Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

fg-hopups.com anyone have problems with these guys?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg-hopups.com anyone have problems with these guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
DarkZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fg-hopups.com anyone have problems with these guys?

Mark had always replied my e-mails on time, this time it was over 2 weeks of no reply, so I know theres something going on with him, but hey, once he got his ass up here since the other day, a few exchanged pms, now my new parts are on the way. some ppl just cant wait to receive their items once they place an order, and im also that type of person, you want a good deal, cheap price, crazy fast service, sure, and I believe Mark is very close to that standard. to be honest, whoelse sells those alloy parts cheaper than him???
Old 02-03-2007, 05:23 PM
pncstod

Mark, (hellya) I got the pinion in today's mail. Thank You!
Old 02-03-2007, 06:13 PM
critrmac

Hey what's up hellya, umm can i/do i order the steel pinion from you or from fg hop-ups ?
as you probably read in one of my post,my plastic pinion gave way ( flat out melted away)
and i orderd one from duratrax ( stock is all they have) under the warranty and that was about
a wk and a half ago, i have'nt recieved it yet but i was planning on geting a steel pinion anyway.
thanks.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:48 PM
huw4027

Hey Bryan, i think that response is a little harsh.
The facts are ..yes, Mark is A GOOD GUY as i said before i ordered twice from
him before without any problems apart from slow shipping and i am happy
for him that his main business ,being construction, is doing well but at the
same time his side business has been neglected and caused concern to his
customers who have voiced it accordingly.
Now we all know what is what so we can take what we have learned here
and move on.
In closing i would like to say that a simple e-mail that takes less than a minute
could have prevented this whole thead. [8D]
Old 02-03-2007, 06:48 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: bryan70546

sounds like a bunch of cry babies .........................have any you got ripped off by hellya .if not stop your crying .[sm=cry_smile.gif]
I agree....nobody ripped off so why cry...Hellya eats shipping cost for getting these parts cause he brings in bulk..appreciate that or order them from Germany and pay $50 shipping for a $25 pinion
Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
SBGasser
Banned

agreed, as long as hes keeping up to date with his orders and his customers all is good.
SBG
Old 02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Dirby

hellya.
can io get some alloy motor mounts and a alloy pinion from you?
please advise.
thx Dirby.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:57 AM
TONY1130

HAY GUY I HAVE A NEW FG MONSTER TRUCK WITH A HITEC RADIO IM HAVING A MASIVE PROBLEM I HAVE OWNED THIS TRUCK FOR ONE WEEK IT WAS BOUGHT NEW I HAVE BLOWN 4 STERING SERVOS I HAVE CHANGE THE RADIO UNIT THINKING IT WAS A PROBLEM WITH ELECTRONICS IT WAS NOT I WENT AND GOT A HITES TRIPLE BALLBEARING SERVO AND BLOW THAT ONE TO IT LOOKS LIKE EVERY TIME THE TRUCK PULLS A WHEELY THEY GO I THINK TRUCK HAS HAD 1 TO 2 TANKS OF GAS THRUE IT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANY MORE PLEASE HELP
Old 02-21-2007, 05:42 AM
borley1863

4 steering servos thats gotta be a record, even over some years that would be strange, maybe it`s your servo saver, how tight is your steering when you move it by hand? Try disassembling your servo saver, make sure all parts are there then reassemble, see if that does anything.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:34 AM
critrmac

I orderd a steel pinion from FG Hop ups a couple of weeks ago and it took about
five days for the part to reach my door step, so know problems here.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 AM
SELWA

EPA, End point adjustments can also be causing this. EIther way make sure the assemblies move freely before the servo is hooked up.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:40 AM
TONY1130

WE HAVE DONE THIS FOUR TIMES EVEN THE EPA WAS AJUSTED EVEN THEN IT TOOK NUMBER FOUT SERVO THIS SERVOS ARE TRIPLE BALLBEARING DO YOU THINK IT COULD BE FAILSAFE I REALLY DONT KNOW ANY MOORE
Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 AM
TONY1130

THE SEVO SAVER IS VERY LOSE AND THE EPA IS AJUSTED SO IT WONT GO TO THE END
Old 02-21-2007, 11:32 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pncstod

I bought a steel pinion for my firehammer from them on January 13th. Ive emailed them 4 times and still havent gotten a response wether it has shipped or not. I am going to contact paypal but want to know if anyone else has had any problems with getting stuff from these guys. They dont even answer emails. I have had zero contact with them since i bought the pinion. I want to order the motor mounts too but am afraid now. Does anyone else have the motor mounts? Thanks!
I also order a lot of parts and never no problem

SORRY MY MISTAKE I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT FG SUPPLY. COM[sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 02-21-2007, 12:22 PM
ratpower396

Tony shut the cap lock off please..
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 PM
bigger the better

Deleted
Old 02-21-2007, 07:50 PM
pncstod

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher
I also order a lot of parts and never no problems.

