Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:57 AM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)

I have sold them all and for what it's worth I'd put a newb into a DTX Evader any day. Much more adjustable than a rustler and who can forget about free stresstech parts for a year? By the way the Evader is for all purposes a Losi XXT. I don't think u can get many people to say that vehicle sucks.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Access

If you wanted a serious thread, you chose the wrong subject-line.

But I don't think anyone's gotten 'riled up' or anything like that over this thread, it's just the usual banter. You can't take it too seriously or play the drama card where there is none. It'll get locked long before that.

Next time, get the videos first and then post, b'cos honestly there's a bunch of posts from people who say "Oh yeah, I'm going to do this, and that, and this, and that" who have never followed up. I for instance won't make a post about a work-in-progress until that work-in-progress is nearing completion, or completion can be practically guaranteed. People just don't really want to hear about what your future plans might be. And understand once you post, you lose control, if you don't want to lose control of the thread, don't post it.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:25 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

well traxxas goes like this...
pros...
awsome CS
the revo is a pretty inovative truck and handels VERY well
lots of parts support
waterproof electrics after the 3905 e-maxx
brushless RTR trucks/ST/buggy avaliable.

cons...
not much inovation went into the rustler/pede/bandit as they are pretty much drag vehicles, i mean yes they are great but they lack a few mod cons like the nitro cars did.

some parts are VERY badly weak and will not survive many crashes at all (pede castor blocks, e-maxx bulkheads, revo carriers)

they are focused on speed and not handeling as such

all of thier cars are 1/10 scale when REALLY the revo 3.3 shuld be classed as a 1/8th.

so they are good and bad...
losi and team associated IMO are the main compeditors, losi are race/basher orientated but do not build their trannys in the electrics as strong as traxxas did with pede/bandit/rustler and the revo and e-maxx.
but losi cars handel loads better!!
team associated make REAL race vehicles and are not usually associated with bashing.
they handel GREAT and are resonably tough too.

so do i like traxxas??
YES!
but do i like some of the crap traxxas makes??
NO! (eg the VXL esc (novak??))

shaun
Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
ElectricGuy007

I was gonna get a slash it's a good truck, and it's popular as heck right now. But I beileve when associated releases the SC10 people will switch over
and you wont see very many slashes anymore. So I'm glad I decided to wait.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:52 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: B44&501xRacerEX
you wont see very many slashes anymore. So I'm glad I decided to wait.
I see more than ever around here. Very popular spec race class.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

I'd spend the time to write something out, but you aren't going to go through with this, so it's a mute point.
Moot, not mute.

Also - I don't see the harm in letting this guy do his comparison. It's just funny to see some folks get all upset about it, calling for the thread to be locked, etc, when all he wants to do is buy a Rustler (that folks here STILL claim is indestructible), and a Firestorm, and compare w/like electronics. Sure, you can't judge an entire brand based on that, but you can get anecdotal insight into E-Firestorm vs. Rusty, which gets debated a lot around here (unfortunately, many times by people who don't actually own both).

*shrug*
Old 01-21-2009, 02:38 PM
djnsayne
My Feedback: (2)

He'll never do it anyway so I guess it's all for naught
Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM
SacramentoJoe

Wow, I thought this kind of thread was reserved for talking about Duratrax.

I find it amusing, not very informative, but entertaining.

Drive more. Offend less.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:55 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

This thread needs to be locked, its just another kid starting a flame war intentionally. It's obvious he has a strong lack of knowledge of R/C's in general, and nothing productive can come of this so 'called' review.
agrred calling traxxas "crapxas" was a really bad move in a bashing forum. Wait to do your review before you call one brand crappy
Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: djnsayne

I have sold them all and for what it's worth I'd put a newb into a DTX Evader any day. Much more adjustable than a rustler and who can forget about free stresstech parts for a year? By the way the Evader is for all purposes a Losi XXT. I don't think u can get many people to say that vehicle sucks.
Yea I agree with that. Taking a racing platform and making it into a basher-you get the handling of the xxt with the chassis and same design, but you get the durability of a basher with heavier parts. Plus, who doesnt want a LOSI?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Krazy Chicken

