Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:03 PM
fusebmx13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

it may be titanium. That is hard to bend. Trust me. But it sparks lol. I still have one left, i will sell it for 30 shipped. PM me if interested.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
j.m.

it's probably steel. It looks kinda rusty. Titanium doesn't rust.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Frank88888888

ORIGINAL: j.m.

it's probably steel. It looks kinda rusty. Titanium doesn't rust.
yea i believe it is steel not too sure about it though
Old 08-05-2008, 05:46 PM
fusebmx13

well is it heavy lol. Its steel. Titanium is light, almost as light as aluminum and is just as strong as steel.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
j.m.

titanium is twice as heavy as aluminum. Literally.

Iron (steel, just a tad heavier) is just as heavy as titanium, so steel and titanium are about the same weight, if not steel actually being a touch lighter.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
fusebmx13

uh no im pretty sure you are wrong. I work with metal every day, my dads a machinist. Titanium is lighter than steel, a little heavier than aluminum but not much. Titanium is so hard to work with cause it is so hard. It is hard to drill, it eats drill bits, and it is very hard to bend.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

I am going to make a wheelie bar but i only have aluminum which bends pretty easily
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Redvanmafia

My stampedes driveshafts are waring out at the pins. its not to bad now but theres slack, but at one time i herd the CVD's limit shock travel is this true?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

My stampedes driveshafts are waring out at the pins. its not to bad now but theres slack, but at one time i herd the CVD's limit shock travel is this true?
Maybe your thinking of CVD's but the driveshafts don't really have the pins like the CVD's do. You're probably talking about the little ball between the yolk and the shaft, or maybe the screw that goes into the output yolk. Expect some wear on those, they are plastic. Metal can eventually wear down plastic, and that's what's happening. As long as you don't notice a performance difference or a sound change, you should be good. CVD's are known to limit shock travel, but that has only really been proven with the MIP CVD's. It's fair to say that other CVD's might be better built and might not have the design flaws that are present in the MIP model. I would stick with stock if it's been working for you. Another option would be the Jato driveshafts. Either way, I have never had a problem with any of the stock shafts and unless your constantly stripping them, I see no further reason to upgrade.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

My pede is coming in a few hours and i just want to know what exactly needs to be done to the chassis to let sxs packs fit( i only have sxs packs)But the pede will be here soon so
Old 08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
streetracer745

You will just need to stick the battery in there and see how much needs to be taken off each side. Sand it down untill it fits snug in there.

And no fuse the motor sparking isn't good. It does it at first when your first running in the motor, and it does it when the motor(atleast the comm or brushes) are getting worn out. when they are in good condition the motor shouldn't spark at all. And if it does it shouldn't be much. Wit hthe titans being somewhat low RPM they won't spark really... Just do what AD said. It will tell you exactly what is wrong...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:00 AM
j.m.

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

uh no im pretty sure you are wrong. I work with metal every day, my dads a machinist. Titanium is lighter than steel, a little heavier than aluminum but not much. Titanium is so hard to work with cause it is so hard. It is hard to drill, it eats drill bits, and it is very hard to bend.
The atomic weight of aluminum is 26.9
The atomic weight of titanium is 47.8
The atomic weight of iron is 55.8

Steel is lighter than iron.

Aluminum is just about half the weight of titanium, which is about the same weight as iron. SO< titanium and steel are pretty much the same weight.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Frank88888888

ORIGINAL: j.m.

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

The atomic weight of aluminum is 26.9
The atomic weight of titanium is 47.8
The atomic weight of iron is 55.8

Steel is lighter than iron.

Aluminum is just about half the weight of titanium, which is about the same weight as iron. SO< titanium and steel are pretty much the same weight.
Lol did i cause all of this metal talk with my mystery metal wheelie bar
Old 08-06-2008, 12:17 PM
streetracer745

Yeh I think you did. So I am planning on buying a 6s from a guy to cut down into 3 2s packs or else buying two Yeah racing packs SOON. Maybe... If so my 4s speed pede will come to life!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
MTpockets

ORIGINAL: streetracer745

MTpockets - If your running 3s on vxl and are doing ONLY speed runs. No hard launches or anything. You can gear it a lot! I ran mine on a 30/70 with 2.2 road rages on maxamps 3s lipo and vxl. It was insanely fast.
wow, 30/70. the highest ie gone so far is 26/76 and it was pretty fast. did you happen to get any numbers off of that run?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
derekjodrey

Hey guys im somewhat new to the stampede i have a 96 arr i have it all running but havnt played with it for quite a while so i am going to try to get it going again. I was wondering what all i need to do to convert my wheels to ball bearings and what the best method of widening the front end is? Any info will be greatly appriciated. also if you can give a list of parts for these things.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:18 PM
1maxdude

Titanium is way lighter than steel. You can't just say steel is lighter than iron??? What kind of steel? Steels are mostly iron and very small amounts of other stuff. Steel is iron, a little bit of carbon, and whatever else you want tossed in. If you want to know if something is titanium or steel,put a magnet on it. Generally speeking the density of steel is about 1.77 times that of titanium alloys.

