Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

**Official** RXT-1 Truggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
HardIce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **Official** RXT-1 Truggy thread

Still looking for the replacement Idle screw
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: HardIce

Still looking for the replacement Idle screw
John.....
I Think I found the Screw at my LHS.
Do you want me to Buy it and Send it to you if it indeed turns out to be the Correct one?
Cost should be less than $5.....

Here is a Link to the screw you need....
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/147529.asp
Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
kuppler

to late rich... alrdy hooked john up with this..

http://www.shengines.com/PTF/PT2802B-P3.pdf

and gave him the Hobby people site...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: kuppler

to late rich... alrdy hooked john up with this..

http://www.shengines.com/PTF/PT2802B-P3.pdf

and gave him the Hobby people site...
Yeah....but if you type that p/n into the Hobby People WEBSITE,,,,it says On BackOrder.......
I called the Hobby People LHS and they say they Have one in the Store.....
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
kuppler

if you look at the XTM right under the so called out of stock.. Same Part #... and XTM is SH...... same parts..

check this out.. and look rich..
http://www.hobbypeople.net/guru/hps_386655845.asp
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Redharris

Yeah...there's actually at Least 3 differnt SH Engines(mebbe 4) that SHOULD have that exact screw,,,,,,But you NEVER know till you GET it.....

I, on the other hand, have 3 of those engines and can take one of MY screws to Double Check.......

I wouldn't want John trying to use a screw that (for example) has a different thread Pitch.....

XXXXXX.....EDIT.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

]Adam.....

My Bad.......You are Correct....The Idle screws for all those Big Bocks are the Same......

Apologies to BK,,,,who Posted ALL this earlier......I am just going Blind in my old age!
[sm=49_49.gif]
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
HardIce

It's all good guys, got a confirmation of parts shipped out. But I gota say, sometimes it hurts being a newbee, and if it wasn't for you guys(Kuppler, Redharris, Sunny78) I dont know what I would have done, along with continueing to wait. It also hurts when these hobby shops and suppliers have you be the gonads, apart such as a idle screw being more then a buck, what the FU&K, my balls hurt
Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 PM
HardIce

Sweet got the parts today from hobby people.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:14 PM
HardIce

Adam, Rich, Rod, Eddie, who ever see's this first, What are the spec's for a good Steering servo for the RXT-1. (and in general)

Thanks
Old 04-24-2009, 08:18 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

John,

The quality and performance of a servo depend on the following

torque - rated in oz-in or Kg (appx 14 oz-in = 1 Kg) generally more torque is better, especially for steering, but higher torque often is more weight
speed - rated in sec/60deg - generally faster movement is better
*note that torque and speed are both rated at 4.8V and 6V - I look at 6V since that is what my vehicles run
gear material - choices are generally plastic (nylon) and metal - metal is more durable - HiTec also has "Karbonite" which I am not familiar with
ball bearings - they generally either have zero, one or two - more is better versus bushings
weight - in oz - lighter is better in that it is less weight on the vehicle and more speed, but sometimes heavier is necessary to get torque

You also need to be sure to get the right size - ours are standard size (versus micro/mini or large scale)
You can also get analog and digital - I have only used analog
You can also get them waterproof
You can also get 3 pole, 5 pole or coreless motors - 3 pole are typical and all I have used

The standard E9001 servo in the RXT is 125 oz-in of torque (which is high torque) and metal gears - I have never been able to find speed, ball bearing or weight specs, and I have not had mine apart or weighed it to know.

I have heard generally good comments about both Futaba and Hitec,a lthough maybe more for Hitec.

The closest Futaba equivalent is S3305 which is 124 oz-in, 0.20 sec/60deg (pretty common for that torque range), 2 ball bearings, meta; gears, 1.7 oz
The closest HiTec equivalent is HS645MG which is 133 oz-in, 0.20 sec/60deg, 2 ball bearings, metal gears, 1.94 oz

Here is a link to a [link=http://Futaba servo chart]http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/servo-application.html[/link] with ball bearing, gear material, motor type and waterproof info. Here is a link to a page of [link=http://Futaba servo data]http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/servos.html[/link] with torque, speed and weight info.

Here is a link to a [link=http://Hitec servo chart]http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_file/file/124/Servo_Chart.pdf[/link] with all the info.

I use Futaba, but that is mostly because my LHS has a better selection and prices on Futaba. I have to either heat up the stock servo horns to get them on or adapt the Futabas that come with the servos as the splines are different between the Himoto stock and the Futaba. I think I remember someone posting the servo spline info, and Hitec may have been a direct fit, but I do not remember.

I hope this helps. There are millions of choices it seems depending on what you want to spend. I have just looked for reasonably priced equivalents or slight upgrades.

