Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nomadio React 2.4GHz Radio

Never took any of my packs apart but I think you are correct.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM
ophirw

I am looking to upgrade my TX for my 2 1/5 scale trucks from the standard simple FM TX I have.
I know that I will defiantly buy a 2.4Ghz but as to all the other specs i am very much confused.

I really like the idea of the real time telemetry the Nomadio React & Sensor TX have. can any body give me a perspective at where this TX stand in comparison to the rest of the options out there today? are they any other TX with real time telemetry except the Nomadio & Spektrum? or that are smellier in functionality?
i have read a few threads about them but they tend to stop at the end of 2007.

the Nomadio TX have also a USB connection to the computer that enables it to download SW updates from the company + it comes with a program that enables you to do all the adjustments from the computer, is there any othe TX that has this function?

the only problem i read the Nomadio React has is a feeling that it is made of cheap plastic, does anybody that uses it can tell me if it only feels cheap or does it actually tend to brake?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
46u

I love my React but would not recommend anyone buying one. It is all most impossible to get extra receivers and any of there sensors. There support is poor to say the least. I had been waiting months to get another receiver finally a VERY limited supply was made so I bought one. It was bad out of the box and Nomadio wanted me to pay shipping to them. Like I said BAD OUT OUT OF THE BOX. So the place I bought it from sent a call tag and I sent it back. Of coarse buy the time they got it they where out of stock again and still are. No telling when any more will be available if ever. What good is a good radio if you cannot get extra receivers and such.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:00 PM
NitroVette

DO NOT BUY A NOMADIO ! They are cheap and they obviously don't care about their customers. If you want a radio that will not leave you with buyer's remorse buy a Futaba. The 3PKS 2.4g is still the best radio for the money. If you run 1/5 you may want to consider the 4PK as it has four channels and is a ground up 2.4g platform.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
46u

Futaba is a good radio now all they need to do is get on the band wagon and up date there features like other radio companies have incorporating many of the features Noamdio came out with first.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
ophirw

it is very hard for me to decide since no radio can offer what the react can. the Futaba radios are light years away with their features & the 4PK is double the price.
what i really liked about the react is the ability to program it through the computer & get SW updates & fixes by the internet.

i read a lot of forums & it seems as if since 2007 Nomadio sells ppl disappeared from the net.

i am wondering how reliable their equipment is? is there anybody that had the TX or RX die, brake or glitch (except you 46u, i havnt read any other cases like yours & it could happen with all companies)?

is the low customer service is only dew to lac of available products or does the support don't reply & help?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
bentgear

Grat radio, just don't buy it thinking you will get software upgrades off the web on a timely basis, that you will be able to get extra receivers when you want, or that you will ever be able to buy some of the telemetry options. Other than that its a good radio. Almost forgot that you will need to unplug the battery when you are not going to use it for a couple of days because there is a constant drain on the battery if left plugged in.

Ed M.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:08 PM
46u

There has not been any software up dates in a LONG TIME well over a year and a half! Nomadio is not real big on there hobby products as they have so many government contracts. Just hope they do better with support to there government contracts then they do the hobbyist or we are in real trouble!!!!!!!!!!

I had many problems with my TX when I first got it and had to send it back 3 times before I got to use it more then a couple weeks at a time. Matter of fact it broke while setting it up the first time with out even running any thing. Do you even have a place that has the React in stock?

Before I bought my React I did a lot of talking to Nomadio representatives where they told me they where going to come out with a mini RX (which never happen and probably will not) how supplies like RX and sensors would never be a problem and all I can say it has all been BS!!!!!!!!!!! Just check through this thread and you will see that most promises they made where just that BS!

After the warranty is over if you have a problem with it more then likely they will tell you that you have to buy a new one and repair is not possible.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
RCtruckRacer

I just got an email from Amain... the react, as well as individual receivers are back in stock. Thought some of you might want to know.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 PM
46u

Thanks for the heads up and I got the same email. Now I have to wonder if I order one if it will be dead out of the box like the last one I got when A Main had them in stock last time.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
klockerzceo

DOES ANY ONE ON HERE HAPPEN TO HAVE A REACT WHICH HAS A GOOD CIRCUIT BOARD BUT OTHER FAULTY PARTS I AM LOOKING FOR A CIRCUIT BOARD FOR ONE WHICH GOT BURNT STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX( MY AUNT PLUGED IT WRONGLY TO CHARGE). I HAVE ANOTHER REACT BUT WOULD LIKE TO REAPIR THE FIRST ONE ALSO.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 PM
46u

Sorry do not try and read or reply to post that are all in capital letters. Just to hard on my old eyes.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 PM
klockerzceo

my bad guys i somehow forgot to take the caps off the key board but if there is anyone on this thread that may have or know where i can find a circuit board for a react that is not faulty i would appreciate a response once again sorry for the first post in CAPS my bad.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:09 PM
KyoshoFTW

what happened to the original poster? did he dissappear? kinda makes me iffy about buying a radio [&o]
Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: robertbell6

what happened to the original poster? did he dissappear? kinda makes me iffy about buying a radio [&o]
Just like all the Nomaido representatives and there support gone with the wind. If I had a dollar for all the promises made to me by these unrepresentative that where broken I could buy a new radio![X(] I really like my React even with all the problems I had with it. But would not recommend one to any one do to the poor support the long waits in between the availability of RX and sensors.[:@]
Old 02-13-2009, 10:38 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: robertbell6

He was kidnapped, and is being held on 100,000 dollar ransom.........HA.....j/k
Old 03-01-2009, 04:56 PM
ophirw

So, after lots of thinking & reading in forums I have decided to buy the Nomadio React with the telemetry sensors for my two 1/5 scale trucks. I know that in the past year or so their customer service was crap but hopefully I wouldn't need it & I really hope they will be back in the market after completing some of their government contracts (as they claim in their forum).

the thing is that just none of the other radios out there come even close to this radio & this is after the radio system has been in the market for more than 4 years (I would have thought that not only Spektrum will try to copy the specs).

