Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The first and last time I'll ever do this

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The first and last time I'll ever do this

ORIGINAL: fly24-7

Thunderbirdjunkie is just being a goof and having fun. You car guys don't know how good you got it over here. Read some of the super-uptight and downright mean-spirited, vicious sh@t on the airplane forums. Not saying that the car side is immune to that, but most every airplane thread inevitably turns nasty (Except the jet stuff. for the most part, those guys are alright). I read the car stuff from time to time for some levity and entertainment...
Yeah, the jet guys seem pretty cool...

Until you get into a Spektrum v FASST, or JR v Futaba v Airtronics discussion[&:]
Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 PM
psb667

do it again.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 PM
xerxes

xerxes dont do mud kuz i dont wana cleen nufn ethr
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 PM
lez1troubles

According to my girlfreind I've got a dirty mind.Time for a hose down.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:34 AM
FahrtAutoRC

The 4X4 is the only one that is mine-all-mine, I play around with other RCs often, about once a week or two I end up with another one in trade for something else. I have one very temporary RC and my baby Slash, my upgrade pit.. Thinking about buying another one for myself soon, buddy of mine is selling a RTR Associated nitro touring car for $100 with tons of spares/upgrades. Last week, I had a B4.1 that I traded for a new Xbox, twoo weeks before I had a midnight Pumpkin I used as partial trade for a truck for my bro, etc etc. The Slash is the only one i talk about because i am never gettin rid of it

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Here you go freezekid, and this thing is nowhere near complete for me. And yes, it races indoor/outdoor, gets filthy every time, cleaned every time and once a month completely stripped and cleaned, new fluids once every two months, and new bearings every three, I follow a maitenance schedule and this is not counting another $100+ average each month in upgrades. Most of the pics are not up to date, but here is a journey of the DOCUMENTED part of the "build". I am not trying to brag, just lay down an example. If you want to show something off, then make sure it is at least REMOTELY worth viewing. Not all upgrades shown, including RR gears, etc, but you get the idea....
do you only have a slash or do you have other cars? not trying to say anything, just curious.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:36 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Or annunciate in your typing. You are harder to understand than a teenage girl in text mode.

ORIGINAL: xerxes

Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 AM
madtruck1

Or annunciate in your typing. You are harder to understand than a teenage girl in text mode.

hahaha
Old 06-17-2011, 06:38 AM
electricrc68
Banned

The 4X4 is the only one that is mine-all-mine, I play around with other RCs often, about once a week or two I end up with another one in trade for something else. I have one very temporary RC and my baby Slash, my upgrade pit.. Thinking about buying another one for myself soon, buddy of mine is selling a RTR Associated nitro touring car for $100 with tons of spares/upgrades. Last week, I had a B4.1 that I traded for a new Xbox, twoo weeks before I had a midnight Pumpkin I used as partial trade for a truck for my bro, etc etc. The Slash is the only one i talk about because i am never gettin rid of it

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

Here you go freezekid, and this thing is nowhere near complete for me. And yes, it races indoor/outdoor, gets filthy every time, cleaned every time and once a month completely stripped and cleaned, new fluids once every two months, and new bearings every three, I follow a maitenance schedule and this is not counting another $100+ average each month in upgrades. Most of the pics are not up to date, but here is a journey of the DOCUMENTED part of the "build". I am not trying to brag, just lay down an example. If you want to show something off, then make sure it is at least REMOTELY worth viewing. Not all upgrades shown, including RR gears, etc, but you get the idea....
do you only have a slash or do you have other cars? not trying to say anything, just curious.

oh okay i see. i am still on the search for a car that i don't want to sell. im about to sell my two cars i have right now and get the MERV VXL. hopefully this will be the one that will be staying.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:55 AM
fly24-7

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Thunderbirdjunkie is just being a goof and having fun. You car guys don't know how good you got it over here. Read some of the super-uptight and downright mean-spirited, vicious sh@t on the airplane forums. Not saying that the car side is immune to that, but most every airplane thread inevitably turns nasty (Except the jet stuff. for the most part, those guys are alright). I read the car stuff from time to time for some levity and entertainment...
In one thread I think it was in the radio forum they were saying how nice and helpful the airplane guys are[X(]
Airplane guys are nice and helpful as long as you agree with them. Throw out a contrary viewpoint and watch the fireworks. Don't get me wrong, there are of course exceptions to the rule. But many think they know everything and have an inability to be open minded.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
fly24-7

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Yeah, the jet guys seem pretty cool...

Until you get into a Spektrum v FASST, or JR v Futaba v Airtronics discussion[&:]
Ha, yea... Since the advent of 2.4, every guy who's crashed a plane and uses 2.4 thinks it's the radio's fault. And they all think if they'd used the other brand, it wouldn't have happened.

Alright... "Every" is a bit strong. But an awful lot of them have....
Old 06-17-2011, 10:38 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

e·nun·ci·ate [&:]
Old 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
xerxes

e·nun·ci·ate [&:]
[fasepalm/] [&:]
Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Cossey
My Feedback: (1)

REALLY?!?!?
It's F**KING "FACE"! FACE! F-A-C-E. Are you really that effing stupid?

