Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

HOW DO YOU DRIFT WITH JUST 2WDRIVE?????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

HOW DO YOU DRIFT WITH JUST 2WDRIVE?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:58 PM
dracohowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW DO YOU DRIFT WITH JUST 2WDRIVE?????

i knew rwd wouldn't drift i just wanted to try anyways
Old 06-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Auslide
Banned

The Only way I think a RWD RC Would Drift and Drift Connection is to Have a Servo with a Weighted Object on It..

So when the Car Turns , this Weight would Kick the Tail Out, and when Steering Straight would Return to a Nuetral Posistion..

Best advice I can offer on a $ per $ Basis.

An AWD Chassis.. Isolate 1:1 Scale drift thoughts from the 1:10 or 1:5 Scale thoughts
A Front Engined RC car with Rear Wheel Drive would Still need some major tuning to drift correctly and would cost a forutne to set up..
Old 06-22-2006, 03:55 PM
2WDrifter

im giving up RWD drifting. ill wait till i have $300 then ill get a tc3 RTR 4WD. From now on, my RWD car is to be used for grip racing. Im giong through making it look cooler by giving it new paint and LEDs
Old 06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
FeintMotion
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 2WDrifter

im giving up RWD drifting. ill wait till i have $300 then ill get a tc3 RTR 4WD. From now on, my RWD car is to be used for grip racing. Im giong through making it look cooler by giving it new paint and LEDs
Grip? What kinda chassis is it?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:08 PM
color0

he said it's a new bright.

why give up RWD drift though? you have a car that's about 5 times the size of my MR02, it should be reasonably easy to drift consistently. if i can do this with a 1/28, no reason why you can't with a 1/6.

besides... stiff upper lip!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
ROYjovero
Banned

BUY MY YOKOMO!!! $80 on eBay! You'll need all electronics except for the ESC though.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:05 PM
studysession

Seems like a lot of people are so sceptical on 2wd drifting. I think with the right setup, it might be possible. Would love to give it a try but I do not have any 2wd chassis.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Neon_guy

If you get a RWD car, make sure it's 1:1. Then it'll drift no problem.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 PM
2WDrifter

i have a LOW QUALITY CAR. anyway, ive already broken the controller, so it wont drive. im waiting for DDD's t spec. if i dont get that, ill wait till the time i visit china. the stuff there is less expensive
Old 07-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Spartan-Drifter
Banned

more grip on the front would actually keep it from drifting so much. AND ROY PLEEEASE CUT HIM SOME SLACK. I want to see the end of this. cuz Im pretty good with 2wd as well. I bet it Will be a success with PRACTICE. 2WD DRIFTER, sometimes you cant let the experts tell you what to do. listen to Me on this. if you want to be noticed(MAYBE NOT BY THESE FOLK SINCE THEY FLAME ON EVERY DAMN THANG) and have proof, just do it. Folk dont know what the hell an experiment is. TRUST ME..... YOU CAN AND YOU WILL DO THIS and IF YOU HAVE ANY Q's that you dont want flaming from. PM me. and for the rest of you..... If you dont like his idea of 2wd drifting the hell with you all. Stay away then[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Neon_guy

Nobody said he COULDN'T do it...wait. Maybe somebody did say that. I know the general consensus was that it wasn't worth the trouble unless he just wanted to experiment, though. I know that's how I felt about it. It's like shoving a Titan V8 into a Civic Hatch. Sure, it'd be cool, but you just shove a H22 with about 22lbs of boost and achieve the same outcome for A LOT less. Same concept. But, I think we'd all like to see him pull it off. Then, we can have a Kaido Battle.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Spartan-Drifter
Banned

Yea I just dont like the ones that come in and flame about it cuz they love 4wd for example:"only 4wd can drift...blahblahblah". they are the ones I target for that post. but thx anyway. BTW I Would love to experiment with it
Old 07-17-2006, 06:10 PM
color0

2WD drifting is an excellent throttle exercise for the races. And that's my 2 cents. I watched a Swiss (or was it Swedish?) Mini-Z championship, everyone there drove with some kind of slip angle, it was quite insane. In the video closeups, these guys are going around the bends, but the steering wheels face forward, i.e. the rear is doing the turning. I want a piece of that skill, and meanwhile, have a little fun and try challenging the AWD drifters.

At the very least, your reflexes will improve very quickly.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:34 PM
hands without shadows

Lol, or 2:1.