2"x3"x8" block of steel would weigh approx. 13.6#, if it were titanium it would be approx. 7.68#

You can't go off atomic weights to argue that titanium is remotely close to being the same weight as steel. There's a lot more going on than just raw base elements when it comes to titanium and even ferrous alloys. Alot of your titanium out there has aluminium and vanadium alloyed with titanium as a base. Alot of your steels have chromium,moly,nickel,silicon,hell you name it, its in there.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:27 PM
streetracer745

ORIGINAL: MTpockets

MTpockets - If your running 3s on vxl and are doing ONLY speed runs. No hard launches or anything. You can gear it a lot! I ran mine on a 30/70 with 2.2 road rages on maxamps 3s lipo and vxl. It was insanely fast.
wow, 30/70. the highest ie gone so far is 26/76 and it was pretty fast. did you happen to get any numbers off of that run?
No I didn't get any numbers. And its not a gearing you can just run normally. To run and bash regularly I run a 30/84... This was solid speed runs. Easing onto the throttle and all... Temps were high after only a few runs and every now and then it would just stop from overload protection. I don't know speeds, but I had both front and back tires ballooning up so that they were pancakes. The video I am listing isn't my truck, but imagine about that much ballooning front and back out of road rage tires and thats what I saw... And it takes a lot of space to do this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2jKoNtDOHY
Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Frank88888888

I went to run my pede today and idk what happened but it started making a rather weird noise sounded like a striped gear, but different, almost like a claking noise. I actually thought i was dragging something or hitting my wheels with something but nope. I'm going to take the dif apart tomorrow and see whats going on[:@] on the bright side the wheelie bar worked very well and i got some decent pics of my pede on top of my car

BTW: about what metal it is it isnt too heavy, and it does attract magnets, sorry i dont have a scale sensitive enough to weigh it for you guys[:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49448.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1005735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37531.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1005736  
Old 08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
streetracer745

is the "clanking noise" comming from the tranny? Checked the rest of the driveline? Thats a firebird right? Your real car. Or is it Trans am?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Frank88888888

is the "clanking noise" comming from the tranny? Checked the rest of the driveline? Thats a firebird right? Your real car. Or is it Trans am?
Yea i'm pretty sure its coming from the tranny cause i checked both wheels i even took them off to check it i also held the hexs (the part that connects the drive shaft to the rim itself)and accelerated to see if it would move and it didn't have the strength to move the hexes when i was holding them, so I'm guessing its a striped dif since its the only plastic gear left, either way il take a closer look tomorrow. Yea it is a 2000 firebird not trans am(those were to expensive for the budget at the time )
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
fusebmx13

You will just need to stick the battery in there and see how much needs to be taken off each side. Sand it down untill it fits snug in there.

And no fuse the motor sparking isn't good. It does it at first when your first running in the motor, and it does it when the motor(atleast the comm or brushes) are getting worn out. when they are in good condition the motor shouldn't spark at all. And if it does it shouldn't be much. Wit hthe titans being somewhat low RPM they won't spark really... Just do what AD said. It will tell you exactly what is wrong...
oh lol i did see sparks more when i put in new brushes. But i dont care cause im not using brushed anymore lol. I will never go back anyways. I didnt know that that was bad though learn something new every day.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
streetracer745

No sparks aren't completely bad. It just means you have brand new or worn out brushes. Once the comm and brushes set properly, the sparks shrink or stop. Once they wear out so far, the sparks come back... The motor is still fine for a while, its just performance wont be as great
Old 08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Frank88888888

No sparks aren't completely bad. It just means you have brand new or worn out brushes. Once the comm and brushes set properly, the sparks shrink or stop. Once they wear out so far, the sparks come back... The motor is still fine for a while, its just performance wont be as great
Come to think of it when i broke my titan stocker i saw sparks before it completely stopped working, and im with you fuse once i went brushless I'm never going back
Old 08-06-2008, 08:47 PM
fusebmx13

maybe that explains all my problems haha [>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.