The Flux system isn't that good :P It's a cheap brushless setup that's the equivalent to a low end mild modified motor, if that. You do know most the speed they create out of that in HPI's cars are from gearing, not from motor power. What actual RC experience do you have to even attempt this type of 'review?' I keep hearing you say 'firestorm' and 'rustler' which are beginner/entry level hobby RC cars.
i thought that the flux systems were mamba systems
Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 PM
mycarisaser

http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100646/

Its an electric savage x with xl drivetrain powerwed by the castle monster 2200 system for 1/8th trucks. 62mph out the box!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

Its an electric savage x with xl drivetrain powerwed by the castle monster 2200 system for 1/8th trucks. 62mph out the box!!!!!!!!
Riggggghhhhhhhhttttttt

Do you believe everything you read?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM
mycarisaser

Well my e-revo will do that and it has the same brushless system in it????
Old 01-21-2009, 08:06 PM
NjBasher

personally traxxas views are right split in the middle. bashers love them cause of their durability and aftermarket support but racers hate them cause there built like tanks so there not per say raceable unless heavy modification is done which in all the time and money invested its just not worth it.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: oday1395

This thread needs to be locked, its just another kid starting a flame war intentionally. It's obvious he has a strong lack of knowledge of R/C's in general, and nothing productive can come of this so 'called' review.
agrred calling traxxas "crapxas" was a really bad move in a bashing forum. Wait to do your review before you call one brand crappy
This is the most basher friendly forum im on! If I would go to another forum like RCTech, everyone would agree with me besdies the people who race Slash!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

^^^^yep, but this isnt RCTeach, lol. What do you thinks gonna happen when you start a thread like this?lol
Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 AM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

Riggggghhhhhhhhttttttt

Do you believe everything you read?
What information on HPI's product description for the Savage Flux do you know to be incorrect?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 AM
electricrcdude

Do you really think that the Rustler goes 70 out of the box? I personally think 62 for the Savage is believable (on 6s, of course).
Old 01-22-2009, 01:46 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: electricrcdude
Do you really think that the Rustler goes 70 out of the box? I personally think 62 for the Savage is believable (on 6s, of course).
Marketing materials from Traxxas and HPI do identify what additional equipment is required to achieve those speeds. For instance in addition to good quality 2X3S LiPos, the 62 MPH for the Savage Flux was achieved on HPI Phatline tires. Sav Flux niether comes out of the box with the LiPos nor the Phatline Tires. Out of the box the Savage Flux will only go as fast as you can push it or roll it downhill!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:46 PM
ElectricGuy007

I would rather have a tamiya, and associated, a losi or HPI and kyosho before Id buy another traxxas, but that's just me.
I'm more race oriented, then bashing I have a few bashers though, like the blackfoot extreme and others.
Those will never hit a racetrack. The E-firestorm and E-savage can do both, quite a few rc's are made like that nowadays.
But if you think im gonna bash something with full carbon fiber on it like the B44, no way, but I had the urge to do it one time.
Actually hit a tree with no damage, the bumper saved me. It was a close call[:-]
Old 01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
MadManAndrew

I'm pretty much HATED at my lhs's for being anti-Traxxas, since Traxxas is pretty big in the DFW area...My dad's business aprtner grew up with Mike, the CEO over at Traxxas, and I'v met him, and seen the inside of the Traxxas HQ, so I'm not being biased here....

The whole reason i got into hobby grade RC is cuz of my Dad's pede. That little thing was awesome, never broke, never took a break, never dissapointed us. But my MAXX is a whole nother story...I guess the MAXX series just had something go wrong, and Traxxas engineers decided to be ignorant to the problems. My EMAXX ran right for a couple days...then started slippin alot...put loctite on it and was fine, then I samshed the bumper skid pplate, etc by hittin a curb...Now the next thing, I guess is kinda to be expected, but, I ran my MAXX into a fence pole full throttle...Bye, Bye front end...Snapped the chassis, and broke the bulk heads, tie rods, A-arms, shock tower, bumper, and a couple other things...Bye Bye MAXX...I waited a couple years for my next, and got a Savage...The Bash King...I'v put that thing through stuff a horror fiction writer couldn't come up eith and its came out sayin "thats all you got?"...Then there's the REVO... Oh revo...You've gotta give nit credit, its the most innovative RC out there, and has more thecnology put into it then is in your PSP...but there not durable for crap...first day, first run, hit a post oing up hill at about 5mph...snapped a turnbuckle...after break-in, went off a ramp exactly 6inches off the ground, at aproximately a 25 degree angle... bent the exhaust amifold!...gravel pile climb...some pebbles got in the spur and stripped it...T-Boned by my Savage, broken Radio box lid, bent chassis, malfunctioning receiver and TRASHED body...floored it, the rear end dropped and hit one of those little dog-tie outs, snapped the rear lower a-arm...hit a car tire, broke the bumper and mount... REPLACED THE ONE WAY BEARING 7 TIMES...SCREW TRAXXAS TOP FUEL...

