Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
Reload this Page >

4-stroke fuel--Does anyone really know?

Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

4-stroke fuel--Does anyone really know?

Old 01-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4-stroke fuel--Does anyone really know?

Thats the way I have run my 4 stroke airplane engines for ever. one of my 61 Magnums has almost 500 hours on it...... still strong.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:54 PM
RCXPLANES
My Feedback: (1)

Post removed by moderator, not RC related.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Post removed by Moderator, not RC related.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
RCXPLANES
My Feedback: (1)

Post removed by Moderator, not RC related.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: errolw98

What part of the rod fails on a two stroke before piston siezure? The small end at the wrist pin?
From what we've seen, when the lubrication breaks down, the lower-end of the connecting rod tends to seize to the crankpin and gets twisted off. This will scatter metal shreds throughout the engine. Sometimes the heat from the friction is high enough to actually weld pieces of the rod's bushing onto the crank.

When the rod seizes to the crankpin, you can literally see the blackening on the crankpin from the heat.

We've rarely seen problems with the upper end of the rod. What we have see, though, is congealed/cooked fuel residue that just fills the clearances and makes the rod move stiffly on the wrist pin. Sometimes it's so bad that the rod's not turning on the wrist pin, but the rod/pin assembly's turnin in the piston!
Old 04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
norbe
My Feedback: (51)

I was looking over this post and I find it very intresting since everyone has his own opinion on a issue that should have no opinions since it's mechanical, and as we know mechanics are like math there is no second opinions just a solution.
Now My question is this, I have had only 4 stroke and Gasoline engines, because I like the way they sound, now I happend to have bought a TT 120Pro 2 Stroke and I would like to know if I can use the same fuel on both a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke or not. I use Omega 5 stroke fuel, and on the bottle it says nothing about oils. I know it is 15% (nitro?), could some one tell me if I risk the funcionality of the TT using 4 stroke fuel?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

As long as there are different brands, different blends, different percentages within those blends and brands there are going to be many differing opinions as to which is best. I use Fox 5% nitro with 20%-50/50 lube in all my two strokes and WildCat 10% Premium and WildCat 15% Premium Extra in my Saitos and Enyas depending on the compression and WildCat ProMix 20% nitro in my YS's, the ProMix has a couple of percentage points of castor in it. These are my choices because they work very well. I do not use any fuel without castor. A couple of my Saitos and one of my Enya's are 13 years old.