Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)

ORIGINAL: johnnyr135

I am brand new to the hobby I would never have thought about buying an RC car I saw an ad in Motor Trend and did some research into racing as a hobby for when I cannot race my BMW in the winter here in NY. The Slash looked like a lot of fun and has a good group of racers in my area from what I can tell. If it was not for Traxxas and there big ad campaigns and lower cost trucks like my Slash I would never have gotten into this hobby. I am already planning on building a Team Associated RC* kit with a LRP ZR.21X Motor so that I can race in April I figured it should take me about 2 months to build it. Traxxas opened the door for me to get into this hobby and I expect it does for others also, so I think people that come on the internet to bash on Traxxas really have nothing better to do if you are that bored and have nothing to do go bash your car thats why you bought it. When I read people flaming anything on any forum for no real reason I just scroll past it and move to some one with something constructive to say. Next time you are at a race having a good time just think there is a good chance if you look around the reason you are having a good time with these people is because they saw an ad from Traxxas. Just my 2 cents
Awesome post! That is what I really like about Traxxas stepping out of the industry and advertising elsewhere for new RC hobbyists. I am glad to hear it is sticking with you too!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:15 PM
melonpeel

Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

After many rc's throughout the past years, my stampede is the last one I have left and actually own. Only rc that has actually kept up and hasn't costed me thousands of dollars. I personally like traxxas, affordable, part availability is amazing, and most of there products are great for the money