Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:37 AM
EvaderAnubis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

I was curious if anyone has any insite on the following motors and how they compare for a standard Evader BX, I'm looking for something with more punch than the Photon. I'm also hoping to go 7 cells soon with 3300s or higher

Team Orion 21T Double Method R Motor
Tower Hobbies Speed Stocker 27T Racing Motor
and the Trinity P2K2

I was also curious if anyone did the conversion that lighthorse did back on pgs 19 and 20 where he put the front ST tires on the BX. I'm more interested in offroad use instead of the on-road he used them for.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:46 PM
cheech4

ok where do we start. money how much money are you willing to spend... all those motors are good, but there are better.... example theres the quad mag 19t everybody here like them... then theres the revolution motors from team orion. a bit more pricey but its a motor that has lots of power and less to maintain. As far as the conversion i know you can put the ST wheels on the BX cuz i tried it myself but the ST front wheels wont fit the BX...Again about the motors tell us whats ur limit on spending for a motor and we will give you our choices.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Doahh

Well my evader sold... and it's going to a fellow forum member =) I'll try and find his name
Old 07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Doahh

His account name:
drbunsen
Old 07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
cheech4

so are you planning to buy something esle?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Doahh

Nah... I needed to pay off my ICE and Novak N-Box
Old 07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
EvaderAnubis

woops... sorry... should have gone into more detail but I was kinda assuming the motors I listed would kinda give you a price range . I'm looking at less than $30 and using the stock ESC (and then hopefully save up and go brushless in a year or so), then maybe have enough $$ left over to get some 7-cells soon. I just want something with a little more speed to bash with and start practicing on the local track. However, the less maintanance Orion sounds has peaked my interest

As for the wheels... on [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3856726/mpage_19/key_/tm.htm]page 19[/link] lighthorse has pics of his BX pro with the ST front wheels (second post from the bottom)... and on [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3856726/mpage_20/key_/tm.htm]page 20[/link] he said all you need to do is change the BX front knuckle arm to the STs. Of course he races street so I'm not sure how well it would hold up to offroad use
Old 07-05-2006, 03:30 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: EvaderAnubis

I was curious if anyone has any insite on the following motors and how they compare for a standard Evader BX, I'm looking for something with more punch than the Photon. I'm also hoping to go 7 cells soon with 3300s or higher

Team Orion 21T Double Method R Motor
Tower Hobbies Speed Stocker 27T Racing Motor
and the Trinity P2K2

I was also curious if anyone did the conversion that lighthorse did back on pgs 19 and 20 where he put the front ST tires on the BX. I'm more interested in offroad use instead of the on-road he used them for.

Thanks for the help guys.

I like the Orion Method R 21 X 2 myself. They have good speed and power for the price and are much better than the Photon motor and don't cost an arm and a leg like some do, you can actually afford to have a couple spares at only $17.00 each.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:54 PM
cheech4

ok for that price range i like these------[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJBX8&P=0[/link],, and this[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJAK6&P=0[/link],, and this[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJBY9&P=0[/link]and this[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRR49&P=0[/link]and this[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVJ2&P=0[/link].... any of those are really good for that price range
Old 07-05-2006, 05:02 PM
mrevader

Im with you chaos Im sick of everybody puting evaders down all my friends do it and i hate it. My uncle has a b4 and he breaks more parts than i do the evaders are tuff well madecars. I think that the olny reason you dont see duratrax at the big races is because they dont sponser any one.But on to my question, what is a good ride height for my BX?And my 3 STs that are mine,my brothers,and grandfathers should it be the same ride height?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
cheech4

I totally agree with you, like i have said many times, i have crashed, tumbled and flipped both my evaders, and i have broke very few parts. Its all up to the driver it doesnt matter if you have an evader, a t4 or b4, or a XXXt . drive it well and it will last you, drive it carelessly and things are bound to break.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: mrevader

Im with you chaos Im sick of everybody puting evaders down all my friends do it and i hate it. My uncle has a b4 and he breaks more parts than i do the evaders are tuff well madecars. I think that the olny reason you dont see duratrax at the big races is because they dont sponser any one.But on to my question, what is a good ride height for my BX?And my 3 STs that are mine,my brothers,and grandfathers should it be the same ride height?

