Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The first and last time I'll ever do this

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The first and last time I'll ever do this

ORIGINAL: xerxes

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Last time I checked this was an online forum? I don't see what is the problem bashing on a user for the way they type, I mean seriously its not grammar school........
i no rite? accordin 2 evry1 in heer, evry rc enthusiast shood b a harverd grad.

who wooda thought a bunch of kids on a remote control car forum cood b so childish[&o]
its a pain to read your typing and I can't figure out what "haverd grad" means.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:29 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

Last time I checked this was an online forum? I don't see what is the problem bashing on a user for the way they type, I mean seriously its not grammar school........

who wooda thought a bunch of kids on a remote control car forum cood b so childish[&o]
its a pain to read your typing and I can't figure out what ''haverd grad'' means.
Well simply don't read it then, move on......... I'm not saying its ok for him to type the way he/she does, but there is no point in complaining about it, just the same way users complain about thunderbirdjunkie and how he posts on here..... It's not going to make them stop, everyone is has their own way of doing things, so to each his/her own.......
Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
xerxes

its a pain to read your typing and I can't figure out what ''haverd grad'' means.
u mispelld harverd u bloke
Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM
stangracin3

WoUlD yOu RaThEr I tYpE lIkE tHiS? i MeAn DoEs ThIs HuRt YoUr EyE's?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Cossey
My Feedback: (1)

harverd
''haverd
u mispelld harverd u bloke
It's "Harvard."
Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Haddi Taha

Most of us here speak English so it would be nice if you talked in a language we understood.
I've see people here defending there favourite brands and get in to fights and seen some nasty things here but would've never imagined people feel that they have to defend there way of typing.

anyway, i'm done on this matter
Old 06-18-2011, 07:00 PM
mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: stangracin3

This thread cracks me up!

About 15-20 years ago I was pretty active on the local electronic bulletin board systems, or BBS scene as it was often called. There was one kid, younger than me even, so probably about 9 or 10, who absolutely could not write a sentence with any word spelled properly. No one could understand him, and I remember taking it upon myself to decipher and translate his every post, much to the amusement of everyone else.

I wish I had held onto some of the old printouts and files I'd saved.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 AM
FahrtAutoRC

As a child my mother and father could not afford to send me to school, so they opted for home school. I did fine with that until the "accident", after which point my father did all of the classwork for me so I could pass. One of the classes I was hampered in was "English". I could not understand it, nor could I figure out how to use it properly. I know, I was born here, and it is easier to type like the rest of you but this is what i am used to. It just does not make sense to portray myself as a clear-minded intelligent individual when that is far from the truth, so i choose not to.

*fixed

Xerxes, in all honesty, no joking around this time, would you mind telling us how old you are? What your background is? Just basics, nothing too deep. If you end up being an eight-year-old from the East side of Cleveland i will hassle you no longer. I know I am no English scholar myself, and in nearly every post i make there are mistakes from time to time, but I also only have about half the feeling i should in my fingers, due to nerve damage. This does not stop me from taking the time to use the language in an intelligent and comprehendable manner, however. If you are typing the way you are merely because it is "cool", it is not. At least, not in a forum such as this. People expect a little more from that pad covered with all the lettered and numbered buttons sitting in front of you.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:30 AM
ilanstylz

This was directed to xerxes, but I'll respond as well....

I am 30+ years old, I have a Masters in Network Security/Bachelors in Computer IT, I am a Network Administrator for GDIT, I work and type on computers/electronics all day........ So if i wer too typ lik dis, wud dat make me ne les intelugent? Its an online forum people, get over it........
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Ok then, why DON'T you type like that? Because while it might not make you less intelligent, it definitely makes you appear that way. And how much extra time and effort was expended in typing like that?

Sure, his style of typing does not directly denote intelligence, his posts do, but we will never know for sure as long as he is in "txt mode"

I am 30+ years old, I have a Masters in Network Security/Bachelors in Computer IT, I am a Network Administrator for GDIT, I work and type on computers/electronics all day........ So if i wer too typ lik dis, wud dat make me ne les intelugent? Its an online forum people, get over it........
Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
ilanstylz

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Ok then, why DON'T you type like that? Because while it might not make you less intelligent, it definitely makes you appear that way. And how much extra time and effort was expended in typing like that?