ORIGINAL: Neon_guy

If you get a RWD car, make sure it's 1:1. Then it'll drift no problem.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 PM
grunho

my opinion is this subject is. 1:1 scale 4wd can drift (hardly because when entering a curve you slide with the rear and control with the front but if the front starts pulling it will stop the drift, unless the car balances the amount of traction between the front and the rear) so in 1:10 it would be the same but the engine its in the middle instead of being in the front so it changes the whole theory, i have an awd car but iĀ“ve taken the front shaft so now its a rwd. how i do to drift ? simple imagine a left turn i turn the wheels a bit to the right then full to the left apply a little of brake (disc brake) then i control the drift turning more or less to the right. So i dont know really how but i drift in a 1:10 car has i drift in a 1:1 (the 1:10 has an 911 Turbo shell) and the 1:1 that i drift is an nissan 350z and its rwd but its just my opinion
Old 07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Auslide
Banned

If he wants to pursue the Holy Grail of RC Drift then go for it..
I wish you all the Best but What WE are Saying is..

BUYING A AWD Chassis Will Achieve the same Goal with less money and Better results.. Thats the Sum of it..

You have to Seperate 1:1 Scale and 1:10th scale Drift apart from each other.
in 1:10th Scale it is Very Hard to Achieve the Weight Balance and power needed to Do a RWD only Drifter..

AWD is a much Better platform in 1:10th Scale to drift with .. Why .. BECAUSE IT IS A PROVEN FORMULA!!

2wdrifter can pursue the Holy Grail of RC Drift that he so desires but the RC Drift Pro's on here are just Saying that Although the Goal is admirable and very good goal to achieve, without a Large Budget and an aweful lot of trial and error, the results of his attempts will be less then spectacular..

We are not hear to discourage him or flame him but based on the Knowledge we have, and the Scale he is dealing with , the end result will not be as good as an AWD Chassis and PVC Tyres.

It may Be able to pull some nice tail outs but to properly drift, it will need to be able to not only Tail out but to Hold the Taiil out and Connect with an opposite Drift..

There is Drift Cornering, which Racers Use, then their is Show Drift , which WE use.. This is the art of Taking a Corner Sideways and Holding that slide whilst moving sideways in a Forward motion in a Straight line...

I would buy a TT-01 and Pull the Front Wheel Hex clips out and when you want to slide with the Pro's you can..

Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
2WDrifter

i just got a nikko and at first it sucked. but now i increased the steering throw, and i can sort of drift it. every now and then, i can link the drifts. you just have to let off the throttle when your car spins and countersteer. then add throttle again. most of the time i spin out though

this thing came with drift tires. no idea why. (DOESNT NIKKO KNOW THAT DRIFTING A RC CAR IS EASIER WHEN ITS AWD???????[:@])
Old 07-18-2006, 01:00 PM
grunho

Dude are you serious ??? with a nikko ?? alright if you say so
Old 07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
2WDrifter

yeah. serious[X(]

im going to get an xmod for drifting though
Old 07-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Auslide
Banned

Nikko have Just released a Shaft Driven AWD .. It will slide but if anything Breaks, its a Throw away..Like a Drift King
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Spartan-Drifter
Banned

Uhh yea. But I also drifted a 1/10 2wd car
Old 07-19-2006, 07:35 AM
grunho

i went to nikko website and for the cars iĀ“ve seen, i must ask you guys, does the cars worth anything ???honestly 2WDrifter if you want to drift nicely buy an traxxas 4Tec or the nitro 4Tec visit HPIracing.com they have nice cars to, like the Stage D (nitro) or the Sprint 2(eletric) , i think all are 4wd (at least the traxxas and the sprint 2 iĀ“m sure) but if you want to drift with 2wd you just take the front (or the back )belt and there ya go.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Auslide
Banned

TT-01..

It is simpley the Easiest and Best way to get Sliding..
Its Shaft Driven so no problems with Belts snapping like the 4-Tec or Sprint2.

and Cheap with oodles of aftermarket support and can be Raced and Drifted with a Simple Tyre Change
Old 07-19-2006, 07:50 AM
grunho

yep but the Stage D is also shaft driven i donĀ“t know why but it seems to me that you guys donĀ“t like nitro very much. am i right ?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:39 AM
skidooguymxz550

theres nothing wrong with nitro but i'm not sure it's the best suggestion for 2wdrifter. he doesn't even buy hobby grade electric so...... nitro may be out of his league

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.