Moving on, I don't mind cleaning at all. ****, you should see the cleaning I do after a track day in my real car. Brake dust covering the wheels from the race pads, bugs from going to/from track, or on track, rubber from being kicked up off the track in the air then me running into it, possible cracks/chips in windshield from small pebbles, etc.. That actually requires work. I don't consider sitting at my table disassembling an R/C car to be any sort of work.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:09 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Ha, if you think cleaning your track car is a chore, try going wheeling sometime
Old 06-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Cossey

Ha, if you think cleaning your track car is a chore, try going wheeling sometime
Lol, I have (with ATVs and dirt bikes though) and I find that easy.
1.. Grab beer of choice
2.. Turn on pressure washer
3.. Spray
Old 06-17-2011, 02:35 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: Cossey

REALLY?!?!?
It's F**KING ''FACE''! FACE! F-A-C-E. Are you really that effing stupid?
oh em gee!!!!![&:]
Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Link119

Your posts freaking piss me off. Do you really need to save a whole 5 seconds by typing like that. You type like a two year old. Grow up!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: Crapxxas19

Your posts freaking piss me off. Do you really need to save a whole 5 seconds by typing like that. You type like a two year old. Grow up!!!
just let it go, he's trying to piss you off on purpose, and it takes longer for him to type poorly on purpose than it would for him to just type like a normal person
Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

ORIGINAL: Eman77

ORIGINAL: JUSTPASSEDU

Dude it's part of the hobby , I guess you don't race on a dirt track bc this is what happens when you do. Good thing you have a slash bc mostly any other car would not be able to be hosed down.
You can't hose down non-Traxxas vehicles? Guess I've been doing it wrong. [&:] But hey, I take the effort to pull the electronics first. I'm wacky like that.
It's obvious that you can , I know this lol , you just have to pull your receiver , servo , esc where as the Traxxas you don't have to pull a thing , my point is the Traxxas is allot easier to clean then most cars and freezetron is complaining about cleaning it. Oh and don't 4 get to lube everything back up....
I know that. Just being obnoxious since many, many RCU folks here think that Traxxas is God's gift to RC since you can ''just hose it down''. Traxxas is fine an all, but I'm tired of the hype and folks fearing to drive anywhere near a water puddle with a non-Traxxas ESC. Gimme a break.

Anyway, no worries.
It's ok lol , I don't even run a Traxxas at all these days , iv been all about my Mugen Mbx-6 Eco lately if you wanna try a good car this is the one.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: Crapxxas19

i nevr met a 2yr old dat cood tipe [&:]
Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry, there will be lots of people to quote ThunderbirdJunkie so you can see his wealth of knowledge and wisdom.
not xerxes. i find ur welth of nowlege 2 b lackin in key areas
yours lack in the ability to spell.

stop typing like a 10 year old tryhard who just discovered the internet
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Last time I checked this was an online forum? I don't see what is the problem bashing on a user for the way they type, I mean seriously its not grammar school........
Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 PM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Last time I checked this was an online forum? I don't see what is the problem bashing on a user for the way they type, I mean seriously its not grammar school........
i no rite? accordin 2 evry1 in heer, evry rc enthusiast shood b a harverd grad.

who wooda thought a bunch of kids on a remote control car forum cood b so childish[&o]
Old 06-17-2011, 07:19 PM
stangracin3

i will do mud to a point. but i was racing track was wet, itt was still dry enough to race on. then we got one last rain and the SCT's got ****ed over.
1/8 buggies did fine. my slash was 15 pounds by the time it was done. tires had a half inch of mud all the way around. and an inch of mud in the chassis
Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Zanek

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

So, after deciding to keep the Slash, I decided I really needed to go to the track again but the weather up in my state has been nothing but rain and misery. I finally managed to get two other guys to join me this weekend during a dry spell. Unfortuantly, as soon as they showed up, it started to rain pretty good for 15 minutes and let up again. The track wasn't soaked but it was pretty wet and I was about to say "screw it" when my friends threw their trucks on the track and started having a muddy good time. Realizing that I also forgot my outerwears shroud AGAIN, I finally gave into their fun and put Frostbolt on the track as well until it started to down pour again.

Needless to say, my truck was an utter, muck filled mess. Yeah, it was alot of fun, for around 10 mins. But then I spent the next several hours after hosing down the truck with the garden house, taking the truck all apart, take each part and put them on a towel and drying them in a fan for a few hours. Then began the real fun part of cleaning all of parts with blue rags and 409 lemon cleaner. It cost me another 4 bearings for one little mud run after the rain. Waterproof or not, this was a PITA to clean up and ill be sticking with dry dirt or clean snow from this point forward. Thanks but no thanks.

And this will teach me for forgetting my outerwears as well...

I have the same problem. And the body seems to direct mud and water from the tires under the shell and onto the chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.