Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

POST A PIC OF YOUR DRIFTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

POST A PIC OF YOUR DRIFTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
moezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POST A PIC OF YOUR DRIFTER THREAD!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Jackedman

ORIGINAL: rasper

well...if its this shell, the widebody, id put it on a nitro, but the ''normal'' shape must go on an electric chassis.......its just concourse material
i think its the 200 mm body if so i can run bigger off set rims
my bmw body is 200mm the only thing that made it fit good was the wide tires i put on lol
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
RCPITBULL

Old 04-04-2011, 02:17 AM
kstmRYD

ORIGINAL: moezer

ORIGINAL: rasper

I am in no way a BMW or a ''new'' skyline fan, but i must say....these two looks pretty damm good IMO........
As for kstmRYD's 350Z.......Dude....my B-day is soon....and shipping aint that much!!!
hahaha that 350 is a good how much it cost him i wonder or did he paint it him self.

Thanks for the complements, I painted it myself, shell comes clear, the actual paint scheme for this body is white with a bunch of red decaling but the colors I splashed on are my team colors so I have to paint all my team shells with these colors. The shell cost around $58.00 my LHS was able to get it, which is a rarity so I didn't have to pay for shipping but even if I had to fork out 10-15 bucks for shipping it's well worth it to me, Yok shells are nice and thick and hold up to a lot of abuse, I don't buy any other brand shells because they crack easily under the usage I give them.

Heres where I usually buy them: http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.c...roducts_id=775
Old 04-04-2011, 02:49 AM
SIRCC

Acouple of guys and myself were having some fun yeterday at the beach!

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Old 04-06-2011, 04:56 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is my 2 Drifters, Both are HPI E10's One is finished & im still working on the other.
The black AE86 is brushless with to many upgrades to list
here is a few pics

Any questions PM me
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
RC Flight

Here is my RWD drifter

Yes it does drift.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvgWlBR5E7c[/youtube]
Old 04-06-2011, 11:15 PM
moezer

were do you guys get those muffler tips?
Old 04-07-2011, 07:47 AM
RC Flight

ORIGINAL: moezer

were do you guys get those muffler tips?
My exhaust is more of a straight pipe look. I simply cut the end off an aluminum tube.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:09 AM
icedude1989

easiest option, go on ebay and put rc car accessories. otherwise all the other rc sites have one kit or another. if u wanna do it yourself, get a AAA battery, take the top off, empty it, make sure its really empty, clean it and double clean it. make sure u get none of the stuff inside on yourself cos that is all alkaline or acid, depends what kinda battery u got. then cut the necessary length, stick it onto something and onto the car. if u want to go crazy, get urself a lighter and 'burn' the edge so it  changes color and looks like its had heat coming out of it like real pipes.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
BlueShade Zero

no offense, i could think of a dozen things that are a better idea then cutting open a battery... Just sayin...
Old 04-07-2011, 02:38 PM
icedude1989

heard loads of people that do it like that. can always do like rc flight said and get some alu tube. just saying the AAA batt is a real good size. can always find alternatives dude
Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
moezer

lol thanks guys will try it out when i get some time.

Working on a tamiya CR01 project
Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 AM
rasper

Damm there are nice shells in this thread..............
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Jackedman
My Feedback: (2)

I've gotta post some pics I've been talking and I haven't even posted a pic or two
Old 04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
kstmRYD

@ phmaximus - great job with that AE86, love the details in the lighting.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:12 AM
twan77

I am new to RC world and I want to do it all my next project is a drift car. I have 2 TC4 one road racing and the second will be my drift car. Just unsure of what type of engine to put in it. Anyone help me out and give me some advise? I hear so many different options. I dont know anyone around here who drifts but we do have a local track with a drift course, never no one there. Anyways here is the body I created for when I get good enough so I dont damage it lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48306.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1591700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie97940.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1591701  
Old 04-10-2011, 03:38 PM
woody_294

Love that 86, great looking car That BMW shell is v.nice too!

