Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Rustler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
ludeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

BLINGGGGGGG!!!!!

Kick ass
Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
cbaumler

That is too sweet.  How much you want for it :-)
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

wow lets see that thing run
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Mazda ute

Shes not a shelf queen.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:54 AM
MTboy

WOW!!!
That is the sickest rustler I've seen.. Great work..
Now get some action shots of that baby..
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: Mazda ute

Shes not a shelf queen.
Nice man, so it doesn't just sit there and look pretty. I like when people actually go run their stuff.

Here's a pic of mine.

By the way, I hate new era, their stuff is very high quality, but it never fits, and they never include half the hard where you need.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 PM
ludeman

Yours looks good too, now lets see some video in action!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 AM
neyou86

hey guys im wondering if i should upgrade to cvd's or get some new stock shafts. what do you think?
Old 04-11-2010, 01:42 PM
rc theman

if this is your first time breaking them just get the stockers, i run stockers on my slash and my stampede and havent broke one yet this year, and both of those are running brushless
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
neyou86

ok. they just wore out. what should i get for tires for my rustler? badlands? gladiator? what do you guys run? i run on loose dirt- my track, grass- short, and gravel. i just want a good basher tire.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:54 PM
rc theman

i think both of those are good but i think glads are the best, but they dont last that long, so i say badlands or geolanders
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
simplecj

Hey guys! Man those two FLM Rusty's look awesome. I really like the blue but it'd suck to scratch all that anodizing off.

Haven't posted here for a bit, been busy. I got promoted to engineering at a local aerospace manufacturing company. Ran the waterjets for 7 months before that and made all sorts of aluminum and titanium parts. I'd like to make up some Ti wheely bars for the rustlers. Just gotta finish my flat pattern and get some time on the jets. Prob make 10 of them if I can find enough material.

Anyways. I just bought a Slash 4x4, it's super sweet. I also just rebuilt my brushless and brushed rustler. I'm selling the brushed one on eBay if anyone's looking for a cheap XL-5 RTR. The ESC and motor are fairly new and the ESC is the blue waterproof one.

Take a look if you want: [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180493852132&Category=19167&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1]Rustler XL-5 RTR - SimpleCJ on eBay[/link]

Also have a few other items for the 2wd Slash (parts I thought would work on the 4wd version, but dont).

Here's some bigger pics of the one up for sale since ebay shrinks them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38657.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1418100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82642.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1418101  
Old 04-19-2010, 10:11 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: neyou86

hey guys im wondering if i should upgrade to cvd's or get some new stock shafts. what do you think?
CVD's man, no contest, I would go through like 2 sets of stock ones a week, sometimes more.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: ludeman

Yours looks good too, now lets see some video in action!
Yea, I really need to get a video of it running, I just can't drive and record at the same time. [:@]
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: simplecj

Hey guys! Man those two FLM Rusty's look awesome. I really like the blue but it'd suck to scratch all that anodizing off.

Haven't posted here for a bit, been busy. I got promoted to engineering at a local aerospace manufacturing company. Ran the waterjets for 7 months before that and made all sorts of aluminum and titanium parts. I'd like to make up some Ti wheely bars for the rustlers. Just gotta finish my flat pattern and get some time on the jets. Prob make 10 of them if I can find enough material.

Anyways. I just bought a Slash 4x4, it's super sweet. I also just rebuilt my brushless and brushed rustler. I'm selling the brushed one on eBay if anyone's looking for a cheap XL-5 RTR. The ESC and motor are fairly new and the ESC is the blue waterproof one.

Take a look if you want: [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180493852132&Category=19167&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1]Rustler XL-5 RTR - SimpleCJ on eBay[/link]

Also have a few other items for the 2wd Slash (parts I thought would work on the 4wd version, but dont).

Here's some bigger pics of the one up for sale since ebay shrinks them.
Hay man, long time no see! I want a Slash 4x4 to but I don't have the money for it so, it is going to have to wait sadly. [][&o]
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 AM
urgeone

man those are some really nice looking trucks u guys
I am now attempting to put Jato arms on mine, since I stretched out the chassis 2.5", so it will add a bit more stability. I have the fron and the rear arms on, but the Jato steering links are just not long enough. I am using the stock Rustler ball ends though, are these longer on the Jato? Does it need the Jato bellcrank? I hope not.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Mazda ute

Yes Jato arms are longer.Just find some turn buckels that will fit. I used 72mm turn buckels on mine, no need to get a bell crank just use the one you have.

