Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:09 PM
rcmaster103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

That thing is pimp man!!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:20 AM
EVADERCHAOS

I still love your 'Vader Brad.
One of the best ever assembled.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
dylan0123

How the heck did you get the body like that? I guess it might be the regular one, just painted different, I'm not used to looking at them. It looks like the body has different parts sticking out. I like it a lot. How much $$$ have you put into it? Just curious. That's cool
Old 09-04-2006, 01:33 AM
dylan0123

Shoot, I accidentally double posted. How do I delete this? I feel smart right about now.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Thanks guys!

Its a XX-T CROWD PLEASER! body, i donno if proline makes em any more![&o]

Ummm in the car it self, probs 1100, and in all the parts every boughten for it, from day one about 4800-5000, (canadian dollars)
Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 AM
EVADERCHAOS

Haha I saw 1100 and was like "LIAR!"

But then I read the 4k-5k part.

What was your car's top speed again 49mph?
What motor did you run then? I forgot..lol
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Ive had it purrty up there!, 68mph, witha Trinity cobalt 8T on 10 cells with a novak super rooster, geared 2 the mooon 27/87, when i was all about having the fastest car and all that, i was trying 2 see if i could get my evader going as fast as this one guys XXX-T he ran a high end BL on 10 cells and he was Runnin 75MPH, but now my current set up! (well when it was working) neo 1 (9t) and lrp esc, on 7 cells, geared 20/88, ive layed down a 49.6mph

I usally dont run 20/88 its usally 18-19/93, never had it GPSed with this gearing!, But i do say It's Wickly fast, but thats parta the reason its all ways having tranny problems![X(][&o]
Old 09-04-2006, 03:40 PM
dylan0123

Thanks cjg, i got the dang screw undone using the method you told me about.

I currently am using the stock front rims with gladiator buggy tires, and caved-in rear rims with pro-line bow tie Truck tires.

Do you guys think it would be dumb to copy neosphere's wheel/tire setup onto my bx?

It sort of defeats the whole purpose of it being a buggy, right? It'll be more like a stadium truck.
I just really like the look of them.

If I put on the Hpi Bonz tires and Rpm Talonz, how much would the handling change? Would it increase or decrease handling?

Would I have to modify the rims in order to get them to fit on my evader bx's axles?

I guess I could go with the rpm talonz on the back tires and use some kind of crome buggy front tires or something.

What do you guys think?
Thanks for the help.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
JMHZ2401

I have some questions on my motor/motors. About 3 weks ago I bought a Speed Gems pro motor 19t. Every since putting it in it was slower than the stock 20t motor. I played with gearing and was even running the same gearing as stock, but still slower. The other night I put the stock motor back in with the same gear as was on the Speed Gems. It is fast again, well faster then it was. Today I was going to clean the Speed Gems motor and adjust the timing and try it again. When I pulled the brushes out one of them was almost gone, and the other worn down pretty good as well. My question is why did these brushes wear soo fast, and my stock motor has more runs and still on the stock brushes, with much more life. The stock motor had more off-road runs than the speed gems motor. It has been mainly street driven. Can anyone give any insight on this? Thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 05:19 PM
slimdiggie

Well i got my nastruck today and put in my electronics it ran pretty well if you want i'll put some pictures on here...

slim
Old 09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
JMHZ2401

ORIGINAL: slimdiggie

Well i got my nastruck today and put in my electronics it ran pretty well if you want i'll put some pictures on here...

slim
Yes lets see some pictures.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

dylan0123 HPI! bonz tires Will give u insane traction there super soft, (ware out a lil quickly) But will give u awesome traction!, but if u put thoes kinda rims and tires on ur buggy u'll need 2 gear down cause there much bigger and way more then the tires on UR bx, but they'd make ur buggy handle more like an st, and it will be able 2 handle ruffer terrian easyer with out gettin outta shape with the Stock or buggy tires u have! And RPM talonz rims R jus sick!
Old 09-04-2006, 07:59 PM
slimdiggie

Here is my Truck

I think I am going to change the bodie sometime along but, this will work for now. While I get down driving the damn thing. I have to practice running 8sec laps and nothing less. HEY SOME PART OF THE EVADER IS STILL WITH ME SPEED CONTROL AND RECIEVER!!

slim
Old 09-04-2006, 09:10 PM
JMHZ2401

So there is no real tranny in that thing? Looks cool.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:59 AM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

that purrty wild man!, i like it! i dont think there is its Direct drive,
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 AM
raz54

Looks cool slimdiggie but get rid of those tamyia connectors.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 AM
dylan0123

Thanks Neosphere.

If I were to use the talonz and hpi bonz tires and I raced against other buggies, would I have any kind of advantage or disadvantage over them in handling/steering/jumping ability?

Which of these rims should I get/which ones fit on my bx:

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEW18&P=WR]RPM Talonz Chrome Associated Trucks (2)[/link]

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEW30&P=7]RPM Talonz 3-Spoke Rear Chrome XXT (2)[/link]

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEW32&P=7]RPM Talonz 3-Spoke Front Chrome XXT (2)[/link] ?