Made a little video whilst trying out ABS wheels, been drifting on electrical tape until now
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzJ8MKlY-SY[/youtube]
Old 04-10-2011, 04:18 PM
SIRCC

Old 04-10-2011, 09:16 PM
twan77

ORIGINAL: woody_294

Made a little video whilst trying out ABS wheels, been drifting on electrical tape until now
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzJ8MKlY-SY[/youtube]
So I have heard of electric tape before but I dont understand the concept. all you do is take normal wheels and us it like that? When I first baught my TC4 I had baught the plastic tires but it seems to me that all they do is spin. I dont get how to get forward motion. Now matter what I do it automaticaly spins one way or the other no matter if i even turn down the steering trim.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
rawfuls
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: twan77

ORIGINAL: woody_294

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzJ8MKlY-SY[/youtube]
So I have heard of electric tape before but I dont understand the concept. all you do is take normal wheels and us it like that? When I first baught my TC4 I had baught the plastic tires but it seems to me that all they do is spin. I dont get how to get forward motion. Now matter what I do it automaticaly spins one way or the other no matter if i even turn down the steering trim.
The point of the ABS/plastic tires are to not get traction.

That's really, how RC drifting works, no REAL traction, so the car spins out, however, you control that spin out, and you turn it into a drift.

I think how real 1:1 drifting works, is roughly the same concept, your real tires are losing some traction, which allows you to go sideways, make sense?

You get "forward" motion through kinetic energy, once you get going, pretty hard to stop, unless there's a curb nearby.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
twan77

Ya it makes sense but i watch some of these videos on the net and it looks like they are flying through turns.  I have never been able to see it in real life so just wondering if that is just looking that way because of the filming?
Old 04-12-2011, 03:44 AM
icedude1989

if u take scale ratio to real life cars, yes, rc drift is not that scale in terms of speed. the rc cars do actually take corners quite fast so its not just filming angles and so on either. then again, in rc cars all you have is motor power and plastic tyres to help u break traction while on the 1:1 cars u adjust the slide using also the clutch, something u dont have in rc, meaning we have to control the slide using more weight shift and the slippery tyres instead of keeping the car on revs then slipping the clutch and start sliding. i hope u can understand what i mean
Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
kstmRYD

to drift your RC you need a basic setup for drifting, just slapping tape on your touring car will not make it a drifter. First you want a tire that will give you the right amount of slip and grip and you need a motor with very good throttle control. You should be able to "smoothly" accelerate, if you are tuned right you should be able to creep your car very slowly forward without it jerking nervously like it wants to take off. Most guys who are new to drifting have killer motors with massive punch of the line, that's fine for touring but a major no no for drifting. A punchy powerful motor is a recipe for donuts (spin outs) especially if you are new to drifting. Not that you can't drift with power, it's just harder to control for new guys.

Get rid of the "poor man's drift tire" the tape on tires. Get decent tires, even ABS which is the hardest and slips the most will give you enough grip for forward momentum, if you can't get your car going forward without a spinout you most likely you have a drive line problem, check that all wheels have even power on throttle, if one wheel has no power to it will cause the automatic spin out. Give your car throttle and check each wheel one at a time by trying to hold it while it's spinning. If one wheel can be held from spininng check your cvd pins, or outdrives also check your diff pressure settings if its a ball diff, tighten up or lock your rear diff. If its a spyder diff (with gears inside like an HPI diff) check for broken gears.

If you want a good tire that will last long go to www.raikoudrifttires.com and get a set of DXPE they slide really smooth and have good grip where needed and tone down your throttle on your radio and start with a small figure eight layout.

Here is a video of some guys that where new to drifting, after some basic tuning and the right tire and good layout and with some pointers from raikou guys they were sliding really nice pretty quick and with a lot of practice these guys got really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CH1Qzqsr0s
Old 04-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Aries326

Here's a pic of my rc drifter. It's a Yokomo LCG with a Yokomo RX-7 shell. It's an old shell and some of you guys may have seen it before but I'm pretty excited about getting back into rc drifting after being away for 2-3 years because of new kids. This was taken after my son and I drifted a few days ago.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Aries326

ORIGINAL: RC Flight

Here is my RWD drifter

Yes it does drift.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvgWlBR5E7c[/youtube]
Wow! Everyone used to say that RWD drifting was impossible. But you've proven them all wrong!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.