. And in the video all the good ones were missed, out of the frame... [] Then, OF COURSE........................., after going home, and bringing the wife out later that afternoon, all rushed and eager, I bunged up the jumps, broke stuff, etc.. [:@] That really sucked..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kOPfSkcDcU[/youtube]
Thats really annoying, I find it hard to get someone to film for me too, sometimes I just strap my phone to the antenna with cable tires and drive and film that way. The quality isn't the best if you don't drive through the screen and I don't recommend driving through the screen if there are hazards around (people, trees, lakes ect)

Almost all my bashing is done by myself, It is much better if there is someone to share the funny moments with and the awesome air I get with my mt4

Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 AM
phmaximus

Rc Pet Peeve.... To much drama on ur favorite forum.

I haven't seen anything exciting from the older members for a while, where are all the cool projects gone?
All we have now is a bunch of bored people arguing with each other about the stupidest stuff.

Stop talking about ur feelings and opinions, this is not a sewing circle. Get out there, drive ur cars, break ur cars, get videos, make a project, tell us about it, blog about it, it's better than threads like this

Hell, I made a matchstick boat trailer, and I might of found a turnbuckle for steering on the micro losi SCT and rally cars. What have u done? Share?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 AM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I haven't seen anything exciting from the older members for a while, where are all the cool projects gone?
All we have now is a bunch of bored people arguing with each other about the stupidest stuff.

Stop talking about ur feelings and opinions, this is not a sewing circle. Get out there, drive ur cars, break ur cars, get videos, make a project, tell us about it, blog about it, it's better than threads like this

Hell, I made a matchstick boat trailer, and I might of found a turnbuckle for steering on the micro losi SCT and rally cars. What have u done? Share?
I agree, lets have a competition to see who can make the best bashing video under 2 minutes in length or something exciting

If anyone has any ideas or is interested in a bashing video competition then let me know
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How's the weather in Australia? It's more than a bit COLD and blustery around here...I ain't going out in that sorta stuff any more...my hands get cold too quickly now days...[:@]
Not speaking for any one else, but maybe it's Cabin Fever...Winter sometimes does that to a person...(I've got the Flu...so it must be the meds I'm taking...that's my story anyway...)

It's Summer for you guys though, aye? I hear it's been quite HOT!?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: proptop

How's the weather in Australia? It's more than a bit COLD and blustery around here...I ain't going out in that sorta stuff any more...my hands get cold too quickly now days...[:@]

It's Summer for you guys though, aye? I hear it's been quite HOT!?
Yeah we have had some pretty hot days this summer, I like the long days, more time for rc as there is more daylight, though you have to keep an eye on the heat on some days or you can easily overheat your motor/esc/battery

Damn it, I just thought of a truly amazing idea, A rc radio that heats up in your hands so you don't go numb operating your car/plane/ect in the cold

Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to winter. Proptop has it spot on...cabin fever.

The drama always picks up around this time of year. You should see the Jets and AMA forums.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 AM
phmaximus

Would u believe it's 35c/95f right now... Time is 21:17 just gone dark

It's been nice all week untill today

Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 AM
phmaximus

Man its hard to imagine it, my winter is still hotter than some other people's summers, the only thing that ever stops me is the rain and extreme heat like today. Seriously after leaving the iPad on the back table, in a Griffen survivor case even, after about 30min it overheated and displayed a warning message. No kidding, after taking out of the case I couldent touch the iPad back or front screen for longer than 4 seconds with out it burning.... Imagine trying to run a brushless car in this weather?
Some days I'm tempted to try water cooling...
Old 01-17-2013, 03:02 AM
phmaximus

I was watching DJmedics latest video about his losi 5ive, wow it looks cold in Canada... I don't know how they do it...
I've never touched snow! I would last about 5min there before I died from frost bite...
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When u say thinks like
"Let's all watch this crappy youtube vid I made, just like the one I posted yesterday!"
"Showing off solid color or ultra-simple bodies and expecting praise out the yin yang"
"Yea, I'm a real pr ick with a bad attitude. Oh well"

It's hard to see, where u are comming from? I just hope I've misunderstood your post and u are really not that rude.

