Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How big is the HPI Baja 5B?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:51 AM
fourwheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How big is the HPI Baja 5B?

Hey Ram-Tech...does there appear to be an ample supply of the buggies on the first run?? Or is there going to be a supply shortage as with the LST's?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 AM
USABaja5B

I haven't asked what number they will be producing. They may have been waiting for the LA show to gauge interest, but since that went well, they should be increasing their first production run. All of the forums are getting huge hits, so the interest is definitely there in the US at least. But people looking, and then dropping $900 are 2 different things. It will be interesting to see how many Tower ordered,a nd when the "on Order" notice goes back up after the initial shipment.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 AM
fourwheeler

Not much difference in the price of a Baja and a hopped up 1/8th scale. This may be the thing that gets more people into 1/5th scale.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I agree with RAMTech. I worked in consumer electronics retail for several years before getting my college degree. The product is just interesting until people throw their hard earned cash at it. At $900 HPI is putting themselves in an exclusive club from the beginning with this buggy. The owner of a local hobby shop said buyers loose momentum for initial buy-in for a truck at about $500. He does not stock the Firehammer (he had one in stock once) because it does not 'fly off the shelves' at these prices and at the time he was selling the FH for $750.

Believe what you want about the buggy's market prospects but until I see a couple of buggy boxes stacked on the floor/shelf at the local shop and the owners telling me they sell 3 - 5 per month it is not a raging success.

It's great another company is getting serious about this class of car. The attention the Baja is getting is great. Now let's stop talking about it and when it gets released, get out and buy one and get our friends to buy one to make it a success.

Ken
Old 10-24-2005, 10:55 AM
hellya

alls I can say that if it wasnt for FG all us 1/5 fans would be stuck playing with ourselfs and not our vehicles

I say we need alot more 1/5 scale manufacturers... add more spice to the line up..... make them prices drop
Old 10-24-2005, 11:05 AM
USABaja5B

If it wasn't for Al Gore, we wouldn't be reading this on the internet either.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:53 PM
fourwheeler

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

It's great another company is getting serious about this class of car. The attention the Baja is getting is great. Now let's stop talking about it and when it gets released, get out and buy one and get our friends to buy one to make it a success.

Ken
As far as I have seen the attention the B5 is getting is well deserved at this point. Alot of people will wait for a review by others that buy the first batch. I for one, will be one from the first batch. You got any left in your initial batch RamTech?
Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
USABaja5B

I have 3 on order with different people. Should all be from the first batch, but who knows. Tower will probably come in first.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I just preordered mine also from Tower hobbies for only 899.00,due in mid dec, cannot wait.....