Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Big problem

Old 04-02-2005, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big problem

I recently built a Yokomo D1 Silva car. now I have notice when i turn the both back wheels forward, both front wheels turn backwards. As far I can tell I built it right using the manual. So what went wrong.

Also my ESC makes a long beeping sound when I apply throttle and only after 2 minutes with the ESC on and the wires are hot and so is the Heat sink. Is this normal.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:57 PM

Default RE: Big problem

The only way you can get the double rotation is from your differentials, you need to check your entire drivetrain to ensure nothing is backwards or missing. For the ESC, did you have to solder anything together? If you did, check to make sure everything went where it's supposed to. ESC's do get hot under normal use, but in the event of smoke or a burning smell discontinue use immediately and disconnect all power sources to try and prevent destroying the components inside. If all else fails, call Yokomo and tell them your cituation.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:09 PM

Is the D1 shaft or belt drive?? If it is belt drive and has ball diffs the only way I see it could turn the front bacwards is if the belt has a twist in it before it gets to the front diff. You know the top of the belt is going to the bottom of the diff no the top like it should.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:39 PM

It's el'shaft'o.