ORIGINAL: urgeone

man those are some really nice looking trucks u guys
I am now attempting to put Jato arms on mine, since I stretched out the chassis 2.5'', so it will add a bit more stability. I have the fron and the rear arms on, but the Jato steering links are just not long enough. I am using the stock Rustler ball ends though, are these longer on the Jato? Does it need the Jato bellcrank? I hope not.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
urgeone

hey thanks mazda ute! Did you reuse the stock Rustler ballends like I did or buy Jato ballends? BTW I'm using the Lunsford Jato links.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM
neyou86

hey whats it cost to do the jato conversion?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:21 PM
rc theman

well if you want to widen your rustler just get another set of rear arms and 4 stampede steering links, use two for the steering and two for the chamber links, and a set of pins for the arms also, and thats about $35 but id say the jato is about the same price
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
DrDaywalker

Well I figured I would show my face on here. Its been a while since I really was into driving my rusty. But ironically I drove it today for a few minutes and then Warheadforever messaged me on aol seeing what was up. I guess I could post some pics of it again to see the trials and tribulations I went through but it was over a year and a half ago and probably about 80-100 pages back on here...lol [code]/code]
Old 04-21-2010, 08:18 PM
urgeone

I spent about 35 on the lunsford titanium links, and 14 total for the rpm Jato arms front and rear. so thats about 50 so far, then I need to lengthen the rear drive axles also...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
neyou86

my titan is starting to act up. my motor will work good and then it will stop working and when i get it to work again it has a real loud humm and will vibrate. i think the brushes are hanging up but is there anything i can do to fix it? should i just get a new motor? dont have the money for brushless yet. anybody run the s-600 in their rusty's? i know some people use them in their pedes. what do you guys run for brushed motors?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
birdman1968

I put a Velineon Brushless system in my Rustler recently. I was doing speed runs at Angel Stadium with 28/86 gearing yesterday . Not sure how fast on 2S 35 C LiPo , but almost uncontrollable . I think it would take flight with 3S . Anyone running Bushless with 3S in the Rustler ???

I also put my Stampede Talon tires on it as well . This little thing is a monster !!! What a blast . I wish I would have done this as soon as I got the Rustler . I am thinking of keeping the Talons on their ?? My stock Rustler tires were bald after 2 battery packs with the Velineon System anyways .

I think I like it more than the Stampede now . I am thinking of putting all the suspension upgrades from my Stampede on my Rustler for a while. I am liking having a quiver of traxxas vehicles to interchange parts on !!

Can not wait to try my Rustypede at the track . I think it is gonna jump great !!!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:01 AM
grumpygramps

ORIGINAL: birdman1968

I put a Velineon Brushless system in my Rustler recently. I was doing speed runs at Angel Stadium with 28/86 gearing yesterday . Not sure how fast on 2S 35 C LiPo , but almost uncontrollable . I think it would take flight with 3S . Anyone running Bushless with 3S in the Rustler ???

I also put my Stampede Talon tires on it as well . This little thing is a monster !!! What a blast . I wish I would have done this as soon as I got the Rustler . I am thinking of keeping the Talons on their ?? My stock Rustler tires were bald after 2 battery packs with the Velineon System anyways .

I think I like it more than the Stampede now . I am thinking of putting all the suspension upgrades from my Stampede on my Rustler for a while. I am liking having a quiver of traxxas vehicles to interchange parts on !!

Can not wait to try my Rustypede at the track . I think it is gonna jump great !!!
The problem I've found since putting Talons onto my Rustler is that the front end simply doesn't bite into corners and is pretty rubbish around a track... It jumps well though if you can get it lined up before take off and the tires do give you a bit more protection from bad landings or hitting things generally which is a bonus.

I'm in the middle of fitting Losi 8ight shocks to mine, customised body mounts and spraying up a new Desert Rat shell with purple/gold flip-flop paint job. Should look pretty nice when it's all done and the Losi shocks are super smooth so should handle a bit better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.