Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Old 06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
scyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Or anyone else for that matter ! Just wanted him to see that as I know he was looking for one earlier... Let me know here, think I found a pretty special deal...

Scy
Old 06-28-2005, 06:40 PM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

really where
Old 06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Default RE: Speedmunkey, are you still looking for a Spektrum DX3 full system ??

Nope, I decided against it due to my class going to crap and the questionable future of my racing. Sux =(
Old 06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
losiracer753
My Feedback: (1)

im still interested
Old 06-28-2005, 08:49 PM
scyan

ok, you guys do what you wish with that link...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76433

If I had the money, I would definitly do it !

Scy
Old 06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

My price was actually going to be better than that =) My track owner was gonna gimme one @ cost just to get people talking about them. Talking = buying eventually.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:04 PM
SirAIGman
My Feedback: (2)

i would still do it, because its a nice radio and hopefully you wouldnt EVER have to worry about intereferance(sp?) and glitching.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Indeed it is, but when your race day consists of going fishing cuz no one shows up to race against, the best radio on the planet is still wasted money..
Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

hey speed mabey they don't race against u... cause they know there gonna lose even if they try. cause ur jus so good?... like y try when u know ur gonna lose?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 PM
SirAIGman

yeah, speed if anyone does show up, make it look like its HARD. lol, you are pobly stone cold when it comes to racing and dont even flinch. you are probly 'the man' at your track. hah
Old 06-28-2005, 09:26 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

i would still do it, because its a nice radio and hopefully you wouldnt EVER have to worry about intereferance(sp?) and glitching.
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't cordless phones give interferance because most of them run on 2.4 gHz...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

2.4ghz devices cannot generate and won't accept interference. They're smart, in that when they go online, they look for an open channel in the 2.4ghz band. If one isn't available, they stay offline till one opens up. That, in turn, means that a newly turned on one will never get on your channel. That's why 2.4ghz is the future.

And no guys, it's not that. I don't win every week, in fact, I've only won once this year. The rest though, are 2nd place. So I'm consistent at least lol The flinching thing is about accurate though. Racing is serious business for me.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
SirAIGman

yes, thats true, but i would think most cordless phones 'rays' or whatever you want to call them, would get stopped at the insulation of the house wall...saying as i dont think most people use their phone outside...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

nope, they'd pass right through. It's a wave btw. Sound travels in waves. Light, on the other hand travels in rays AND waves. I've even read some data that indicates light can travel in PARTICLES too. Hard to say for sure though. Rays and waves have been proven, particles haven't that I'm aware of..

little science geek sidetrack here.. Did you know that MIT, I think, managed to capture and "Freeze" a laser beam? They developed a gel matrix that can capture and "hold" a laser beam in place indefinitely... Kinda like shining a flashlight through Jello, and it stays lit after you turn the light off.. Imagine the power storage possibilities that represents? Forget lipo, make mine laser powered!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:50 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

whoa, spped thats gettin crazy,

u know what whould be real nice, if they could harness the power from lightning bolts, and use them 2 power citys and towns
Old 06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Speedmunkey
Banned

How does a lightning bolt differ from a laser beam? Both are supercharged particles (hmm?) of light.. If they can grab a laser beam, they could grab a lightning bolt.. The problem comes from releasing it. The report I read said they were still trying to figure out how to let it go with control. It's friggin light, it moves kinda fast..
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Jagboy

Sorry to bring up a conflict w/ ya speed, but either not all phones are smart or mine's just dumb because in my wireless internet (2.4ghz) network kinda kicks people off when someone turns on the phone.

JB

PS. Can you get me a link to something online about that gel? thats pretty crazy
Old 06-29-2005, 12:58 AM
EVADERCHAOS

That is a sweet lil radio there. And speed that is some insane lightcapturing stuff there man! BTW wouldnt light need to be in particle form in order to capture it? Because unless the gel was dense enough wouldnt it just pass through it? That link would be nice...
Old 06-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Revs

Maybe its time to take up a diffrent class for a short while SM, i mean all those others that left still have there kit sat around they will soon be back, why not just enter into a diffrent class for a bit and then sell of the new kit when intrest returns and go back to what you do best?

Regards

Tom
Old 06-29-2005, 03:50 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

How does a lightning bolt differ from a laser beam? Both are supercharged particles (hmm?) of light.. If they can grab a laser beam, they could grab a lightning bolt.. The problem comes from releasing it. The report I read said they were still trying to figure out how to let it go with control. It's friggin light, it moves kinda fast..
just outta curiosity, where'd you read that?
Light is energy, btw...and you can't have energy transfer without a medium (i.e. matter), so how would you have light WITHOUT it being particulate?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Speedmunkey
Banned

Revs, the only option is a nitro class, and for me, that isn't an option.

I wish I had the link guys. I read about the gel thing 3-4 years ago. Sadly, I didn't save it =\ I'll try to find it.

T-Bird, you are correct, which is why I put the (hmm?) in there. I've always read that light is either a ray or a wave, but no one ever really mentions it as a particle.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:42 AM
45mph pede
Banned

2.4ghz devices cannot generate and won't accept interference. They're smart, in that when they go online, they look for an open channel in the 2.4ghz band. If one isn't available, they stay offline till one opens up. That, in turn, means that a newly turned on one will never get on your channel. That's why 2.4ghz is the future.
Thats what my wireless 'wi-fi' router works on... wonder if there on like the same kinda new system... If so I can pick up signals from my router across the street and its down here in my basement. Thats got to be awsome for r/c!
-Wes
Old 06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
EVADERCHAOS

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: Speedmunkey

just outta curiosity, where'd you read that?
Light is energy, btw...and you can't have energy transfer without a medium (i.e. matter), so how would you have light WITHOUT it being particulate?

Is that not what i said??[>:]
Old 06-29-2005, 02:42 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: EVADERCHAOS

Is that not what i said??[>:]
beats me, no idea.
I didn't see your post:P
btw 45, yes, that is the same system your crappy wireless router operates on.
now be a man and get a WIRED router
Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 PM
scyan

WIRELESS = VERY CONVENIENT
WIRED = VERY RELIABLE

PERIOD.

Scy = Network admin...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.