I still stand by my post, surely u knew someone would bite? And was I wrong to jump to conclusion I did?
When I said crappy, I meant it! There are many good YouTube vids out there, but when someone posts a 5 minute vid of a stock Savage taking the same mud puddle until it splashes all the water out of it, there's really nothing to show there, hence, the pet peeve. That's just an example, but it should be clearenough for you to get the gist.

As for the solid color bodies and such, my complaint about that was not people painting them like that in general, whatever floats your boat is just fine, but the guys who do it and then post 99000 pics expecting praise really need to rethink it, IMO.

And yea, I'm a jerk, a Kraut with an attitude problem, but that does not mean I intend to do that 100% of the time.

I feel, honestly, as adults, I scarcely have one nice word to say to you OR KennyKiller, so I think we should all just about face and pretend each other don't exist for the time being, until things chill out. You do post some good things here and there, and having to use the "block" function would surely detract from that. I am ALWAYS touchy. Not bragging, but I am THE Alpha in my day-to-day life, and I find it hard to swallow when a stranger gives me a hard time about things. For this reason, bye-gones be bye-gones and let's leave each other the hell alone for a little bit.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM
FahrtAutoRC

The cold isn't that bad, if you are made for it. My fiancee freezes all the time. If it gets above 65* F I start sweating. I've survived this whole winter so far, snow storm and all, with little more than a black beanie and a red quilted flannel, winter coat still hanging in the closet. Right before Christmas, we had a night with about 6-8" of continuously falling snow, 30* temps and no wind, man I was in HEAVEN! I went out and spent hours smoking on my porch and just watching the world go by.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM
supertib

LOL ...I grew up on the snow..... as a kid I played hockey all the time...then as I got older I started messing with snowmobiles.... Tats where I developed my interest for two strokes............... I couldn't even imagine life in the type of heat you have there, it would kill me.........tho i am sure my cold would kill you just the same....we can see as low as -50C here during the coldest times....very often it is -30 c with a heavy windchill on top of it........ Crazy as it sounds but my favorite time to ride the sleds is when it is -40c and below....the engine make amazing power in those conditions...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

OK top 3 pet peeves

3. standing next to an rc aircraft, some comes up to you and asks "how fast does it go"

2. someone telling you "yea I got a remote plane I fly but its bigger than yours, (me) oh yeah? what is it? (him) oh I don't know I bought it at a yard sale (true story)

1. watching a pilot skillfully fly 3D and asking him about his engine setting or oil ratio and he repies " oh I don't know about those things, my father takes care of that, I just fly (true story also)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: supertib

LOL ...I grew up on the snow..... as a kid I played hockey all the time...then as I got older I started messing with snowmobiles.... Tats where I developed my interest for two strokes............... I couldn't even imagine life in the type of heat you have there, it would kill me.........tho i am sure my cold would kill you just the same....we can see as low as -50C here during the coldest times....very often it is -30 c with a heavy windchill on top of it........ Crazy as it sounds but my favorite time to ride the sleds is when it is -40c and below....the engine make amazing power in those conditions...
Yep same kinda thing here. Grew up in Wisconsin with a snowmobile at my side. Still have 3 snowmobiles to date and LOVE to ride them on the coldest days. The colder, the more power and better snow conditions to get traction on. I used to collect vintage sleds until I purchased a couple of nitro trucks for my sons for christmas. These little engines took my interest to the point I got rid of ALL my vintage machines.

I HATE it when it gets above 80F Way too fricken hot for me. There were a couple of race days this past summer that started out at about 100F with high humidity.........the worst for me. My top R/c pet peeve is THE WEATHER!

This winter has been EPIC for me as far as running my Nitro stuff. I usually let my stuff hybernate (spelling) for the winter. This year I have been embrasing the EXTRA power the cold weather is bringing to these little monsters and beating the living heck outta my stuff.

