Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 AM
FoamyVictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Associated may ruin CORR r/c

Not to insult, but alotta you guys are dummys
Dude, not a good way to start when trying to convince somebody of ANYTHING!

Saying that traxxas cant make a truck race worthy.... that couldnt be more wrong, they have more money then anybody and everybody combined in this forum/website, They choose to make easy to run rtr's because thats what sells, there in it for the money, 99% of people dont want to bulid they want to run it now....thats it!
When AE released the SC10, that made the comparison between the two trucks inevitable. While marginal, the SC10 is more race worthy, because it's lighter, has a lower C.G. and is of higher quality. However, due to the lack of traction, the trucks are pretty evenly matched... which is a good thing.

Also 99% of people bash around, dont get me wrong theres plenty of racers, but the majority are bashers
Yup, we know... hence the popularity of the Slash. We're talking about CORR racing... not bashing.

It comes down to what we all like. If we all liked the same thing the sport would be lame.
YES! You nailed it!

If everybody just ran one make of car how much fun would it really be to watch.
Sadly, the OP's point was simply that. He feels that AE has "Ruined" what the Slash started, and I whole heartedly disagree. If not for the SC10, there'd likely be about 30% less people racing these things. Why... you may ask? Because a Racer doesn't want an RTR, or anything that says "Traxxas" on it. It's for the same reason you don't buy shoes from Walmart and put a big sign on them that says you bought them at Walmart! Perception is reality when it comes to things like these, and there's a large portion of Racers that feel that way. Again, the SC10 has helped to expand the class. Sure, it's a little different, and maybe even even a little better. But that's not the point. When you race, you want people to race against. If something new brings more people to the track, that's a good thing... not bad.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:42 AM
The Mad Modder

I have to disagree with the OP. If anything, the sc10 would make corr rc MORE enjoyable for me. Not because of competition, but because I like building kits(its half the fun of owning an rc)and traxxas simply does not cut it for me. The sc10 is available as a kit AND RTR, which apeals to both newbies and RC vets.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

i think everyone here has put such a negative spin on this! Honestly no track is going to race them together not because they are not the same truck but not because of quality. thats bogus to say one is better quality anyhow. the bottom line is the sc10 is a 2wd truck with SC shell. its lower to the ground, has longer suspension arms, longer wheel base and is definitely lighter those qualities make it an unfair match. if they were to tone those qualities back a bit the trucks would be even. i can see why people see it not as a short course truck because it wasn't really designed as such. it was a 2wd truck adapted to look like the slash. but there is nothing to get bothered with because like i said for now the tracks are going to keep them separate.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Congzilla

ORIGINAL: carlosponti

i think everyone here has put such a negative spin on this! Honestly no track is going to race them together not because they are not the same truck but not because of quality. thats bogus to say one is better quality anyhow. the bottom line is the sc10 is a 2wd truck with SC shell. its lower to the ground, has longer suspension arms, longer wheel base and is definitely lighter those qualities make it an unfair match. if they were to tone those qualities back a bit the trucks would be even. i can see why people see it not as a short course truck because it wasn't really designed as such. it was a 2wd truck adapted to look like the slash. but there is nothing to get bothered with because like i said for now the tracks are going to keep them separate.
A lot of tracks do race them together. And I have seen a lot of Slashes win those races on youtube. This entire argument seems pointless.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:12 PM
FoamyVictim

[buzzer sound] WRONG! They ARE being raced together, because they're FAR more equal then the people who can't drive are willing to admit. I want more racers at the track, but if they turn out to be a bunch of whinny bashers, then NO THANKS. They can just go home and pout, telling themselves it was the equipment that beat them, not the other drivers. The class is growing with both SC10s and Slashes, and they'll be raced together despite the grumblings of a few people.

