Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro Or Elec & why

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:05 PM
HJJFFFAA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Or Elec & why

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

Stupid is posting in a debate topic and not expecting a different point of view, is it not ?
^^^
Well if you want to talk about physic's buddy, brushless lipo in the air is faster for the response time, on 2.4gig radio.
On a nitro there is milli second latency between the reciever, and a milli second to the servo and a milli second through the throdle linkage, that adds up to a few milli seconds.
With electric, its a milli second between the reciever to ESC to engine, the speed of electricity is the physic's factor here, because the electric one is all electric function, the nitro one has a mechanical link, and a mechanical servo, that link and the servo latency can never compete with the speed of electricity , and electric is faster.
lve jump these things [cars/trucks] for decades, it is far easier to correct a brushless lipo in the air [ both machines equal with no centre diff ] , and, you can correct it later in the jump , right at the end even, the trick is not being a ''lead finger'' so to speak, and being gentle.Not to mention the tricks you can do with lipo in the air.
This has nothing to do with the machine as a whole which is what REALLY matters.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:18 PM
ugglasdav

i prefare nitro, its much more exciting than electric and even though i have had electric i still prefare nitro
Old 01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

This has nothing to do with the machine as a whole which is what REALLY matters.

You call me stupid and it appears you cant read, that post is all about the cars you funny bugger......
This topic is based on peoples opinions, thats what REALLY matters here.

Supertib , you wanna race on a track, borrrrring, bring it out to an open rough paddock, l would love to race you ina 200 metre stretch, see if your nitro truggy can beat my LIPO assosiated truggy, l will blow you away, like all the other nitro truggies that have tried.......
As for the comments about the centre diff, well figures you dont drive without em, they make driving easier, not harder, ppfftt, whatever dude.
And anytime you want to proove me wrong about the responce time of electricity to a nitro mechanical set up GOFORIT. hahaha.

You might be all that at your track, but out here in the ordinary people world, where the driving area is bigger than a 30 metre track you just another average joe digger.
No average joe has beaten the lipo machines.
Also you assume everything l own or driveis a revo.zzzzztttttttt
l own more truggies than revo's supertib.whada ya know ay.
Truggies are pretty much totally predictable in the air, sheesh how hard is that, hahaha.
Yea my assosiated eats the revo over the paddock with the same lipos. Its lighter and has a centre diff. Your nitro one wont beat it though, your dreaming if you thing a nitro can compete with a LIPO over such a distance.
And as for RTR bar fuel or batteries, a LIPOmachine will KILL a rtr nitro with 2x 30$ batteries.
For rtr nitro to compete with the raw top end speed of rtr electric, lipo it needs some big mods.

Anyways supertib, dont be getting upset and narky, we never agree, hahaha, sif it matters, some will agree with you, some with me, HHJJFFFAA was talking science and response time,and calling me retarded and the like, l'd like to see anyone proove the response time on the nitro machine to be faster than the responce time of electrical,
because at full throdle, the nitro one has even more latency, thats a fact, because it takes longer for the servo to move to its full distance, than an electrical chip to go full voltage in a millisecond. PROVEMEWRONGGUYS. The electrical cars have a faster response time, you may not be skilled enough to use it, but they are faster to respond.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Access

Anyways supertib, dont be getting upset and narky, we never agree, hahaha, sif it matters, some will agree with you, some with me, HHJJFFFAA was talking science and response time, and calling me retarded and the like, l'd like to see anyone proove the response time on the nitro machine to be faster than the responce time of electrical,
because at full throdle, the nitro one has even more latency, thats a fact, because it takes longer for the servo to move to its full distance, than an electrical chip to go full voltage in a millisecond. PROVE ME WRONG GUYS. The electrical cars have a faster response time, you may not be skilled enough to use it, but they are faster to respond.
This is actually one of those 'it depends' things, not every electric single electric out there is always going to have more power than a given nitro. Granted for a given nitro I can always build or set up an electric to accelerate with more power. But if I were to go to a given track, with a nitro, I might still be able to find a few electrics that I could out-accelerate for whatever reason.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:04 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we have sort of narrowed it down to brushless lipo mate RTR, + batteries, to a top entry truggy nitro truggy + fuel.
This is what we were'  talking, comparing.
If your talking about a tamia frog or the like, with the mechanical electrical speed controller, then l totally agree that the nitro one has a faster response time.
If your pitting an ESC from a truggy or MT of high ampage, which they come with RTR, against a nitro of the same company, the electric one has the faster response time.
To explain why the brushless is even better, the response time is faster for one, the brushless motor has a better response tima also, the electric bruchless motor has more torque right through the rev band, meaning if l need the machine to go to full rev to land properly, the electric brushless will hit top rev way way way faster, in the air, and any delay, when in the air  no matter the cause , is  all classed as latency.
You cannot recover a nitro as late in a jump as a brushless if the machine is inverted.l know this through damage to my machines trying !
Mine are all on 2.4 gig except the baja HPI which is on FM. Baja's seem to interferr with AM stuff from my experience, even 2.4gig.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 PM
HJJFFFAA

HHJJFFFAA was talking science and response time and calling me retarded and the like
I never said anything about response time. I was talking about the effects of the weight and torque that electrics have over nitros.
l'd like to see anyone proove the response time on the nitro machine to be faster than the responce time of electrical
No one said anything about response.
because at full throdle, the nitro one has even more latency, thats a fact, because it takes longer for the servo to move to its full distance
Okay.
than an electrical chip to go full voltage in a millisecond.
Ha, you said chip. You obviously have no idea how an ESC works. For an electric fanboy you sure know very little about what you love so much.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:12 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Ugh close this thread already. The Kiwi is e-raging and needs to take his medicine.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:17 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright, It's gone to the dogs. Apparently some users can't be civil.

Locked.