Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Beater Builds Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
fusebmx13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Beater Builds Thread

So today i went to the hobby shop and got some new stuff for my pede. Not much but some. I got Jato drive shafts and vxl stub axles and yokes. I have heard taht they are stronger so i just got them anyway. My friend just got a vxl rustler and he is using a 3s lipo for it. It is so fast i cant believe it.
I think that i am going to be getting a vxl motor for my pede. I felt the vxl after running on 3s (not a long run but some) and it was so cool.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

The Beater Build Continues!!!!!

Yesterday I recived in the mail

-rpm blue arms(all around)

-rpm blue wide front bumper

-duratrax flashpoint temp guage

-all steel tranny

unfortunitaly I cant post pics becuase I was taping my pede and it glitched on a speed run and nailed the trypod.....my camera is in pieces[sm=cry_smile.gif]...it was awsome but 35 mph hit to the camera did kill it

I am also thinking about getting the vxl motor for my pede because the cm36 does overheat. Do the sidewinder and vxl mix well?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:08 PM
fusebmx13

yes the sidewinder and vxl motor would work fine together and run cooler. Plus you could gear it higher.

The down part is that you will have to change the plugs on it. But thats not hard at all.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:15 PM
SlashBasher

Yeah....changing plugs is easy

get on aim
Old 08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok people, change of plans on the brushless motor. Instead of the Medusa motor, I am going to get an Align 600XL. Its a very powerful motor, 1650 Kv, and sounds like a turbine! (Thanks Ryan (Takedown) for the info). I will be running two 2S Protek 30C 4000 mAh packs in series for a 4S pack. Also using a 28 tooth pinion, should put me right around 40 MPH with crazy torque.

Here is a link to that Align motor - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/10949
Old 08-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

The Beater Build Continues!!!!!

Yesterday I recived in the mail

-rpm blue arms(all around)

-rpm blue wide front bumper

-duratrax flashpoint temp guage

-all steel tranny

unfortunitaly I cant post pics becuase I was taping my pede and it glitched on a speed run and nailed the trypod.....my camera is in pieces[sm=cry_smile.gif]...it was awsome but 35 mph hit to the camera did kill it

I am also thinking about getting the vxl motor for my pede because the cm36 does overheat. Do the sidewinder and vxl mix well?
ya they mix. i don't know about "well..." basically it's a speed control and a motor, they work fine. plus, the SW is tunable, so you can adjust it. no reason to do the combo, the vxl esc is great. i just got one back, and i love it. it's newb proof, and it runs cooler then my Mamba.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

Ok people, change of plans on the brushless motor. Instead of the Medusa motor, I am going to get an Align 600XL. Its a very powerful motor, 1650 Kv, and sounds like a turbine! (Thanks Ryan (Takedown) for the info). I will be running two 2S Protek 30C 4000 mAh packs in series for a 4S pack. Also using a 28 tooth pinion, should put me right around 40 MPH with crazy torque.

Here is a link to that Align motor - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/10949
sweet! how many poles is it?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:30 AM
SlashBasher

ya they mix. i don't know about "well..." basically it's a speed control and a motor, they work fine. plus, the SW is tunable, so you can adjust it. no reason to do the combo, the vxl esc is great. i just got one back, and i love it. it's newb proof, and it runs cooler then my Mamba.
I was doing research and people are saying the sidwinder/vxl motor is the best combo. This is good becuase I have the sidewinder esc already.......i cant decide to get the vxl motor or the 5700 motor. The 5700 goes almost 50mph on a 7cell ni-mh which is awsome so thats the way I am leaning but the vxl stays so cool. Any suggestions?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

Trust me, the Castle motors suck, I have learned for the best (takedown and ben) They know there Snike,
Old 08-25-2008, 10:23 AM
CanTwo

Lookin to get into RC trucks and for what i want to do I have decided that a beater truck would be the best
That brings me to my first of many questions with a budget of 350$ whats the best beater truck i can get, or at least a few good suggestions?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

E-maxx and E-Revo, could be good beaters if your lookin into 4wd, but thats outta your budget, a rustler/bandit/pede vxl's are really durable trucks.