I ordered a ton of parts, usually stuff from DDM and got it very and i mean very quick everytime i ordered. This is not the case with the one time i ordered from FG Hopups.com. All i wanted was a response to the multiple emails i sent. I didnt get a response until someone who knew him called him. He didnt rip me off ( i got my pinion) it just took a long time for a response from him. I have since emailed to find out if he had the motor mounts in stock and i have yet to get a responce. I dont think he has the time to deal with his rc business right now. Thats good for him cause he's making good money. Its bad for anyone who wants a part he's selling and actually expects a responce via email. I will pay the extra 12-17 bucks its gonna cost me to ship it from Germany.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM
walkingtall

Hmmm, I just oredered some motor mounts and spur gear from FG Hopups and sent a couple of emails asking a question on shipping. I just ordered them and not received a reply on the emails but figured that was because people have businesses to run some emails get missed. I would like to know if it is going to be a month before I receive my order though, atleast then I can get some stock parts to run the car till the new ones come in.

Walkingtall
Old 02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
bigger the better

Deleted
Old 02-27-2007, 12:35 PM
walkingtall

LOL Bigger,

I ordered the stock motor mounts and spur gear assembly today from Tower shortly after making my post. These will hold me over till the phats come in from FG.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
George7806

I don't usually post a lot, but after reading all the responses from both fg-hopups customers, and owners, I can't help but to say something about running a succesful business. I own my construction
business, and I know what stress level it goes with. Whenever you're not working, you're thinking about how you're going to do the next job, and what kind of problems you might run into. So I understand why Mark is having difficulty answering e-mails and filling orders in a timely manner. Altough I don't understand why is he trying to run to business at the same time if he's having problems. My understanding of a good business is that you have to do every step in a timely manner. If I delay one job, then the next one will fall behind, and the third customer will simply find someone else. That's the reason why my phone is on almost all the time, so people can reach me, and get their work scheduled. This is probably the biggest reason I've never lost a customer, and I've never got any of my bid rejected. So I guess if Mark decides to run 2 business at the same time, there is nothing wrong with that, but he might have to put in 20 hours days.
sounds like a bunch of cry babies .........................have any you got ripped off by hellya .if not stop your crying .
I'm sure you're working for your money just like everyone else. If you save up for something, don't you expect to have it shipped quickly, or have a customer support that answer your concerns?? I'll see what you say when the shipping of YOUR part takes 2 months....
Old 02-27-2007, 01:27 PM
No Moa

sounds like a bunch of cry babies .........................have any you got ripped off by hellya .if not stop your crying .[sm=cry_smile.gif]

I agree, ***** happens, but telling someone how to run their business is not cool!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:49 PM
pncstod

Neither is not answering your emails when someone has paid for a part!

ORIGINAL: No Moa

I agree, ***** happens, but telling someone how to run their business is not cool!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
George7806

I agree, **** happens, but telling someone how to run their business is not cool!
No one is trying to tell them how to run their business. It should be their concern not to have complains. It's only bad for future customers reading these posts about not having e-mails answered...I'm sure Mark is an honest guy, but if selling parts for him is beneficiary for him in any way, than he should care more about customer support.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
hellya

Busy Busy Busy.....thats all I have to say and I have ordered the Alloy motor mounts............Shipping takes time from Germany[sm=thumbs_down.gif]

If you look at my prices and the prices on the German website... I only charge $10 more than cost and then add shipping I dont even break even[:@]

http://www.fg-hopups.com/images/clon...otor_mount.JPG ..............$90

http://www.rc-car-online.de/carson_aluboecke_eng.htm 61.40 euros equals $81.00 plus $39 shipping $120

they dont give anyone any $$$breaks[&:]......I started out by just trying to order parts for people because they didnt want to order from Germany themselves.....some parts I make money on some parts I dont I loose money on.

I enjoy this hobby thats why I try to help out people and thats why my prices are the lowest around!!!

I can honestly say I average less than 10%-15% profit.... if I'm lucky....The normal FG dealer makes 30-35% profit think about that next time you buy a $1000 FG vehicle.....you gave the Dealer $300 profit!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.