I'm in the midst of a "discussion" about this with yet another guy saying they should all be bone stock Slashes... "Except" radio and battery. Now, there's a HUGE problem. A kid that just got his first RC to race, and thinks "This is a spec class, all the trucks are the same, so I stand a chance... right" WRONG, with a $100+ lipo and a $100+ charger to handle it, the truck is MUCH faster than it would be with the stick pack and charger you can get bundled with the Slash. The radio is a HUGE advantage too, because an average "Sport" radio makes the servo MUCH faster and STRONGER(giving the servo 6 volts in stead of 4.8). So even though there's a group of guys whining about "Spec", what they want to do, ISN'T spec.

This entire argument seems pointless.
So... ignore it.

Here's a couple vids of Slashes AND SC10s racing together. In the most recent main, a Slash with Stock Tires and a Stock Motor SPANKED everyone, including SC10s, Slashes running Goosebumps, etc... Again, the trucks are FAR more equal than MANY people are willing to admit, and here's the PROOF:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbU9GvaYlz8[/youtube]

another mix of Slashes and SC10s:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHncJI681Xw&feature=channel[/youtube]

Old 07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Congzilla
I am rolling my eyes at this one! why post if you thought it was pointless.

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim
[buzzer sound] WRONG! They ARE being raced together, because they're FAR more equal then the people who can't drive are willing to admit. I want more racers at the track, but if they turn out to be a bunch of whinny bashers, then NO THANKS. They can just go home and pout, telling themselves it was the equipment that beat them, not the other drivers. The class is growing with both SC10s and Slashes, and they'll be raced together despite the grumblings of a few people.

I'm in the midst of a "discussion" about this with yet another guy saying they should all be bone stock Slashes... "Except" radio and battery. Now, there's a HUGE problem. A kid that just got his first RC to race, and thinks "This is a spec class, all the trucks are the same, so I stand a chance... right" WRONG, with a $100+ lipo and a $100+ charger to handle it, the truck is MUCH faster than it would be with the stick pack and charger you can get bundled with the Slash. The radio is a HUGE advantage too, because an average "Sport" radio makes the servo MUCH faster and STRONGER(giving the servo 6 volts in stead of 4.8). So even though there's a group of guys whining about "Spec", what they want to do, ISN'T spec.
i guess i didnt do a good enough job stating my point. my point was that the title the original poster made that AE is ruining Corr RC racing is unfounded for one and two that i honestly dont think they are the same truck. its design gives it an advantage not that its design makes it a winner. in fact i think that because of the front arms you will see alot of AE trucks lose arms before race is finished. i do feel that the over competative guys will start buying the lighter truck because of the perception its better because they want to win. lastly i race for fun i really dont care about winning. to me its fun to get out with your buddies and race have a good time with it. this whole thread has gotten superfluous. my track isnt going to race them together "stock". now the modified class they are. i would like to see maybe them weight them the same at least.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:31 PM
For_The_Win

I'm in the midst of a ''discussion'' about this with yet another guy saying they should all be bone stock Slashes... ''Except'' radio and battery. Now, there's a HUGE problem. A kid that just got his first RC to race, and thinks ''This is a spec class, all the trucks are the same, so I stand a chance... right'' WRONG, with a $100+ lipo and a $100+ charger to handle it, the truck is MUCH faster than it would be with the stick pack and charger you can get bundled with the Slash. The radio is a HUGE advantage too, because an average ''Sport'' radio makes the servo MUCH faster and STRONGER(giving the servo 6 volts in stead of 4.8). So even though there's a group of guys whining about ''Spec'', what they want to do, ISN'T spec.
i guess i didnt do a good enough job stating my point. my point was that the title the original poster made that AE is ruining Corr RC racing is unfounded for one and two that i honestly dont think they are the same truck. its design gives it an advantage not that its design makes it a winner. in fact i think that because of the front arms you will see alot of AE trucks lose arms before race is finished. i do feel that the over competative guys will start buying the lighter truck because of the perception its better because they want to win. lastly i race for fun i really dont care about winning. to me its fun to get out with your buddies and race have a good time with it. this whole thread has gotten superfluous. my track isnt going to race them together ''stock''. now the modified class they are. i would like to see maybe them weight them the same at least.
Just like you had to add your 2 cents in by commenting him. But I think haveing them both out help becuase you have the people who wants to built a kit and make it there own and only race it, to where there and people that mostly bash and race like once a year just for fun... Thats what to me makes it better.... It covers BOTH sides of the R/C'ers..
Old 07-05-2009, 11:32 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

