Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:10 AM
HOskitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by egbasher
Welcome to the boards. TBone bumpers are the way to go. They are tough and will save you a lot of broken suspension arms. Plus they have a lifetime warranty. Break one and all you have to do is send them a photo of the broken part and they ship you a replacement. https://tboneracing.net/Evader-EXT-E...-Pro_c_66.html
Ok seems good! thanks
Old 06-10-2017, 07:29 PM
HOskitz

I was also wondering, which spare parts from the Evader ST can be fitted onto the EXT1?
And specifically can the ST clear gear cover fit onto the EXT1?
Old 06-11-2017, 03:24 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HighOnSk1ttles
I was also wondering, which spare parts from the Evader ST can be fitted onto the EXT1?
And specifically can the ST clear gear cover fit onto the EXT1?
Yes. It is the same gear cover.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:37 AM
RustyUs

I was also wondering, which spare parts from the Evader ST can be fitted onto the EXT1?...
The only thing off the top of my head, to look out for, is the ball diff for the original Evader will not fit in the EXT gearbox...different bearing size on the diffs.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:58 AM
HOskitz

Originally Posted by RustyUs
The only thing off the top of my head, to look out for, is the ball diff for the original Evader will not fit in the EXT gearbox...different bearing size on the diffs.
Okay I see thanks bro
Old 06-11-2017, 06:32 AM
RustyUs

Oh, and welcome to RCU.

When checking out parts, I download both/all the manuals/parts lists for the Evaders. Makes for easier comparison of the part #s.

I'm glad to hear another Duratrax user is alive and well. The Evader parts supply is still good for the old platform. A lot to be had to keep the platforms up and running...last time I checked anyway .
Old 06-12-2017, 02:43 AM
HOskitz

Oh, and welcome to RCU.

When checking out parts, I download both/all the manuals/parts lists for the Evaders. Makes for easier comparison of the part #s.

I'm glad to hear another Duratrax user is alive and well. The Evader parts supply is still good for the old platform. A lot to be had to keep the platforms up and running...last time I checked anyway .
Thanks m8 the heads up i'll be sure to check it out. Yea for sure
Old 06-23-2017, 03:07 AM
HOskitz

If any of you guys are wondering this is my truck. After mounting the gladiator tires on (pretty fricken tall I tell ya), I reckon I need to get some new front tires just to balance the look of the truck :P
Click image for larger version

Name:	coccOOA.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	2221248Click image for larger version

Name:	nxfwFaa.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2221249
Old 06-23-2017, 03:12 AM
HOskitz

Any of you boys got any suggestions for a good pair of front tires that will match the rear?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:20 AM
RustyUs

EXT2 looking good with fresh rubber . That taller tire was my concern as well. The only tires I can think of ...another pair of Gladiators! They will pretty much last years before needing replaced. That is of course if running off-road. The size of Pro-Line Gladiators is quite a bit taller, as you found out, than normal stadium truck tires. You will also gain a bit more bite when using the Gladiators up front.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:40 AM
RustyUs

Any of you boys got any suggestions for a good pair of front tires that will match the rear?
Now you got me thinking about how RC tire manufacturers specs their tires in terms of measured height.... Does the height include the tread?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:13 PM
HOskitz

EXT2 looking good with fresh rubber . That taller tire was my concern as well. The only tires I can think of ...another pair of Gladiators! They will pretty much last years before needing replaced. That is of course if running off-road. The size of Pro-Line Gladiators is quite a bit taller, as you found out, than normal stadium truck tires. You will also gain a bit more bite when using the Gladiators up front.
Cheers buddy. Yeah that's what I was thinking of
Old 06-23-2017, 02:15 PM
HOskitz

Now you got me thinking about how RC tire manufacturers specs their tires in terms of measured height.... Does the height include the tread?
Haha, I've got no idea since i'm pretty new to this hobby. Maybe the other guys can help you out
Old 06-24-2017, 05:34 AM
RustyUs

I looked closer at your photos.

Are you using stock Duratrax wheels for your Gladiators?

I ask this because I've found (as well as most other power hungry users) the wheels to be just...okay. I don't know what type of power plant you have, i.e., motor, and battery, but the stock Evader ST/EXT wheels are not the best. If you are running a mild motor on 2S/6cell NiMh power, then the wheels will hold up just fine. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just saying to make sure you have your rear wheels properly seated, and your (EXT) nuts are secure . If you find the rear wheel nuts to be loosing grip after every run...it's time to get new locking nuts... quick!
Old 06-24-2017, 03:58 PM
HOskitz

Wink

I looked closer at your photos.

Are you using stock Duratrax wheels for your Gladiators?

