RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7367370-official-traxxas-slash-short-course-race-truck.html)

EARRNHARDT3 02-03-2009 06:19 PM

RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

The fronts on the Jato are bearinged also not hexed. Or are you saying that the Slash is hexed on the front?

The Jato wheels will fit on the Rustler and Stampede so i just wondered if they fit the Slash?

E3

fusebmx13 02-03-2009 06:39 PM

They will only work on the rear. The slash, stampede, and rustler have hexes on all 4 tires. The jato rims have bearing in the front so therefore you cannot use them on the rustler, stampede, or slash. You probably could but you will have to use a pair of needle nose pliers to get them off ;) it is a pain.

EARRNHARDT3 02-03-2009 06:45 PM

Ok i did not know that.
,I did found the parts view on Traxxas.com of the front end and i see that they are hexed.
I wounder if you could put Jato front steering block/axles on the Slash to get rid on the hexs ?

brett_saville 02-03-2009 06:51 PM

Could you use Rear jato wheels on the front of the slash?

fusebmx13 02-03-2009 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: EARRNHARDT3

Ok i did not know that.
,I did found the parts view on Traxxas.com of the front end and i see that they are hexed.
I wounder if you could put Jato front steering block/axles on the Slash to get rid on the hexs ?
Um yea, i already said that they were hex's :eek:. Why would you wanna put jato steering blocks and axles on it? The stock setup works fine, no need to do much to it. A set of aluminum caster blocks and maybe bearing carriers would be a wise choice.

yes you can use rear jato rims on the front or rear.

supamagician 02-03-2009 10:31 PM

I just got my slash a few days ago!!

I plan to race it, what are some things that you guys would suggest I do to get it ready to race?

dfastman 02-04-2009 12:05 AM

depends what kind of class your track runs
but you should seal the diff that deffinatly helps

FairTax4me 02-04-2009 12:12 AM

Nitro Rustler/Stampede front steering blocks should fit. I had thought about doing that to get a few more options as far as wheels go, but I got as far as looking up the price. I should have ordered them in my last order from Tower but I didn't think to.

What good does that do when it's already inside the transmission? It's not like dirt can get to it there.

FairTax4me 02-04-2009 05:55 PM

THEY'RE HERE!!!! :D Except the 8 shooter wheels don't fit. [&:]:) They rub the caster blocks on the front and they are SOOOO close to the A arms on the back. If I got even a small pebble in there it would probably jam up. So I'm gonna try to find some 3/4" hex extensions if I can. If not there are plenty of 1" extensions on Ebay for pretty cheap, but I don't know if I want them to stick out quite that far.

supamagician 02-04-2009 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: dfastman

depends what kind of class your track runs
I think our track just runs stock.
Will sealing the diff effect it when I bash? (thats what I do mostly)

fusebmx13 02-04-2009 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you are talking about locking the diff then yes it will affect your steering but it will get the power to the ground a little better. Sealing the diff just allows you to run thinner weight oils and such without them runnning out of the diff. I personally just put some silly putty in my diffs and they are harder but not completely locked. I am not a racer so don't take my word for anything lol except if it is for bashing purposes. Here is my beast, finally fixed the body mounts and touched up some looses ends.

supamagician 02-04-2009 08:32 PM

Dang where are yall getting all these different tires? I thought the slash tires where some different size that a stadium truck and the only ones they had for it where the ones that came stock.

Also, has anyone seen the proline bodies that have the velcro on fenders that pop off when you crash like a real truck? Any one run one of those bodies? Do you like it?

Here they are: http://www.prolineracing.com/p-652-c...xas-slash.aspx

brett_saville 02-04-2009 08:36 PM

Wow they look cool but I fear I would get frustrated with them. I think for me the novelty would wear off quickly. Chasing around picking up the fallen off pieces would get tiresome too me. If you're willing to put up with that, then it's excellent realism which is I suppose after all one of the primary purposes of this truck.

supamagician 02-04-2009 08:40 PM

yeah I thought about the same thing too. If I only raced, and I was really good at it, then maybe I would just for that added realism if I do crash when I'm racing, but I'm not that good at racing.....yet lol, and I mostly bash, so I don't think I would like it unless I just used it for fun sometimes

fusebmx13 02-04-2009 08:45 PM

You can use regular 2.2 rims and all the 2.2 tire selection that proline has. I use rpm revolver narrow black rims.

fusebmx13 02-04-2009 08:47 PM

Oh yea i would not like that body at all really. It just seems boring after a while. I would hate it since my truck spends half of it's life off of the tires and either on the lid or in pieces, but not pices from a body that breaks away, I mean real broken pieces haha. I create my own effects ;)

HandyRacing 02-04-2009 08:53 PM

The wide screen HD vid from the Jan 31 2009 A-Main at the Washtenaw RC Raceway is now posted:

(Slash Spec)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hRYvjae0Cog

(beware, its a bandwidth hog)

supamagician 02-04-2009 08:55 PM

haha

supamagician 02-04-2009 09:14 PM

here is a pretty intense video i found for all you slash lovers. I cant believe he managed that!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=69oY1mKiXjc&feature=related

kdiddy93 02-04-2009 10:05 PM

hey fusebmx13 could we see the size of those new tires compared to the stockers?

fusebmx13 02-04-2009 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sure, I will be happy to answer any more questions.

supamagician 02-04-2009 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of mine. I will be putting these in the Slash picture thread aswell

supamagician 02-04-2009 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Sure, I will be happy to answer any more questions.

those are quite a bit bigger than stock. they dont stress the motor or take off any speed?

I bet it has massive traction through the turns since they are crawler tires

fusebmx13 02-04-2009 10:51 PM

I love these tires, they are my favorite by far. They still spin but yet once they hook after a second i do a wheelie. They are great in grass. I don't have the stock motor. I use the vxl motor and 3s so nothin really matters. They are about the size of talonz, a little smaller so it is not like it is stressing anything anymore than my stampede.

supamagician 02-04-2009 10:57 PM

Oh ok, the brushless would explain it haha. I am hopefully racing my [stock] Slash in a big race on the 21st. I get a head up on the competition because I am going to be helping build the track this saturday :D Hopefully I will do good considering this will be my first race.