(yeah im a traxxas fan boy yet i don't own a traxxas )
Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 AM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: CanTwo

Lookin to get into RC trucks and for what i want to do I have decided that a beater truck would be the best
That brings me to my first of many questions with a budget of 350$ whats the best beater truck i can get, or at least a few good suggestions?
RUSTLER! or CLOD! LOL Yes, I like Traxxas, and yes they pay me good. (LOL just kidding, they don't) I also like Tamiya, they make the best plastic in the world. LOL
Old 08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

Clod, lol only thing there good for is crawlin,
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
SlashBasher

ORIGINAL: Revotrx3

Clod, lol only thing there good for is crawlin,
I agree....get a vxl pede. 65+mph out of the box with 3s lipo not to mention all of the aftermarket support.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:38 PM
CanTwo

stampede vxl or e-maxx?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stampede vxl or e-maxx?

I read your first post and you are looking for a beater truck...... well, no truck is a beater truck in stock form. To qualify as a beater truck, you need some durability upgrades for it, such as RPM arms or aluminum parts or something. So just so you know, to prevent other people from just posting stock trucks, don't post your new RC in here until you have some durability upgrades for it.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
SlashBasher

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

stampede vxl or e-maxx?

I read your first post and you are looking for a beater truck...... well, no truck is a beater truck in stock form. To qualify as a beater truck, you need some durability upgrades for it, such as RPM arms or aluminum parts or something. So just so you know, to prevent other people from just posting stock trucks, don't post your new RC in here until you have some durability upgrades for it.

This is true...get the stampede vxl and get rpm arms and bumper....also shock towers maybe. Then it will be a beater
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Always Dreamin

Here is my beater with dyed black wheels, and some new stuff.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:46 PM
SlashBasher

Looks sweet!.....2.4ghz?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:26 PM
fusebmx13

looks pretty sick. Yea the gt2 box is nice, i have it in my truck. I wouldnt want anything happening to my 100 dollar receiver. But it might be a bad idea for you to tuck all the antenna in the box. Its not a good idea to bend up the antenna. I just got an antenna tube and heated it up and bent it so that it will tuck under my body nicely.

Getting a new battery soon, maxamps shipped it out today. I got the 6000 2s. I need to get a vxl motor also. But i dont know how hard it is to gear those motors. I guess i will just gear it with what i have then if its cool i can gear up and go from there.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
SlashBasher

Fuse you getting a new car or are just going to keep upgrading the pede? Also does you sidewinder cog? Mine cogs so bad
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
fusebmx13

Fuse you getting a new car or are just going to keep upgrading the pede? Also does you sidewinder cog? Mine cogs so bad
lol i might be getting a new truck but for now the pede still is my number 1 priority. But my birthday is september 8th so i need to think.

I re-installed my tiebar the other day when i made my pede stock width again. But now my front shocks are to hard so i need to change oil. Im gonna pick up some 35 weight at the hobby shop soon. Or just use 30 for now. I also installed some vxl yokes and jato driveshafts. They work awesome and i am now looking for a cheap stampede roller.

My brother ordered a 3s the other day for his rustler on the 7700 MM lol haha. I cant wait to see this sucker go. He is at college so when he gets it all he is gonna be flying down dorm room halls lol.

I also went to a local school around here the other day and all i gotta say is MAN I LOVE WORN TALONZ!!! My talons didnt get much grip at all so it was so much fun. I could actually drift haha. I think that if i locked my diff it would help also.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 PM
SlashBasher

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

lol i might be getting a new truck but for now the pede still is my number 1 priority. But my birthday is september 8th so i need to think.

I re-installed my tiebar the other day when i made my pede stock width again. But now my front shocks are to hard so i need to change oil. Im gonna pick up some 35 weight at the hobby shop soon. Or just use 30 for now. I also installed some vxl yokes and jato driveshafts. They work awesome and i am now looking for a cheap stampede roller.

My brother ordered a 3s the other day for his rustler on the 7700 MM lol haha. I cant wait to see this sucker go. He is at college so when he gets it all he is gonna be flying down dorm room halls lol.

I also went to a local school around here the other day and all i gotta say is MAN I LOVE WORN TALONZ!!! My talons didnt get much grip at all so it was so much fun. I could actually drift haha. I think that if i locked my diff it would help also.
3s...lol..doesnt it go 65 on a 7cell? btw did you dye you wheels or get vxl black rims?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Man that has to be fun...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 PM
warheadforever

3s...lol..doesnt it go 65 on a 7cell? btw did you dye you wheels or get vxl black rims?
I have a hard enough time keeping it cool on a 6 cell, so I wonder how long it will last on a 3S...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.