Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

INTEGRATED Balancing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default INTEGRATED Balancing?

Iam new to LiPo, but my buddy has one and we've been using it. LiPo batts have a "balancing conector" that plugs into a separate module that plugs into a balancing port on the charger.This Ican understand. But Iam looking at a ProTek Prodigy 65 AC that says it has an "internal balancer" and apparently does not require a balancing module. How can this be? The description on A-Main Hobbies infers that the charger balances the battery thru the main connector. Idon't see how this would work. Do any of you have such a charger? I'm considering this ProTek because it comes with all needed connectors, whereas, the comparable Onyx 235 (both same price) requires you to buy all needed connectors and balancing module, and I'm a cheap *******. Anyone care to fill me in?

Thanks,
Rob
Old 08-07-2011, 12:59 PM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INTEGRATED Balancing?

On chargers with a balancer built in they still use the balance lead on the battery. Typically there is simply a balance port or plug built into the charger itself that the balance lead from the battery plugs into, so you don't need an extra module.