Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 06:47 PM
WhiskyVR-4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Originally posted by Wookie
Maybe I am missing something but isn't an electric car motorized? If the sign says no motorized vehicles then wouldn't that limit an electric TMaxx, RC10T3, etc... from running on the track?

Just curious and maybe something that you might bring up the next time you are there.
He's right. "Motorized Vehicle" refers to anything not human-powered, so unless a kid with an electric truck is gradding it over the tabletops with a rope or soemthing, his truck isn't allowed either.

I wouldn't bother making this argument to cops or people in charge though. They might agree and ban all RC vehicles. Just point out that you don't do any damage to the track, you don't present a safety risk to those that do use the track, and you don't interfere with any other person's reasonable enjoyment of the facility. Be sure to point out that you are willing to restrict your usage to times when BMX kids are not on the track, and maybe you can work some sort of compromise with them.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:04 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I called the city of Aurora today...Here is the answer I got from them.......Their idea of a motorized vehicle is anything that is powered by fuel. Be that gasoline , nitro, 2 cycle mix, or Diesel. They are unwilling to make exceptions because they think by letting me do it gives the idiot with a go-ped a reason to complain. The second point they made was the noise factor......They haven't even heard a NITRO buggy! Good thing now that I think of it.....Cause this thing is loud as hell!

I have a feeling the track officials are going to back up the city because they are the ones who built the track. And the track officials are the ones who are responsible to make sure people are following the rules......Im running out of ideas guys......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	70495_17532.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	40869  
Old 04-09-2003, 07:53 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

go back to your teenage days and jus be rebelous, who cares, jus dont get caught.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:19 PM
thebluebus

agreed.......would anyone actually physically throw you off the track??!.........can't believe the polive even bothered going to the track.......

And if they try to............just run like hell
Old 04-09-2003, 08:26 PM
DSA.308

I just got off the phone with a city employee who was really nice, and very informed as to the excact law. Here is how its written...It was originally intended for aircraft RC and then was adapted to include revisions for RC cars of any type. It says: Any powered RC that launches by use of Fuel power is illegal to operate in Aurora parks and greenbelt areas...We know driving it on public streets is illegal, so what this mean? IT IS ILLEGAL TO OPERATE A FUEL POWERED RC AIRPLANE/OR CAR, IN THE CITY LIMITS OF AURORA! Am I kidding? NO. Call the city of Aurora at 303-739-7160 and ask for yourself. Todd Marsh, writting from the big walls of NAZI Aurora.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:29 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
I just got off the phone with a city employee who was really nice, and very informed as to the excact law. Here is how its written...It was originally intended for aircraft RC and then was adapted to include revisions for RC cars of any type. It says: Any powered RC that launches by use of Fuel power is illegal to operate in Aurora parks and greenbelt areas...We know driving it on public streets is illegal, so what this mean? IT IS ILLEGAL TO OPERATE A FUEL POWERED RC AIRPLANE/OR CAR, IN THE CITY LIMITS OF AURORA! Am I kidding? NO. Call the city of Aurora at 303-739-7160 and ask for yourself. Todd Marsh, writting from the big walls of NAZI Aurora.
who do i ask to speak with, I am going to call them.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:33 PM
caseyddr

Well todd I just called, and they said its illegal to run anywhere that is CITY PROPERTY. That means if you have a big yard you can run it there, or if you have a friend with lots of land or somebody with privately owned property that would let you drive on there land, you could go there. They also said there is a plan for a offroad RC track for the future Hope that helps ya a bit.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:36 PM
DSA.308

I was helped by the first lady to answer the phone, she was really nice too, so be nice to her.

Casey yes she told me the same thing...they are going to build a track by the BMX track. So on that note its good news. Think about it.....a whole square 1/4 mile in a city of 3 million where you can run RC cars! You think it might be crowded? I shouldn't be down on it, but that means until its constructed, and after it is, it will be the only place in city limits where I can play without fear of a ticket...or worse yet, JAIL. I'm trying not to be negative, but it is a little extreme I think, in relation to the current policys...
Old 04-09-2003, 08:43 PM
DSA.308

Im done complaining...I am off to build my own track....on a Aurora greenbelt! ahahhahahahahhhhhhhahhaaaaa
Old 04-09-2003, 08:54 PM
caseyddr

Im done complaining...I am off to build my own track....on a Aurora greenbelt! ahahhahahahahhhhhhhahhaaaaa
i was nice where you going to build it at exactly?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:01 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i think maybe the plane geeks messed it up for r/c nitro cars.

they think r/c and engines they think planes. like i said alot of people come up to me and "that thing runs on gas?"

how long before they build the r/c area? is it underway or a distant dream?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:04 PM
caseyddr

from what the lady sounded it is under the category of "distant dream" one of those plans that doesnt get on the way for a few years.. something jus to shut up a few people. Hopefully its a huge track for htem, because it'd be a pity for a 1/10th scale for Todd.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:59 PM
DSA.308

I think Casey read into that one well. I think it might be quite a while before it gets built. Oh I knew Casey you would polite I was just saying in general because I posted the #. I think you should be up for Moderator status Casey...you have demonstrated your ability to behave on a consistent basis. I hope they offer it to you, I think you deserve it.

