Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC Radio Vs Router

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Radio Vs Router

Hello,

I have a router TP-Link TL-WR842ND and I am facing a problem.
Recently bought a digital radio 2.4 Ghz (FS-GT3B) because my old operated in AM.
It turns out that every time I turn ON the radio, the internet settings crashes. The router loses configuration.
Already changed the router's channel for fixed rather than automatic channel, and other resources that were previously in AUTO.
I did this in hopes of eliminating possible conflicts between them, because I knew that my radio operates continuously changing channels (AFHDS).
Not solved, just turn on the radio to have to reconfigure the router again. Strange that it is connected to another router that stays indoors, an Arris, this in turn does not lose configuration, perhaps by being farther. Can anyone tell me what happens and how to solve this problem? Is there a way to get the most "armored" router? I believe the router is very open and taking more signal that it needs.

Thanks !!!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the 1st time I ever heard of this happening.
Its weird in all honesty as the radios don't even conflict with each other.
Now what is even more troubling is it resets the routers configuration.... NOTHING should do that outside holding the button on the back.
I have a D-link DIR-625 that just yesterday I was using a GT3 4 feet away from with no issues, or interruptions to its signal.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that is really weird. I have FS-GT2 and GT3C radios (my buddy has a GT3B) and our Linksys router has never hiccuped. I have never heard of the router brands you mention. Having to reconfigure your router just because you turned on an RC radio is just wrong. Do you have a 2.4ghz telephone? Does that ever cause problems? If I was you, I'd try a different router of a known-quality brand like D-Link or Linksys. That should just not be happening.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, sounds like there is a problem.

but.... U need to find out what device is misbehaving.

My first thought is to try another controller.

do u have a mate with a similar controller (gt2,gt3c,gt3b,ect)?? Or do u have a mate that will let u try to crash his wifi with your controller?

because who knows, maybe the controller has failed big time and now is a wifi jammer lol....

But.... I hate to ask, but how positive are u that the controller is causing the router to crash??
Is it like, everything is fine... Happy internet surfing for days, but the second u turn on the controller it bombs out?
Old 09-13-2014, 05:00 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't say how close you are to the router with the transmitter.
If it's a cheap chicom transmitter it could be and probably is very leaky.
I do know from experience that if you have a bluetooth controlling the radio in the car that will prevent a Spektrum radio from binding with it's receiver until you either move out of the bluetooth's range or turn it off.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is odd. I have a bunch of wireless networking equipment in my house and tons and tons of radios, everything from 2 channel AM/FM to Futaba and Spektrum 10+ channel systems and have never had any issues. Not to mention that I have a pretty extensive electrical lab, and put out all kinds of insane frequencies and signals from that place, without any internet issues. I have Linksys and Cisco equipment, but I've also never heard of anyone else experiencing things like this. WIFI networks by definition are pretty immune from random interference, if I were you I would try another router, doesn't even have to be anything super fancy just don't go bottom of the barrel either.