I ask this because I've found (as well as most other power hungry users) the wheels to be just...okay. I don't know what type of power plant you have, i.e., motor, and battery, but the stock Evader ST/EXT wheels are not the best. If you are running a mild motor on 2S/6cell NiMh power, then the wheels will hold up just fine. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just saying to make sure you have your rear wheels properly seated, and your (EXT) nuts are secure . If you find the rear wheel nuts to be loosing grip after every run...it's time to get new locking nuts... quick!
Yep stock wheels, I will be only be running 2s lipo but now you got me thinking as I do have a spare brushless system (3300kv motor, 45amp esc i think), would it work well on the evader? I just don't wanna screw up the transmission because I hate that crap. You almost scared me mate! haha cheers for info and heads up
Old 06-30-2017, 05:30 PM
HOskitz

I think I stripped my spur today (some teeth was flattened down a bit) , it made a whining noise and the pinion kept removing itself from the spur. F@#$%^ hate when this happens haha...
Old 07-01-2017, 02:52 AM
RustyUs

Hey, at least the spur gear was all that stripped. Receipt paper (the thinner laser printed stuff at gas pumps/stores/super markets) is what I use to get an optimum mesh between the pinion and spur gears. Great fitting drivers help get motor screws tight enough to prevent motor movement on the mount. If you still need additional security, a dab of thread lock (medium stuff) on the motor mounting screws.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:06 AM
RustyUs

There are Evader users that have gone one an extra step in ultimate motor mounting toughness. Using two motor mounts to eliminate flex on the rear end. I personally have not seen the need to go this far into modding the Evader platform. Over the years, the little gap (mesh) between the spur/pinion gears has proved to be enough of wiggle room for my Evader. If you are slapping the ground hard off of jumps and whatnot, then possibly shock tuning is needed.

Get out there and throw some dirt!
Old 07-01-2017, 03:53 PM
HOskitz

There are Evader users that have gone one an extra step in ultimate motor mounting toughness. Using two motor mounts to eliminate flex on the rear end. I personally have not seen the need to go this far into modding the Evader platform. Over the years, the little gap (mesh) between the spur/pinion gears has proved to be enough of wiggle room for my Evader. If you are slapping the ground hard off of jumps and whatnot, then possibly shock tuning is needed.

Get out there and throw some dirt!
True it was only a spur, my gear mesh was set correctly though but I was driving the car erratically to be fair. I can't be bothered modding the rear end so i'll pass on that one haha... Anyways gotta get the car up and running again!
Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 PM
HOskitz

Hey, at least the spur gear was all that stripped. Receipt paper (the thinner laser printed stuff at gas pumps/stores/super markets) is what I use to get an optimum mesh between the pinion and spur gears. Great fitting drivers help get motor screws tight enough to prevent motor movement on the mount. If you still need additional security, a dab of thread lock (medium stuff) on the motor mounting screws.
Thanks i'll try it out
Old 08-14-2017, 12:09 PM
RustyUs

The Evader ST Pro took a serious hit. Not so much a "hit", but more of a rut grabbing a hold of one rear arm, and not letting go. At least that's when I noticed the ST had an issue. It could have been the nasty landing cracking the mount and the rut gave the final push. Maybe just becoming brittle with age? It's for sure the weakest link on the whole ST Pro platform. If only Duratrax had made the mount out of some softer material. Meh.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_151648.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	2227941Click image for larger version

Name:	20170814_152108.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2227942
You just can't find them anymore. I think I have a few spare arm mounts left. This is the one and only part I wish RPM would have volunteered to make back in the day. After the spares are depleted, I guess I'll have to move on to the EXT chassis plate.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:03 PM
DieHarder

Yikes! Yeah, that Pro chassis plate is really rare, and those mounts and just as rare, if not more so. lol I've been running the Brushless chassis plates with the DTX wheelie bar. Great setup, but there are some obvious stress marks that appear on the first few runs (directly under the gearbox), yet they haven't caused a failure in all the runs I've put them through. Going on like a few years now. If you need parts bro, I'm your guy. I bought like three spare parts Evaders and a bunch of NOS from my LHS that decided to quit on DTX stuff. Unfortunately though, I do not have mounts for that Pro chassis plate...
Old 09-01-2017, 06:06 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by DieHarder
Yikes! Yeah, that Pro chassis plate is really rare, and those mounts and just as rare, if not more so. lol I've been running the Brushless chassis plates with the DTX wheelie bar. Great setup, but there are some obvious stress marks that appear on the first few runs (directly under the gearbox), yet they haven't caused a failure in all the runs I've put them through. Going on like a few years now. If you need parts bro, I'm your guy. I bought like three spare parts Evaders and a bunch of NOS from my LHS that decided to quit on DTX stuff. Unfortunately though, I do not have mounts for that Pro chassis plate...
LOL. Little by little, the parts support is fading.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:48 PM
RustyUs

I just got done rebuilding the shocks; cleaning bearings, and replacing the rear suspension arm mount. I went to bolt everything back together, and noticed motor guard not lining up with chassis plate . And the more I look at the ST, from the rear, the angle of the pinion is looking a bit weird. Maybe it's my eyes. I don't know. Next maintenance session will have a closer look.

I'm looking forward to the long weekend and being at the track. Evader was down for awhile. Can't wait to get it back out there.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:24 AM
DieHarder

That's very odd. For your motor guard to not line up, there would have to be something wrong with how the gearbox is mounted to the rear chassis plate, or if the case itself is tweaked somehow. The pinion angle could be a bent motor mount plate, collapsed motor bearing, cracked pinion, bent motor shaft, or maybe its related to the gearbox alignment issue. It could be anything! lol Just to give you a few ideas...

Fresh shocks on a the track is always nice!

My Evaders are awaiting some surgery. Both need the yearly gearbox rip down, ST needs the shocks rebuilt (I have the kit!), the EXT needs the shocks topped off, has a broken upper steering deck, and I need to get a new set of rims and Badlands for it too.

The ST is still chugging along until I get the time for the above work. Got over four years now on the BL diff!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.