Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Savage x 4.6 or savage xl 5.9???

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 PM
dee_the_narcotic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage x 4.6 or savage xl 5.9???

hello all...

ive been looking at these 2 monster trucks for a while now. i would like opinions preferably from those of you that have had experience with both models but all opinions are welcome. im going to be bashing around my neighborhood with the one i choose doing mostly minor jumping and off-roading. nothing too crazy i guess. i want to keep it mostly stock besides minor upgrades here and there so the best stock truck is what im going for. i would rather have the savage xl 5.9 but i have heard many bad things about the k5.9 engine so that makes me weary on choosing that one... which is making me point more towards the savage x 4.6.

by the way i am choosing 1 of these 2 trucks so other recommendations will do nothing for me, and dont tell me to get the octane. lol

thanks in advance and happy bashing!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:44 PM
ScarabChris

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the K5.9. Have had it for about 3 years now. Bash the hell out of it. It's a pretty tough truck. I have all the cool looking aluminum parts on it. I even have the reverse module in the transmission. It's really come in handy a bunch of times saving me a long walk with the truck pinned against a tree or something. I haven't run it in about 8 months though. I need to get it down and fire it up. Once tuned and dialed in it has always fired right up even after months on the shelf.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3671.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	2035043  
Old 09-25-2014, 02:48 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Either are good
Personally I like the Savage X a little more as bodies fit it unlike the XL
On the XL most bodies just look weird as the bodies were made for the X
Old 09-26-2014, 02:59 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say forgo nitro all together, finally HPI has a 1/8 gas powered savage. Not sure of it's price but it'll run long and probably be more reliable.

Between the other 2 I'd get the XL
Old 09-26-2014, 04:36 AM
ScarabChris

I have a lot more experience with gas. I used to race large scale boats with Zenoah engines. No doubt the gas engines are more user friendly. No starting equipment needed and they run until they run out of gas. I used to laugh at the die hard nitro guys at the lake. They spend 20 minutes to get this nitro boat to run, toss it in and it blasts off at 50 MPH only to stall in the middle of the lake.

One yank on the Zenoah and it's running. No throwing the boat in as I always used a clutch. Lay the boat in the water and cruise away. However....the nitro boats (when running) would always be faster. I would guess the nitro Savage might be faster than the stock gas Savage.