around here they run a class strictly for the slash .. it must remain totally stock including tires .. the only upgrade can be a lipo no larger than 5000mah ...... but the bottom line is if you where to run a CORR class then the slash would be competing with the sc10 and the new losi corr truck too ... and then the traxxas would eat dust!!!!! no really it more depends on the driver than it does the truck! and running lipo's the the heavier truck will have the advantage inspite of brand.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Like I said Traxxas cars have pretty much always been know as a bashers. If Associated didnt do it someone else would of.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:05 AM
For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Like I said Traxxas cars have pretty much always been know as a bashers. If Associated didnt do it someone else would of.
Associated would never be a basher they put to much time and money into building there cars. It would be more like Hpi.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
avdub

some of you have probably seen these vids, but I thought
you'd like to see how close a SLASH spec class is to the real thing.
Makes me want to grab a helmet and climb in.. (BTW) Turn it up!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsOYV9eKN9M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8uWYmG0E7E[/youtube]
Old 07-06-2009, 03:29 PM
MuggyDude

And now Losi has joined the bunch, Most likely they have come out with a corr truck that will give the sc10 some serious cmpetition. Thank you to traxxas for starting this class, but now the big race companies like Losi and Associated are going to transform the Slash class into a heated pro-level 1/10 racing class, but a little more fun to watch than stadium trucks.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Congzilla

I'm in the midst of a ''discussion'' about this with yet another guy saying they should all be bone stock Slashes... ''Except'' radio and battery. Now, there's a HUGE problem. A kid that just got his first RC to race, and thinks ''This is a spec class, all the trucks are the same, so I stand a chance... right'' WRONG, with a $100+ lipo and a $100+ charger to handle it, the truck is MUCH faster than it would be with the stick pack and charger you can get bundled with the Slash. The radio is a HUGE advantage too, because an average ''Sport'' radio makes the servo MUCH faster and STRONGER(giving the servo 6 volts in stead of 4.8). So even though there's a group of guys whining about ''Spec'', what they want to do, ISN'T spec.
i guess i didnt do a good enough job stating my point. my point was that the title the original poster made that AE is ruining Corr RC racing is unfounded for one and two that i honestly dont think they are the same truck. its design gives it an advantage not that its design makes it a winner. in fact i think that because of the front arms you will see alot of AE trucks lose arms before race is finished. i do feel that the over competative guys will start buying the lighter truck because of the perception its better because they want to win. lastly i race for fun i really dont care about winning. to me its fun to get out with your buddies and race have a good time with it. this whole thread has gotten superfluous. my track isnt going to race them together ''stock''. now the modified class they are. i would like to see maybe them weight them the same at least.
I meant your argument in that statement was pointless, and I stated why I felt that way, not sure why you decided to leave that part out of your reply.

A lot of tracks do race them together. And I have seen a lot of Slashes win those races on youtube. This entire argument seems pointless.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
PHATHED

I don't know why you guys keep saying that the SC10 is weaker then the Slash. I haven't broke one part on my truck since the day I bought and built it. The AE SC10 is a strong truck. Well all like different brands and makes. When your on the track it's 10% truck and 90% skill. Like I said before both my LHS race both the trucks together. I have fun and 9 out of 10 race's the SC10 Dominants the track.[X(]
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
avdub

ORIGINAL: PHATHED

When your on the track it's 10% truck and 90% skill. .[X(]
Tires play a bigger part than you give credit for. A slash with stock tires on a dry track is no match for goosebumps. I don't care who's driving. (Although the slash stockers are great on blue groove or high bite wet tracks they are very picky when it comes to track surface) I think tire design and compounds in real corr racing are much closer than between a slash and an SC10.

I'd like to see someone attempt to run stock slash tires/wheels on their SC10 against a slash with the same. I bet the race will be much closer.