Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Rustler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

ORIGINAL: grumpygramps

ORIGINAL: birdman1968

I put a Velineon Brushless system in my Rustler recently. I was doing speed runs at Angel Stadium with 28/86 gearing yesterday . Not sure how fast on 2S 35 C LiPo , but almost uncontrollable . I think it would take flight with 3S . Anyone running Bushless with 3S in the Rustler ???

I also put my Stampede Talon tires on it as well . This little thing is a monster !!! What a blast . I wish I would have done this as soon as I got the Rustler . I am thinking of keeping the Talons on their ?? My stock Rustler tires were bald after 2 battery packs with the Velineon System anyways .

I think I like it more than the Stampede now . I am thinking of putting all the suspension upgrades from my Stampede on my Rustler for a while. I am liking having a quiver of traxxas vehicles to interchange parts on !!

Can not wait to try my Rustypede at the track . I think it is gonna jump great !!!
The problem I've found since putting Talons onto my Rustler is that the front end simply doesn't bite into corners and is pretty rubbish around a track... It jumps well though if you can get it lined up before take off and the tires do give you a bit more protection from bad landings or hitting things generally which is a bonus.

I'm in the middle of fitting Losi 8ight shocks to mine, customised body mounts and spraying up a new Desert Rat shell with purple/gold flip-flop paint job. Should look pretty nice when it's all done and the Losi shocks are super smooth so should handle a bit better.

I love the mashers, they are great! In my opinion, and the are really sticky, which is kinda surprising or at least to me.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:24 PM
urgeone

Here are some pics of the 1/8 Rustler. I handles like a champ!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 PM
jbrobertsonjr

how is it 1/8 scale?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
urgeone

ORIGINAL: jbrobertsonjr

how is it 1/8 scale?
I don't know, I stretched the chassis extra 2" and use Jato arms all around. The pic of the body is a REVO Slipstream.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
jbrobertsonjr

was it hard to do
Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
urgeone

not real hard, I made the 2" extended CF chassis, and reused the stock battery tray, just had to cut it out from the stock chassis. Then I just put Jato arms all around. Then used FLM 17mm hub adaptors w/truggy tires.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
ltbigdog
My Feedback: (2)

Hey all be a while since I have posted, and my ruslter has been in parts from a crash and I plan on doing some repairs/upgrades this coming week and one is Lipo's. I havent ran a lipo in my truck and I have none that I can really test. I was wondering what people are running for packs, without having to shave the stock chassis. Looking for both 7.4 and 11.1 so I can get a Idea of what fits good and what no so good. And what ever else opinions people have.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:55 AM
momogt

will the jato anaconda 2.8  wheels and tires fit a rustler xl5 i want to buy a rustler and have it for on road
Old 05-13-2010, 05:57 AM
jbrobertsonjr

yea u have to buy 2 sets of the rear tires
Old 05-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Wewt, expecting my Rustler VXL at my door today, and just got word my HK Lipo's and charger just got in stock and have been shipped. Just need to dremel the batt tray, replace connectorsand Im good to go! Lookin forward to joining your ranks soon
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 AM
momogt

why 2 sets of rear tires and not a set of front and a set of rear
Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: momogt

why 2 sets of rear tires and not a set of front and a set of rear
I think he means two sets of fronts, which will give you a larger off set in the rear of the truck making it much more stable. So when you order tires, get to sets of front wheels and the tires you like.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: momogt

will the jato anaconda 2.8 wheels and tires fit a rustler xl5 i want to buy a rustler and have it for on road
Yes, they can fit on there with out a problem.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
jbrobertsonjr

no the front have the bearing in them u need 2 sets of rears rustler front end is different are u running hexes on the front, the difference is the jato for which these tires where made has bearing on the front the rustler has hexes up front so u need 2 sets of rears now u see what i am saying
Old 05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
momogt

well i went on traxxas web site and found the anaconda wheel and tire combo i needed for the rustler at least i got the product number and ordered them off ebay
Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
warheadforever

no the front have the bearing in them u need 2 sets of rears rustler front end is different are u running hexes on the front, the difference is the jato for which these tires where made has bearing on the front the rustler has hexes up front so u need 2 sets of rears now u see what i am saying
Sir that is on the Nitro Rustler, believe me, I own the electric Rustler it has hex's on all four wheels and I have taking apart a Nitro Rustler and it has the strait pin.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Mufasa_719

ORIGINAL: warheadforever

Sir that is on the Nitro Rustler, believe me, I own the electric Rustler it has hex's on all four wheels and I have taking apart a Nitro Rustler and it has the strait pin.

Yup my pede is the same way hexes all around. On the electrics they use hexes front and rear. fronts have an off set to compensate for the shorter front arms.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Mufasa_719

ORIGINAL: urgeone

Here are some pics of the 1/8 Rustler. I handles like a champ!

That looks nice and I would like to try somthing like this with my pede.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM
jbrobertsonjr

thats what i am saying i own a rustler vxl ,jato ,stampede, schumacher menace ,mgt 8.0, schumacher 21 xtr,rc8b, when those tires came out they were for the jato , but what i was trying to do was keep him from ordering the wrong set, for the jato the front on the jato is different .
Old 05-15-2010, 01:51 AM
momogt

hi guys im good just go to traxxas .com they have a anaconda wheel and tire set for the rustler they are different part number then the jato
Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
warheadforever

thats what i am saying i own a rustler vxl ,jato ,stampede, schumacher menace ,mgt 8.0, schumacher 21 xtr,rc8b, when those tires came out they were for the jato , but what i was trying to do was keep him from ordering the wrong set, for the jato the front on the jato is different .
LOL I just figured out the problem here.....I am talking about getting Rustler fonts, and putting them on, not the Jato wheels. LOL [X(][:-]
Old 05-16-2010, 04:42 PM
cbaumler

Took the rustlers out camping with us this weekend. Found an almost perfect natural ramp bordering a gravel lot with a transition down toward a river/beach.

Kinda had to tell, but I'm guessing it's about 35-40 feet of air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gkhr8ySGOE

Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Mufasa_719

ORIGINAL: cbaumler

Took the rustlers out camping with us this weekend. Found an almost perfect natural ramp bordering a gravel lot with a transition down toward a river/beach.

Nice clip with the backflip
Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 PM
urgeone

nice jump
Old 05-17-2010, 12:26 PM
birdman1968

Anyone running 3s LiPo in their Rustler VXL's ???

Ihave been running 2S 35 C , and I am jonesing for more speed .

Gonna pick up a 3s today . Not sure how I am going to fit it in ??? Anyone have a good way to fit a 3S in to the Rustler ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.