I strapped 1/5th scale wheels and tires on my Hyper 7 now and I call it the shredder! Anyone remember the Firehammer 1/5th scales? I still have the truck version (sorry to say), I am using the wheels and tires from the buggy version. Got a little dusting of ice and snow overnight last sat. Sunday was spent tearing every square inch of my yard and the street up with it. 50mph drifting, sweet roosters, huge snowbank jumping, hill shredding and climbing. Another 3/4 gallon of fuel and maybe one smoked servo, all is good.

Sorry got off topic....I suck at this forum stuff.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM
FNG RIDER

never mind: P
Old 01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: supertib

Yep same kinda thing here. Grew up in Wisconsin with a snowmobile at my side. Still have 3 snowmobiles to date and LOVE to ride them on the coldest days. The colder, the more power and better snow conditions to get traction on. I used to collect vintage sleds until I purchased a couple of nitro trucks for my sons for christmas. These little engines took my interest to the point I got rid of ALL my vintage machines.

I HATE it when it gets above 80F Way too fricken hot for me. There were a couple of race days this past summer that started out at about 100F with high humidity.........the worst for me. My top R/c pet peeve is THE WEATHER!

This winter has been EPIC for me as far as running my Nitro stuff. I usually let my stuff hybernate (spelling) for the winter. This year I have been embrasing the EXTRA power the cold weather is bringing to these little monsters and beating the living heck outta my stuff.

I strapped 1/5th scale wheels and tires on my Hyper 7 now and I call it the shredder! Anyone remember the Firehammer 1/5th scales? I still have the truck version (sorry to say), I am using the wheels and tires from the buggy version. Got a little dusting of ice and snow overnight last sat. Sunday was spent tearing every square inch of my yard and the street up with it. 50mph drifting, sweet roosters, huge snowbank jumping, hill shredding and climbing. Another 3/4 gallon of fuel and maybe one smoked servo, all is good.

Sorry got off topic....I suck at this forum stuff.
eh, who cares if you got a little off topic. Great description of some fun winter time bashing. I can't stand the rain. No one likes to run in the rain and it hasn't stopped for 4 days now. Wet and sick of it!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
cumquat

i have started sweating while it was snowing a couple times. i love the snow, hate rain though. worst weather for me is anything above 75 with humidity to match. i can survive 100f, just as long as there is little to no humidity.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM
JohnP2

Back on topic, the absolute biggest beating when building (my first) kit was putting the rod ends on the turnbuckles. Good God almighty! I mean I have some strength, and ensure you had to use it all to get those on. Not talking about threading them (that was easy), but getting them onto the thread. Wow!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Back on topic, the absolute biggest beating when building (my first) kit was putting the rod ends on the turnbuckles. Good God almighty! I mean I have some strength, and ensure you had to use it all to get those on. Not talking about threading them (that was easy), but getting them onto the thread. Wow!
If you don't have one, a Dremel tool is almost a must have tool.

A touch with one of these bits and threading is much easier.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

I still cringe when I have to do that I've done a few models they were easy I forgot what one I did I got fed up grabbed a small drillbit and enlarged the hole a fraction to start it easier
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Haddi Taha

I heard AE had the turnbuckles and rod ends already assembled in the rc8.2e factory team kit, good enough reason to buy it
Old 01-18-2013, 12:20 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

People who say hobbywing ESC's are junk without ever trying or seeing one, just cause they don't cost 50%-100% more like other brands mean they must be unreliable junk...

Also people who will recommend a brushless ESC when the person is specifically asking about a brushed
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

People who say hobbywing ESC's are junk without ever trying or seeing one, just cause they don't cost 50%-100% more like other brands mean they must be unreliable junk...
YES!!! I love my little 80A, the one I bought used from its fifth owner a year and a half ago!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 AM
turok007

Also people who will recommend a brushless ESC when the person is specifically asking about a brushed
[/quote]

+ 1 on that also when someone is asking about nimh but everyone just says go lipo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.