Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

New TA04 and TT01

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New TA04 and TT01

Will do. So far they've been holding up pretty good. I did get a pebble stuck in one the other day but again could instantly notice the difference in sound so I stopped the car and removed it before it had time to damage anything.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 AM
drevil

ORIGINAL: rampitnow
keep us posted on how well the belts keep from fouling on unprepped parking lots
A little update on the belts. I've been running this on various parking lots, some with alot of gravel, some with very little. Overall I've been having good luck with them. Usually if something gets caught in the belt I can instantly hear and feel the difference so I get to it before it has time to do much damage. However I did have an incident a few weeks ago where I was running it in a parking lot that had alot of gravel/pebbles and one did get caught under the rear diff chewing a big chuck out of the rear belt.

Here's a picture of the chuck that was torn out of the rear belt. The belt still works fine though with no signs of letting go.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:17 AM
drevil

Updates: Other than the rear belt being damaged the TA04 is still as it was the last time. However the TT01 has undergone some mods.

First off the wheels/tires. For whatever reason I'm still running the stock tires on the TA04, but the tires on the TT01 wore out after the first weekend. To replace them I found a set of Orion tires that were too cheap to pass up and this time I got my brother a much harder compound. Because they're D compound (no they're not drift tires) they definitely don't have the grip the stockers did, but on hot asphalt they work pretty well for our purposes. Unfortunately while trying to boil the old tires off, the Enzo wheels completely warped! [>:]

After a trip to the hobby shop my brother wound up with these HPI wheels.

During a trip to the local hobby shop my brother got this motor heatsink/fan combo. For only $10 it works pretty well. It's wired up so whenever he has his receiver switch turned on the fan runs. When we first got it the fan was setup to suck air away from the motor, but it seemed much more effective with the motor blowing cool air over the motor/heatsink so we flipped it over.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:24 AM
drevil

Worlds biggest ESC heatsink! LOL There was always something that annoyed me about the Tamiya ESC, and thats the fact that it has no heatsink other than what seems to be a small piece of stamped steel. After spotting this heatsink in an old computer I was about to trash I came up with the idea to mate the two. A little heatsink compound and silicone glue to hold it in place and we've got what you see here, a large very effective heatsink. The steel piece on the ESC used to get hot enough that you couldn't hold your finger on it for more than a second, however with the heatsink in place it's usually just warm to the touch.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:34 AM
drevil

Since the Enzo no longer had its wheels, and the Enzo body had seen better days my brother decided it was time for a new lid. He decided on a Protoform Chevy Silverado pickup truck body. The idea for the paint scheme came from a body I had painted nearly fourteen years ago for a long gone Tamiya Bullhead.

The Enzo body. It's still usable for racing I guess.

The Chevy Silverado

Another of the Silverado. Pay no attention to the speckles on the front bumper, that's just noise on the image.

BTW the Silverado came with wing oddly enough. After cutting it out and painting it we felt it was much too large so we ended up making a small Nastruck style spoiler (pictured) out of a strip of lexan.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:40 AM
drevil

One more...
Old 07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Frozen72

Wow that Enzo is NICE that is my dream car and after seeing this thread I might run out and get a TT-01.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 PM
drevil

ORIGINAL: Frozen072
Wow that Enzo is NICE that is my dream car and after seeing this thread I might run out and get a TT-01.
Thanks. If you can try to get the one with the finished body, it's a real beauty.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 PM
drevil

Update: I got yet another pebble stuck in my rear belt. Below is a picture of the carnage. I've since ordered new "low friction" belts on ebay and made a small lexan cover for the rear diff. Hopefully it'll keep the majority of pebbles out. I'll post pics of the cover when I get the new belt installed.

EDIT: Here's a shot I took of the lexan diff cover I made. It's definitely not going to keep everything out, but it seems to be doing it's job of keeping most pebbles from getting in there.