Well, as was posted here the Nomadio system is not that broadly available. I managed to find all of what I needed at DDM (www.davesmotors.com, it was the cheapest as well) except for the Temperature sensors. It looks like the temp sensors are the most wanted & the voltage sensors are the least (only electric cars need them). It took some Google searching to find a store that has the temp sensors but I did get two for a reasonable price (www.modeltech.co.uk).
The only thing I could not find was the transceiver & sensors package.

What I bought is:
React system
extra tranceiver
2 tach sensors
2 temp sensors
aluminum case

It is on the way to me, I am so exited & am really waiting for it

This is a big jump from the simple 2 channel FM radio that came with the trucks. The reason I have decided to get a new radio is the constant range problems & stupid people turning on their radio with my frequency without checking & even once on purpose.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
46u

A Main Hobbies prices are cheaper and I know they have the system and RX in stock. If you look on DDM they are out of the tach sensors and temp sensors. Or at least that is what is posted on there site. DDM price on RX $99 A Main Hobbies $84.99.

Like I said I like my React but RX and Sensors are hard to find with out paying a premium price. Hope you do not have the luck I had as I had to send my TX back 3 times in the first 3 months right after getting it. Do not use the charging jack on the TX as if the voltage while charging goes over 6 volts it will fry the main board. All so make sure you do not hook up the battery wrong or it will fry the main board.

Got a new new RX a few months ago and it was bad out of the box. [:@] Keep us posted on how it goes and I wish you the best of luck.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:35 PM
HJJFFFAA

Sad how this radio seems like such a good deal and how it has all these innovative features yet crappy support and quality control.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 PM
46u

I did not even get to use my new React before it broke. I was setting up everything and the steering wheel return spring broke. I sent it back and after getting it back at a improtant point race during the main the spring broke again. I sent it back and told them to send me a new radio which they did. Then about a month later the main board fried. The first 2 or 3 months I owned my React Nomaido and the post office had it more then I did. [X(]

When ever I go to a race I take my old Spectrum DX3 and a RX just for a piece of mind.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:00 PM
ophirw

46u:
At 1st it looks like A Main are cheaper but DDM gives a 5% discount on the web price + free shipping. So the bottom line is that DDM is cheaper.

As for the tach sensors I guess I got the last ones since my order was confirmed & shipped out & as I said before finding the temp sensors was hard!
In the past month I have check ebay & there are Noamdio parts for sell there all the time so I hope it will help with availability in dry times.

If I get fed up with the system or service I can always sell it, they go for a high price as 2nd hand.
Hopefully DDM will be able to help me with service problems (contacting Nomadio), I have some experience with them & their service is really good

Whichever way it goes I will keep you posted once I get the system (March 13th).
Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 PM
46u

About a month ago I got a new temperature sensor off ebay still in the factory pack shipped for $18. I do hope you have better luck then I did!!! All so get a better battery when you can. I am sure it is only a matter of time before other radio manufactures offer radios with as many features as the React and if Nomadio does not get it together there hobby line will be gone.

Just hope they do better with there military contracts if not we are in trouble.

Did not realize DDM offers free shipping out of the states and yes I know about there 5% discount.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 AM
ophirw

46u, thanks for all the tips, I will need them.
So far I know I need a better battery pack, not to use the charging jack & to make sure battery is plugged in correctly.
Is it ok to us the USB charging jack or should I charge the pack separately?
I will really appreciate any more advise you or anyone else has for this radio.

I also got one of my Tach sensors off ebay for 14$ (new & including shipping) but that was just luck. Most of them are used & are sold for more.
DDM don’t have international free shipping. It was shipped to a friend in the US that is coming to visit me & he will bring it with him. In general DDM have very cheap shipping rates for example their international shipping rate is cheaper than largescalerc.com national shipping.
I never really checked Amain’s shipping rates but I have good experience with DDM + I needed extra parts from them so that is why I chose to buy from them.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
46u

I never used the USB port for charging as I heard it takes a LONG time. Yes DDM is a very good place to deal with matter of fact I just got an order from them today. I all so got my HPI Baja 5B from them. I have all so dealt with A Main Hobbies and have nothing but good to say about them as well.

They do have free shipping on most but not all items. Matter of fact the last Nomadio RX I bought that was bad out of the box and Nomadio would not pay the shipping to them to look at A Main paid the shipping back to them and gave me a speedy refund to my credit card.

Make sure when you get your React check to see if it has the latest software which is about 1 1/2 years old. I had to up date mine when I got it. The React does not come with a manual but when you down load the desk top and register your system you will be able to review the manual and is in the download. The manual is like 115 pages or so.

If I can help let me know.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

I have had a Nomadio react for about 2 years and have not had a bit of trouble with it. Tons of features, failsafe works great, having telemetry is awesome!, and the PC software works very well (even on vista).

Mind you, the new spektrum radio does all of the same stuff too, friend of mine has one, but the nomadio seems to have almost twice the range of the DX3R.

My only beefs are that the radio doesn't have a backlit screen, and the recievers are massive, especially for 1/18s...

I hear that you can bind the radio to a spectrum mini reciever, but haven't tried yet.

Just thought I'd chime in with my 2c.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.