Usually I set my ride hieght just high enough that it doesn't bottom out so different conditions = different ride hieghts. On sand it's almost as high as it will go & on pavement as low as possible.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:28 PM
cheech4

ok got my new servo and installed it in my BX. soldered the antenna on the spektrum RX cuz it was loose, BUT always that famous word, I STILL HAVE THAT PROBLEM... looking at it closer while i had it on the lift and playing with it the rx actually shuts off. the light turns off thats when it goes crazy... i tested the fail safe again buy using the throttle and then shutting off the radio and the fail safe works. ok to give you a better idea whats going on i will explain.... i would throttle throttle throttle throttle throttle just like that on and off on and off. then out no where the rx's light shuts off and it goes nuts. throws itself in reverse and it will stay in reverse hard till the light comes back on. it could be in reverse for a second or about 15 seconds, really dpends how much juice is in the battery... and no its not the batteries being dead cuz it does it also when they are fresh, and thats how i broke my damn servo and toe blocks.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:22 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

That sure sounds like an intermittent power interruption. Sounds to me like it is shutting off and going into failsafe. Do you have a on/off switch on your ESC? If so, when you have it on can you wiggle it, tap it or anything, to try to duplicate the problem?
Wait-a-minute, if you are loosing power from the ESC to the Rx the failsafe wouldn't work anyway.
[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif] Ron

I hope someone has a better idea
Old 07-06-2006, 04:44 PM
cheech4

yes i have a swtich on the ESC. i will try to tap wiggle everything on the car thats electric,, the receiver the ESC, switch wires... But its not coming from the ESC cuz i have another RX from spektrum the original that came with the TX which is in the silvader... I did the switcharoo and the BX was fine. i dont think its the failsafe cuz raz asked me to test, i used the throttle then while its on throttle i shut the TX off and the car stopped and didnt go nuts the fail safe worked... anyway im stepping out for a few hours, if anyone could help me here or give me advice on what to do that will be great... or else its going in for service and hopefully they will fix it.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM
raz54

4 stroken ron is right, if the esc is losing power the fail safe won't work. That will only shut the car down if the tx stops sending a signal. I really think you should send that rx in to Horizon, it might be a lot cheaper than fixing a run-away buggy all the time.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:58 PM
4wd13

I've had my evader for 4years. it was my first truck. now it's not competitive anymore. so its time to say goodbye... its selling for 150 on this sites buy and sell.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Mustang019

Hey I own an evader ST and I got a prob. I don't get it why but it cant get the engine power to the wheel. I check the diff setting and it's very tight, I even open the diff to check if any gear are broken. Nothing. And I check the Slipper setting and it's also very tight. But when I do a full power start, the clutch slip on the start and there's no power to the wheel. ( When I watch closely the spur gear spin very fast but theirs no power to the wheel).

Somebody can help me here, thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 09:54 PM
LiL Richy

Do the Losi XXT wheels fit the evader?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: Mustang019

Hey I own an evader ST and I got a prob. I don't get it why but it cant get the engine power to the wheel. I check the diff setting and it's very tight, I even open the diff to check if any gear are broken. Nothing. And I check the Slipper setting and it's also very tight. But when I do a full power start, the clutch slip on the start and there's no power to the wheel. ( When I watch closely the spur gear spin very fast but theirs no power to the wheel).

One of the pins that fit into the wheel slot may be broke, I had the same thing happen a while back
Old 07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
EVADERCHAOS

ORIGINAL: Mustang019

lol Is the little metal piece seated into the slot in the wheel? That is your problem right there.

Cheech4~ There is a guy selling a P2K2 Pro and regular P2K2 on The**RC**Zone for like $45.
EDIT: For both of them.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 PM
EVADERCHAOS

Since my post was deleted: Cheech4 I will send you a message on Myspace about some P2K2 Motors for sale at a very good pice.

Make sure the little metal pin is seated in the slot in the wheel

lol Raz posted the same time as me.

Anywho Raz will you post some pics of your body again? I want to see your paint scheme.[8D]
Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 PM
6speednissan

Hey guys, what are quick change wheels? I found some guy selling a bunch of quick change and non quick change wheels. They are Losi wheels, so I am assuming the non quick change ones will work ok for sure.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 PM
cheech4

i did the tapping wiggling everything seems fine, im just left sending back the rx to horizon for service, hopefully it wont cost me an arm and a leg. and yes the xxt losi wheels will fit the evader.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:53 PM
raz54

here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27484.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	488084  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.