STampede gets a 10/10...Thats a great truck...
MAXX gets a 4/10, that thing was fast outta the gate but handled like crap...
REVO, 6/10, very innovative, handles great, but is crap in durabbility co mpared to the Savage or Pede...

Thats a 6.6~ outta 10 average for Traxxas through my experience...
Old 01-25-2009, 01:00 AM
ElectricGuy007

I couldnt get my E-maxx to stay together also, so I traded it off a while back.
The first rustlers that came out were trash also, the new ones are much better.
But yeah pedes are tough as nails always have been, and the new slash is a tank (since it's based off the pede).
I have not seen hardly anyone break one, almost impossible.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Straick

I have 4 RC's that I routinely run, and from my own experience, no review will be truly "unbiased", unless you get reviews from a bunch of people, have someone not already in RC put them all together to get an "average", and then post that. Also, you can't base an entire company review based on one car. I have(and regularly abuse) one of the original 2.5 Revo's. That thing takes loads of abuse at my hands and the power of an OS18TM, and keeps coming back for more, as long as I don't get too stupid.
My Mini LST, except for the receiver and diffs is bone stock. Haven't broken anything on it yet, just worn out parts.
My Mini-T pro, running a Mamba 25 BL ESC, with a Dynamite 8500KV motor is insane. All it's broken is the rear axle carriers and rear body mount, but that was from slamming sideways into my S-10's rear wheel, followed by a roll from it bouncing off. I put a CF chassis brace in it before I ever ran it because I already knew about the "weak link" that is the front of the main chassis(those 2 tabs that attach the front to the main chassis).
My Evader ST, now with aluminum hubs all around due to the fact that I was breaking the stock ones. The axles got swapped when I put a low turn(15) motor in it because I was shredding the universals. Did a stupid with it and ran it when it was wet out(which the manual says not to do) and burned out the stock receiver and ESC. Now it has a homedone water proof ESC and steering servo, and the RX is in a balloon with RTV and 2 zipties to seal it(the RTV is to seal around the wires). That car has now gone "submarine"(not recommended on any RC car) without issue. As was said earlier, it is like the Losi XX-T.
Every brand has it's pro's and cons, same as every car that they make. For their size, these cars do take much more abuse than a full size could ever take without being completely trashed. Just one of the crashes on my Revo would have had the driver dead or nearly if it was a fullsizer(sent it cartwheeling from around 50mph). I would love it if Traxxas would sell cars in a kit form, or without radio at least(already have radio gear I like to use, and it gets rather annoying to have to keep swapping batts between radios). The cars that are made are for the most part great on the stock setups. The problems that arise, and the ones that cause people to hate company X or Y, are due to them upgrading to much higher powered equipment, without thinking about the internals. You can do a personnal review of a certain car or truck, but no matter how hard you try, it will be biased due to the fact that not everyone runs them the same. The side by side durablity review, given that they run the same tracks and have the same crashes is an interesting idea.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:49 PM
johnnyr135

I am brand new to the hobby I would never have thought about buying an RC car I saw an ad in Motor Trend and did some research into racing as a hobby for when I cannot race my BMW in the winter here in NY. The Slash looked like a lot of fun and has a good group of racers in my area from what I can tell. If it was not for Traxxas and there big ad campaigns and lower cost trucks like my Slash I would never have gotten into this hobby. I am already planning on building a Team Associated RC* kit with a LRP ZR.21X Motor so that I can race in April I figured it should take me about 2 months to build it. Traxxas opened the door for me to get into this hobby and I expect it does for others also, so I think people that come on the internet to bash on Traxxas really have nothing better to do if you are that bored and have nothing to do go bash your car thats why you bought it. When I read people flaming anything on any forum for no real reason I just scroll past it and move to some one with something constructive to say. Next time you are at a race having a good time just think there is a good chance if you look around the reason you are having a good time with these people is because they saw an ad from Traxxas. Just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.