To be honest there are places in Aurora where the fields are so deep if you walked in you could be out of sight and sound from the main roads. I am going to Lowes to buy a shovel and a rake tonight....seriously. With a good landscaping rake and a regular spade shovel you could do alot in a days work. Plus if you look at buggy tracks the obstacles are fairly small because you have to have a perfect line of sight at all times. So its not like I need to build a 6 foot high, and 30 foot long, table-top like at the BMX track...although looking back now it may have been the only 3 hour un-interupted run I will ever have there...sure was fun.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:08 PM
caseyddr

I think Casey read into that one well. I think it might be quite a while before it gets built. Oh I know Casey I knew you would be I just was saying in general because I posted the #. Ithink you should be up for Moderator status Casey...you have demonstrated your ability to behave on a consistent basis. I hope they offer it to you, I think you deserve it.

To be honest there are places in Aurora where the fields are so deep if you walked in you could be out of sight and sound from the main roads. I am going to Lowes to buy a shovel and a rake tonight....seriously. With a good landscaping rake and a regular spade shovel you could do alot in a days work. Plus if you look at buggy tracks the obstacles are fairly small because you have to have a perfect line of sight at all times. So its not like I need to build a 6 foot high, and 30 foot long, table-top like at the BMX track...although looking back now it may have been the only 3 hour un-interupted run I will ever have there...sure was fun.
yah you can get yourself a ncie track very easily I think I'm the only person to call too other than yourself loL!! So todd did you read my post about the Mugen Athlete? LoL! I mean why not, let me try a 1/8 buggy for cheap thats still better than lower end RTR Ofnas haha!! How high do you think I should go on it Todd? Its a Full rolling chassis that needs a new bulkhead, and something else cheap, and the engine is need of rebuilt soon. so far its at 76$ with 2 sets of tires, onroad and a pair of off.I could PM you the ebay #
Old 04-09-2003, 11:17 PM
DSA.308

Let me ask you are parts available for it? I am not familiar with any buggys besides the XR works but Mugen seems nice. What year do you think it is manufactured?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:19 PM
caseyddr

Ive heard parts are still available for it by internet, but thats about it. Which is how I'd have to order them anyways... They are OLD dude like early 90's
Old 04-09-2003, 11:27 PM
DSA.308

That could be a BIG problem....think about if you broke a A arm and couldnt replace it??????
Old 04-09-2003, 11:30 PM
caseyddr

i'm sure i could find parts somewhere, and being an older model but not considered vintage it'd be cheap. I wouldn't be running that thing hard anyways, well actually I probably would if they are as fun as most ppl say.. lol but I'd defiantely be more careful with it. the reason i want to get aluminum all over the MP is so I can go jump it at our CEMENT skatepark before i get kicked out haha!! Once i took my 12L3 there for the velodrome and when i was done, brought it to the skatepark to watch a friend shread it up, well i had bout 4 skaters walk up to me at differnet times "so you race 12th scale". needless to say i was in shock.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:31 PM
DSA.308

did your monster pirate come with tthe white and green body and the chrome roll bar?
Old 04-09-2003, 11:33 PM
caseyddr

no, want me to post a pic of her here?
Old 04-10-2003, 01:32 AM
DSA.308

yea let me check it out!
Old 04-10-2003, 01:35 AM
caseyddr

Here is my new baby! Get it at end of next week This is what I sent you that PM about the body for. Which would you please consider or reply to it ^_^
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	69552_28430.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	40870  
Old 04-10-2003, 01:40 AM
DSA.308

You basically have a buggy then casey, all you need to do is get a extra set of buggy wheels! and maybe a buggy body! If you send me the body and paint I will do a paint job for free. You should get both a buggy body and a truck body.... I'll paint them both.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:43 AM
caseyddr

You basically have a buggy then casey, all you need to do is get a extra set of buggy wheels! and maybe a buggy body! If you send me the body and paint I will do a paint job for free. You should get both a buggy body and a truck body.... I'll paint them both.
maybe thats why these things cost so much new :O lol anyways, yah give me a week or so and ill get the stuff i want, color tone blabla, goign to die the white wheels hot pink so you can already guess 1 color probably get a nice white with it too, or silver, we will see. would a buggy body fit that though? i thought they were 1 pin in the front? What hex do the buggy tires use also?
Old 04-10-2003, 01:45 AM
DSA.308

Does a buggy body fit the MP with different body mounts? I bet it looks cool to have a truck body on though, and it handles like a buggy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.