Sure, his style of typing does not directly denote intelligence, his posts do, but we will never know for sure as long as he is in ''txt mode''

I don't necessarily disagree with you, my point is if you already know how he is, and how he posts, why bother bashing him for it? It seems to me that he prob. still does it because he enjoys users reactions to it...... Point being just ignore him and move on, bashing him for it solves nothing.......
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Haddi Taha

Sure, his style of typing does not directly denote intelligence, his posts do, but we will never know for sure as long as he is in ''txt mode''

I don't necessarily disagree with you, my point is if you already know how he is, and how he posts, why bother bashing him for it? It seems to me that he prob. still does it because he enjoys users reactions to it...... Point being just ignore him and move on, bashing him for it solves nothing.......
why are we still fighting over this

Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 AM
ilanstylz

why are we still fighting over this

whos fighting??????????
Old 06-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Link119

There is not one person on this forum, including the mods that approve of xerxes's typing.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:22 AM
lez1troubles

Have you *****'s ever thought that he might have bent fingers or is cross eyed.
Aint it time to stop pounding on this subject and get back into model building.
Pretty damn sure the subject was getting dirty but once again you've all changed it to a slagging match.
Not one of you has offered the O.P a reasonable answer to his question or offered help with his problem.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 AM
lez1troubles

Thinking of leaving RCU and just sticking with Oople, at least there they stay on track.[sm=punching.gif]
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

This has nothing to do with model aviation.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
lez1troubles

Whatup Thunder, cannt you get your buggy to fly no more, thats aviation enough for me.and then with a couple of pounds of dirt on top for the bombing runs.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
xerxes

As a child my mother and father could not afford to send me to school, so they opted for home school. I did fine with that until the ''accident'', after which point my father did all of the classwork for me so I could pass. One of the classes I was hampered in was ''English''. I could not understand it, nor could I figure out how to use it properly. I know, I was born here, and it is easier to type like the rest of you but this is what i am used to. It just does not make sense to portray myself as a clear-minded intelligent individual when that is far from the truth, so i choose not to.

*fixed

Xerxes, in all honesty, no joking around this time, would you mind telling us how old you are? What your background is? Just basics, nothing too deep. If you end up being an eight-year-old from the East side of Cleveland i will hassle you no longer. I know I am no English scholar myself, and in nearly every post i make there are mistakes from time to time, but I also only have about half the feeling i should in my fingers, due to nerve damage. This does not stop me from taking the time to use the language in an intelligent and comprehendable manner, however. If you are typing the way you are merely because it is ''cool'', it is not. At least, not in a forum such as this. People expect a little more from that pad covered with all the lettered and numbered buttons sitting in front of you.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 AM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: stangracin3

i wood prefer it vary much so.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Haddi Taha

can we get back to topic already?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:31 AM
electricrc68
Banned

i like your sig haddi taha....
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 AM
lez1troubles

Still I am the only one here to even offer to help Freeztron with his delema.
Bunch of tossers can only break down a person.
HELP THE GUY GET HIS CAR DIRT PROOF OR BUGGER OFF.[>:]
Old 06-21-2011, 05:30 AM
collector1231

LOL, A normal day at our track, we get even more wet and muddy than that because the guys who water the track usually leave 5 puddles of water on my perfect driving line. Talk about muddy, now.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:08 PM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Thinking of leaving RCU and just sticking with Oople, at least there they stay on track.[sm=punching.gif]

Your choice, but I could offer all the support you would need if you like [&:]

And nobody has helped Frostbit'n'shrunken because nobody likes him nor cares about his truck, its just more "LOOKITMEEEE!!!!!LOOKITWHATIIIIDIDDD!!!!!!!" that we all have seen 1000 times from him, just like the same tired pics of his truck.

Anyways, BACKONSUBJECT:
Xerxes, you are 39? Then type like an adult. Nobody wants to read that teenage text-mode crap and nobody will take it seriously either. A little shown intelligence will go a LONG way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.