Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

**Official Yokomo Touring Car Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:29 AM
ScottKelly911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **Official Yokomo Touring Car Thread**

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

What running gear do you have in it, such as batts, ESC and motor?Did you have to upgrade the gears if you're running Lipos and brushless?
Novak XBR 8.5, 5000kv
XBR is no longer made, the Havok esc took it's spot, it's still roughly the same as a Havok system.
Not running lipo> 4000 nimh saddle packs. That touring car is the only one of it's kind that runs saddle packs.
I'm gonna be in a points series with it soon. Starts at Madisonville this friday. 6 week points series, gonna be fun!
Im just gonna run this car until it falls apart I guess. Im tearing the car down today for inspection.
Congratulations on doing so well. Good luck in ur point series. Keep us updated how you do each week. I'm rooting for you. I think these cars are still capable of doing well with a good drive. It's great to see that the technology is standing up after all these years. Where are you getting parts for yours?I've got the exact same car and I've got a bent front dogbone and was wondering where to get new ones or even get some cvd' for it. Also, my belt probably could use replacement, do you know a belt that'll fit it? I have a Novak GTB 3.5 Velociti combo in mine and I've got some reedy Saddle pack Lipos for it. I'm yet to run it in that configuration but I've I've been wanting to get it up and going. I'm a little bit afraid that it might tear up the gears with all that power. I'm also having trouble finding a place to mount the esc and receiver since the lipos take up so much space.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

Congratulations on doing so well. Good luck in ur point series. Keep us updated how you do each week. I'm rooting for you. I think these cars are still capable of doing well with a good drive. It's great to see that the technology is standing up after all these years. Where are you getting parts for yours? I've got the exact same car and I've got a bent front dogbone and was wondering where to get new ones or even get some cvd' for it. Also, my belt probably could use replacement, do you know a belt that'll fit it? I have a Novak GTB 3.5 Velociti combo in mine and I've got some reedy Saddle pack Lipos for it. I'm yet to run it in that configuration but I've I've been wanting to get it up and going. I'm a little bit afraid that it might tear up the gears with all that power. I'm also having trouble finding a place to mount the esc and receiver since the lipos take up so much space.
Im searching the net,
Here's an older post with a gearing chart and other info.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...omo-yr4m2.html

And here's another about the car's history.
http://www.rcracing.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=846

Also Im pretty sure TA05 Tamiya pulleys fit this car but you have to have the bigger size diff balls to fit
as the stock size of the diff balls are the exact same size as associated Diff Balls, but still unsure about the belt.
If we had dimensions I bet we can come up with a solution. Im confident that Tamiya belts should also
fit the car, but still im not 100% sure.[&o]

Also I use assocaited spur gears you have to cut a little off in the center and drill 2 holes for the screw placement
and AE spur gears will fit. There is many, many spur gear choices, you can even run a kimbourgh if you want to.
Im running a 19 tooth pinion with 78 tooth spur gear with my 8.5 system.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Allan Aguilar

I still have my Yokomo MR4TC Andy Stratus Series, still complete and ready to race. I am looking for a possibility of using a Lipo battery packs since this car only uses standard size Nimh/Nicad batteries. I tried to fit a hard case 7.4 lipo 4000mah but it does not fit. If I force it to fit, something will break.

Can any one direct me as to what kind of chassis modification I have to do ?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
snuvet75

Hi. I have Yokomo YR4 M4 Pro Type J too. I've tried to find the rear belt and tried several belts but nothing fit. Can you give me some advise?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:34 AM
Allan Aguilar

snuvet75, I may have that rear belt kicking inside my toolbox, I'll check it tonight.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
snuvet75

ORIGINAL: Allan Aguilar

snuvet75, I may have that rear belt kicking inside my toolbox, I'll check it tonight.
Thanks!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Mastertaco

anyone know esactly what it is? pretty sure its a mr-4(has the CMR shell with it not really worth taking a pic of it its really bad shape) got it at a garage sale awhile back and its been collecting dust since took it out few days ago finally its fast but not too fast)

[

Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM
unit719

Hey all, here is a BD5WX (I Think) that fell in my lap for $40. Thing is in perfect condition, am I crazy to think its worth enough to trade for a Hot Bodies TC-FD? I know NOTHING about Yokomo cars, but they are very popular here in Japan where I am stationed lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59189.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	1813781  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 AM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: Allan Aguilar

I still have my Yokomo MR4TC Andy Stratus Series, still complete and ready to race. I am looking for a possibility of using a Lipo battery packs since this car only uses standard size Nimh/Nicad batteries. I tried to fit a hard case 7.4 lipo 4000mah but it does not fit. If I force it to fit, something will break.

Can any one direct me as to what kind of chassis modification I have to do ?

Thanks
Well I started Velcro'ing my lipos in. Get industrial strength velcro tape you can find at walmart or target.