Will these tires fit on the both the front and rear rims?: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDU13&P=ML]Pro-Line Dirt Hawg I 2.2 Front/Rear Buggy[/link]

Thank you for the help.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Your going 2 want 2 use the Losi XX-T chrome front and rear rims!, they fit on the evader st, Or ur Bx for instance!, ur buggy would handle ruff stuff better then normal buggy tires and rims that arm small and not wide, and im sure u could squeeze a couple more mph outta ur BX, because of the bigger tire size, but even that there not big big tires so they wont need much gear reduction mabey 1 tooth!, or probs nuttin at all!, u'll obviously loose a little accleration!, cause there bigger!, but u probs wont notice it at all, and u'll be able 2 go a little bit faster! and dylan my man!, IT'LL LOOK AWESOME! Oh and the steering might not be as fast or as sharpe, because there a little heavyer so im sure ur servo will have a harder time pushing them around, but im sure u wont notice that much, but u might notice the difference in the shrapness of the turning when u switch 2 thoes wheels sence there bigger and wider, it might not turn as sharpe, but it wont be a big diffrence!, u probs might not even notice that either, the diffrences in steering and such will be very minimal!, so theys no problem with that!, Over all i say do it!, IT'LL LOOK AWESOME! and u'll get higher ground clearance, so a lil higher Center of gravity, but again Minimal!, unless ur in the A-MAINS!, and stuff like that were the littest things matter!, There's pro's and con's i say more pro's then cons tho!, So i say Go ahead and do it!, and thoes tires u listed are buggy tires!, they will not fit on 2.2 staitum truck wheels, they're 2 low profile and there 2 skinny, so they will not fit, but thoes tires will sure fit on ur normal buggy tires!, u need 2.2 truck tires 2 fit on 2.2 truck wheels!

U might need Evader St Front spindals!, thats what the wheels ride on, cause on the Bx there not as wide as the ST cause the ST uses bigger tires, and the Bx uses smaller skinnyer tires, so the spindals on the Bx r shorter!, so im sure u'll need new front evader st spindals, they will fit right in!, and im sure the backs fine u can jus drop on ur 2.2!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
EVADERCHAOS

Hahaha chill out brad. dang always so excited in your posts.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Sorry guys!, im jus a ina good mood like usual!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:36 PM
cjg

ORIGINAL: JMHZ2401

I have some questions on my motor/motors. About 3 weks ago I bought a Speed Gems pro motor 19t. Every since putting it in it was slower than the stock 20t motor. I played with gearing and was even running the same gearing as stock, but still slower. The other night I put the stock motor back in with the same gear as was on the Speed Gems. It is fast again, well faster then it was. Today I was going to clean the Speed Gems motor and adjust the timing and try it again. When I pulled the brushes out one of them was almost gone, and the other worn down pretty good as well. My question is why did these brushes wear soo fast, and my stock motor has more runs and still on the stock brushes, with much more life. The stock motor had more off-road runs than the speed gems motor. It has been mainly street driven. Can anyone give any insight on this? Thanks
Brushes come in different compounds. The softer brushes make the motor go faster, but wear quicker. Harder brushes last longer, but aren't quite as fast. Check the Trinity website for information and suggestions. Also, heavier brush springs will go faster, but again, wear brushes quicker. Try a medium brush spring.

Try the Reedy 19t motor. You will really like it and seems to wear well.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

I second the reedy quad mag 19t motor, its a brilliant machine, its fast lots of torque!, jus an over all awesome 19T motor i agree with CJG, u could go with a trinity, but from my experianced with there motors its all garbage![X(]
Old 09-05-2006, 07:11 PM
cjg

I've run my reedy quad 19t on my stock evader esc (not pro) for 2 years without any problems, even though the esc is only rated to 20t. I must have gotten a good esc, as some have had problems with theirs, even with stock motors.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Shmoke_fatsk
Banned

Yeah u got a good esc, my stock 20T sprint, had a harder time runnin the 19T, well when it was jus easy driving and light jumps and off roading it was fine, the esc heated up abit!, not so much tho!, still ran good, but, if u ran it hard!, hittin big jumps big 300ft speed runs!, and runnin thru grass without a break on the throttle, it'd shut down on me!, it'd beep, and the red light would blink, and the esc would be hot (not stupid stupid hot) mabey 150-160, and it'd run real real slow, walking speed, till u gave it a break then when the temp went back down it'd run fine again!, u can go all day!, if u wanted u jus has 2 watch what u were doing!,
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
JMHZ2401

ORIGINAL: cjg

ORIGINAL: JMHZ2401

Brushes come in different compounds. The softer brushes make the motor go faster, but wear quicker. Harder brushes last longer, but aren't quite as fast. Check the Trinity website for information and suggestions. Also, heavier brush springs will go faster, but again, wear brushes quicker. Try a medium brush spring.

Try the Reedy 19t motor. You will really like it and seems to wear well.
Thanks. I'm really considering getting a new motor. I will get new brushes, and try it with the timing increased to see how it runs, but my stock motor is running strong right now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.