Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 09:52 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 Buggy meets BMX track. Then APD tries to arrest us!.....

Here is the racetrack! The first one to tell me what the "golf balls" are in the background- will get a free lifetime membership to the track...

I will give one hint.....The "golf balls" enclose satalite dishes, that monitor among other things...ICBM'S. Where does the information that comes from these dishes get transfered to?

This track is within a mile of the highest tech statelite facility in the entire USA. NO LIE! I can watch F18- and F16- and F15's fly and do verticle take offs from my track. They do verticle take offs to limit the jet engine noise to the city which is CLOSE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	72619_17532.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	40876  
Old 04-21-2003, 11:41 PM
jbjustin33415

Not sure, do you even know what they are?
Old 04-21-2003, 11:58 PM
studysession

I do not understand? What race track?
Old 04-22-2003, 12:24 AM
DSA.308

Yes, of course I know what they are, how would I know when someone has the right answer if I didnt?

Give me a second and I will post just a picture of the track.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:27 AM
DSA.308

I guess I was so excited with the one angle I deleted the other pics. You will have to look at the two straightaways until I get a picture of just the track.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:30 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

i see the track todd dont worry!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:36 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i have two guesses on the golf balls

satellite radar things with covers on them or telescopes.

and i thought you were gonna put it secluded? lol
that looks like the side of the road ...is it a rarely used road?

you gonna use that drainage tubing that tracks use or just go with the free stuff like branches and stuff.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:15 AM
DSA.308

As everyone can see, admission if free for lifetime for everyone who want to drive up. The "golf balls" are simply covers for a satellite that is spinning around constantly inside the covers, they relay information to "NORAD" which is inside Cheyenne mountain in Colorado springs. NORAD is the eyes and ears of the entire USA and possibly much more. Norad monitors for all types of things including ICBM'S (intercontinental ballistic missile) Buckley airforce base is what you are seeing in the background. I have seen a show on Discovery channel about what all the information is used for that is gathered from the satellites, but alot of it is classified. I will get better picture of the track, just thought the backdrop was more interesting until the track is done.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:14 PM
petrolpixie

just watch out that the military doesnt bust you there or they might send some missiles ur way lol
Old 04-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Supremebeholder

My guess would've been somewhere around Buckley Air Force Base.

Where is this track? It appears to be east of Denver somewhere.

It would be nice to see a real track, since I just bash my rc10gt around our property, even though I have enough room to drive it. I might be able to make it up there a few times this summer.

I would also suggest trying to drive your car or building a track somewhere around where Stapleton used to be.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:20 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
As everyone can see, admission if free for lifetime for everyone who want to drive up. The "golf balls" are simply covers for a satellite that is spinning around constantly inside the covers, they relay information to "NORAD" which is inside Cheyenne mountain in Colorado springs. NORAD is the eyes and ears of the entire USA and possibly much more. Norad monitors for all types of things including ICBM'S (intercontinental ballistic missile) Buckley airforce base is what you are seeing in the background. I have seen a show on Discovery channel about what all the information is used for that is gathered from the satellites, but alot of it is classified. I will get better picture of the track, just thought the backdrop was more interesting until the track is done.
aargh, you answered it before I saw the post, I knew that one! I could have answered that one in my sleep

My dad spent nearly his entire career as an engineer at the various nuclear labs in new mexico (los alamos, sandia, alamogordo) so I'm pretty well-versed in the whole southwest US nuke issue.

You look like you are awfully close to those dishes, be careful that they don't come harass you about being out there. In Albuquerque (where I grew up) we used to ride our bikes up close to the fences that surround Kirtland AFB and the missle silos in the Manzano mountains just outside of town. I know we weren't the first, and certainly not the last to do so, but the MPs never found it amusing at all.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:27 AM
DSA.308

Yea, the "track" is practically on top of Buckley Airforce Base, however, it very well maybe the best protected 1/8 buggy "track" in the USA!

The "track" if you could call it that, is at Alameda ave. and Airport blvd. You go east on Alameda past Airport blvd. and take the second right out into a field on a paved road with absolutely nothing around. The "track" is just out in a field, take the picture for reference, it isnt hard to find, although there isnt or will there ever be a sign.....

When you look at the picture, the row of small pine trees is actually the base perimeter line, and Whisky yes you are right, the MP's dont have much of a sence of humor about climbing the fence where the F16 and satelites are...
Old 04-23-2003, 07:35 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
Yea, the "track" is practically on top of Buckley Airforce Base, however, it very well maybe the best protected 1/8 buggy "track" in the USA!
oh no doubt, NORAD is the top of the food chain as far as military presence is concerned. All of north america is protected by NORAD and the other facilities in the mountains there. I can gurantee that if you have spent much time there at all, they already know about you. Although I doubt they care about a guy building a track for RC buggies.

Hey Todd, I'm considering picking up an Inferno MP-6 for pretty cheap, and possibly a trade for my RC10GT. Should I even bother with the MP-6? It seems like a good chassis and there are still parts available for it...
Old 04-23-2003, 07:38 AM
DSA.308

I am not familiar much with any of the Kyosho buggys, but I would guess if you can get parts, and the chassis looks decent, I would go for it. I am selling almost all my other platform RC stuff for all 1/8 buggys. They are really that fun! No lie, and I have a 2,600 1/5th scale, thats for sale now. LOL
Old 04-29-2003, 12:58 AM
DSA.308

I guess someone found the track.....I went out to run the buggy and there was a half gallon container empty of 30% Nitro! Kinda cool someone else is running there now. If I can only talk them into bringing a shovel and just doing a little work each time they come, and we might have a track worth having.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:53 AM
caseyddr

to abd hes littering... anyways todd, wanna do something with that tamiya?
Old 04-29-2003, 05:44 AM
DSA.308

The 1/8 Tamiya TGR on-road?
Old 04-29-2003, 10:18 AM
caseyddr

yah
Old 04-30-2003, 12:25 AM
dan1220
My Feedback: (2)

way back on the 1st page, and before caseys 1000 post :surprised , you all were talking about the alchohol cleaning stuff. Does that hurt the engine, or anything for that matter? Is there anyplace on the car that you cant use it on?
Old 04-30-2003, 12:27 AM
studysession

Spray it anywhere on the car. I even use it cleaning the external pieces of the motor.