BK
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 PM
HardIce

Thanks Brian, I do know that I would want Metal gearing for sure, and it would be nice to have quick responce as well, so that when I say turn it turns, The only thing is that I think that whatever choice I make is that it works well with my Spectrum Radio.(Unless I'm drinking my bathwater in needing it to be friendly with my Radio)
Old 04-24-2009, 09:28 PM
bkfamily1

I believe that basically any servo will work with your radio/receiver. I do not know much about digital servos, but I know my Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz (which I think is basically the same as the DX3.0 - and the 2.0 except for 3 vs 2 channels) can work with digital servos. There is a setting on mine that changes modes between PPM and HRS mode. I do not know what the real difference is, but I know I have to leave mine in PPM mode as HRS is only compatible with digital servos. I do not know if the Spektrum is the same way or not. Maybe Eddie, or one of the other guys with more experience can comment about that and about digital versus analog servos in general. If any of you guys know about 3 pole, 5 pole and coreless servos, I would be interested in that also.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just for bashing I would suggest the hitec 645mg...yeah you can get like the ace 1015 or the hitec 7955tg which are more torque and faster but are also around $100 ..u can buy 3 hitec 645mg's for that much
Old 04-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: firebird78

just for bashing I would suggest the hitec 645mg...yeah you can get like the ace 1015 or the hitec 7955tg which are more torque and faster but are also around $100 ..u can buy 3 hitec 645mg's for that much
John......
Randy's advice is Spot On! .....I Like Hitech Servos too......

I would TRY a Hitech 645mg and see if it Lasts in the Truggy (it Should be fine for Bashing)....

If you Kill it Quickly, then I would go to a Higher Torque Servo. Look for one that is around 170 - 200 0z in. [link=http://www.hitecrcd.com/servos/show?name=HS-985MG]LIKE THIS[/link].

Any MFG is Fine. Futaba, Hitech, JR, ACE, Orion,,,,as long at it is a Recognized Brand.....

Also,,,,You can run Digital or Analog with you Spektrum DX2.0.....
Analog will be cheaper.....and will work just Fine for what you have in Mind......And it will Match the Spektrum servos that came with your Radio....

*****Remember****
The thing that Kills Servos more than ANYTHING else is IMPROPER End Point Adjustments....So learn to set up your Radio correctly or you will be throwing your $$$ down the drain.......
Old 04-26-2009, 08:31 AM
bkfamily1

Yeah!!! Remember my RXT was wanting to run lean and not wanting to hold a tune? I had it out yesterday and figured out what was wrong. I removed the little hose barb from the fuel tank where the fuel line attaches. And the hole was not all the way through the tank! So the fuel flow was being choked off. One minute with an Xacto to open it up, and the problem was solved. It is running like a champ now, and once I got it tuned, I have not had to touch the needles. What a beast! I had the ramp out and was getting some fantastic jumps.

Oh, and the neighbors came over to say that they were really glad I have a 28 now. Apparently, the 15 in my Jato and the 18s in the MXB and Viper were too tame for them. But they are really enjoying the RXT, even when they are inside with the windows closed and the music on!

I was going to get some pics, but my wife took the camera with her to my older son's soccer tournament (out of town!). And I was going to get some video, but the camera battery was dead! I charged the video camera, and I am hoping to get some video today.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:21 PM
firebird78

only thing with the hitec 645mg is I think its a bit slower then the stock steering servo....I still have a stock steering servo on a torpeda and its working nicely...but going with what Rich said I do run a jr xs3 radio on it and have set my end point adjustments..
I have a jr xs3 radio on all my 1/8th's...I am curious to see how good this stock radio that came with my rxt is....granted I pulled it off the rxt and stuck it on my rapida...the thing I like about it is that it has all the adjustments I need so I'm going to use it...I'm hoping it is a dependable radio..
as far as the stock servos go I am thinking they will serve a basher rc well...and they are less expensive then the others I mentioned even the hitec....but I would suggest to anyone running a stock radio that does not have end point adjustments to get one that does..and I'm not saying you havta break the bank to get one...granted I am not sold on the stock himoto that came with my rxt yet but there are many aftermarket radios you can pick up for a lil bit of money...you do not havta have a spektrum or any other 2.4 ghz radio to have a dependable radio...in fact a good am or fm radio may serve you better then say the 2.4ghz radios...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
ehroof

I have to agree with you randy, i like our steering servo and run it on all my rc's, the 9001, its metal gear'd and pretty fast. I find it to be reliable too but the 645 is a good servo also.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:41 PM
bkfamily1

what after market size wheels and tires are comparable to the stocks on the rxt?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 AM
ehroof

pretty much any 17mm truggy rim/tire
Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
kuppler

got a few upgrades for the rxt-1.... here are some pics...

upgraded Back brace...

upgraded Front brace

Old 06-02-2009, 08:10 PM
ehroof

Nice bro
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
ehroof

some video from this past weekend:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSzG1sbUNM

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgYgZHRTLJg

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcdtrmGFjGY
Old 07-05-2009, 09:18 PM
bkfamily1

Had my center diff apart today, and took a couple pics of my spur (60T) and clutch bell (14T). Eddie, did you ever hear anything about these? Remember they did not match the spares I received when I ordered 86716 (was actually a 49T spur) and 86715 (was actually a 11T bell).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22612.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1230405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33777.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1230406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20540.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1230407  
Old 07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
ehroof

You have the new version, i have the old version, the older version has the elongated clutch bell, 10-11t, the newer version has a regular sized clutch bell. The older version is lower geared and the new version is more of a mid range setup.

If you want, you can return the parts and we will replace with the new ones or keep the setup and I will send you a 13 tooth clutch bell, its a nice setup and the one that i use, 13t bell and 49t spur.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:24 PM
bkfamily1

So the 60T spur and 14T bell are standard now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.