Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

ORIGINAL: traxxrc1

Nothing like that, since i cannot find the KM baja 1.0 anywhere else, i was interested for engagerc, i tried ebay but no one had the ksrc001, everyone had a 002.

Kindly help with some othr site with what i want.
Dude why get the KM 1.0 when you can get a KM 2.0 or 3.0 e mail danlc4... [email protected] He got what you want and even better. Dont forget to tell him that Eric from Cleveland ohio sent you.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM
traxxrc1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really hanks eric, but i want a 23cc baja, because 29cc wont be allowed in endurance race with hpi's 23 and 26's
Old 01-26-2011, 05:44 PM
traxxrc1

ORIGINAL: devo208

@traxxrc1- When u order from engagerc be prepared to wait about a month, if u get it at all. You better use paypal that way you will get your item someday.

Definitely Paypal, nothing else, will it be fine then?

Old 01-26-2011, 05:45 PM
aluminum crusher

Really hanks eric, but i want a 23cc baja, because 29cc wont be allowed in endurance race with hpi's 23 and 26's
H got 26cc ones in stock...send him a shout out dude
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 PM
traxxrc1

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Links?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:08 AM
marlinjames

i ordered my king motor truck from www.rcs-racinglive.com good guy decent price
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 AM
Coopz

Wish they used better nuts, the silver one's holding the rollcage on are such cheapass material one disintegrated under moderate pressure when trying to remove
4th nut I've messed up and I'm using a top quality tool set
Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 AM
devo208

does anyone know anything about the 2 speed oneway bearing is it supposed to be greased. my one way seems like it's slipping back in and out of gear while i'm taking off.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 AM
devo208

this is what king motors got and here's the website http://www.kingmotorrc.com

Found: 4 Products
Display:
Sort By:
Page of 1

King Motor Baja Buggy 3.0 With 2 Speed Aluminum 29cc Gas
King Motor 3.0 29cc with 2 Speed

New and Improved King Motor 3.0 Special Edition Baja Buggy with Two Speed Installed. Ready To Run Buggy with 2.4ghz computer radio. Over $800 in Aluminum Upgrade Parts Installed.
Item #: KM 3.0

* Price: $949.95

King Motor Baja Buggy KSRC-002 Gas 30.5cc with 2 Speed
King Motor KSRC-002 30.5cc with two Speed

Special Edition King Motor 30.5cc KSRC-002 with 2 Speed
Ready To Run Baja Buggy with Performance Pipe and 2.4ghz computer radio
Item #: KSRC-002

* Price: $679.95

King Motor T1000 29cc Gas Baja Truck with 2 Speed
T1000 King Motor Baja Truck with 2 Speed and 29cc

Special Edition King Motor T1000 Truck, 29cc, 2 Speed Installed, Performance Pipe, 2.4ghz computer radio!
Item #: T1000

* Price: $779.95

New King Motor KSRC-001 23cc Gas/Petrol Baja Buggy
King Motor Gas Baja Buggy KSRC-001 23cc

New and Improved King Motor 23cc KSRC-001 Ready To Run Buggy with Alloy Differential, performance pipe, and 2.4ghz computer radio
Item #: KSRC-001

* Price: $479.95
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

Links?

Dude I already posted the links on page 220

Go to ebay and shop these sre all links to danlc4...tell him that Eric from Cleveland, Ohio sent you and he will take care of you He will have some new stuff posted in a day or two so keep checking his links.

http://shop.ebay.com/danlc4/m.html?_..._sop=12&_rdc=1

http://stores.ebay.com/King-Motor-RC?_rdc=1

http://stores.ebay.com/Rovan-RC?_rdc=1

OH AND BY THE WAY IM WAITING ON THE CLONE 5SC
Old 01-29-2011, 12:11 AM
mjmihelich

This fine specimen is a King Motors KRSC 2.0 (includes all amuminum upgrades and 2.4 GH 29cc motor). discontinued (new model) got 2 of them (one for GF) for $1000.00 from a guy in Miami took a week to get here and my UPS guy is still mad (Heavy, box over 40 Lbs.) Runs great, neighbors hate me, open expansion chamber no silencer have to fix that. Got paddles, no time to try yet. sofar, spark pluf and rec. battery not good, everything else ok. GF wants lights and silencer so we can take them to the beach at night and play. Mega fun but I'm thinking HPI for my next one maybe.
Mike Mihelich
SoCal
Old 01-29-2011, 12:21 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: mjmihelich

This fine specimen is a King Motors KRSC 2.0 (includes all amuminum upgrades and 2.4 GH 29cc motor). discontinued (new model) got 2 of them (one for GF) for $1000.00 from a guy in Miami took a week to get here and my UPS guy is still mad (Heavy, box over 40 Lbs.) Runs great, neighbors hate me, open expansion chamber no silencer have to fix that. Got paddles, no time to try yet. sofar, spark pluf and rec. battery not good, everything else ok. GF wants lights and silencer so we can take them to the beach at night and play. Mega fun but I'm thinking HPI for my next one maybe.
Mike Mihelich
SoCal
but I'm thinking HPI for my next one maybe

WHY HPI if your KM runs great and your having mega fun as you said above??? Oh it must be the good looks of the baja 5sc huh ?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:30 AM
mjmihelich

Wow, a mind reader, yes sir the SC truck is bad to the bone and I have an assortment of HPI Cars 23 rs4 sedans ( I built the GF a scale replica of her restored 69 camaro, liked the carso muchI bulit one for myself. I alsp have a savage XL which is way too much fun and a s-10 carpet car. My brother says I need to grow up but can't tell me why and the ex said the same thing... any way my best
Mike Mihelich
California
Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 AM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: mjmihelich

Wow, a mind reader, yes sir the SC truck is bad to the bone and I have an assortment of HPI Cars 23 rs4 sedans ( I built the GF a scale replica of her restored 69 camaro, liked the carso much I bulit one for myself. I alsp have a savage XL which is way too much fun and a s-10 carpet car. My brother says I need to grow up but can't tell me why and the ex said the same thing... any way my best
Mike Mihelich
California
Rock on dude...I myself would like to have one but for 1200-1300 dollars and you still have to buy an aluminum clutch housing and other hop up parts....HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT I'LL just wait for the clones or even convert a KM 2 speed buggy into a 5sc if KM comes out with a conversion kit with wheels parts and body for like 175.00......hint
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 PM
lords

yeppers,,,then pick you up a king 2 speed and feel some more power and top end like it should be....
were only here once,make the best of it

Currently working on Boat and speed projects...
Old 01-29-2011, 10:54 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: lords

yeppers,,,then pick you up a king 2 speed and feel some more power and top end like it should be....
were only here once,make the best of it

Currently working on Boat and speed projects...
Man I sure would like to see a video of a KM 2 speed running . If anyone got any links to a KM 2 speed please post it up. Thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: devo208

@traxxrc1- When u order from engagerc be prepared to wait about a month, if u get it at all. You better use paypal that way you will get your item someday.
agreed!
I stay far far far away from engagerc[:-]
whould be more like endangerrc
Old 01-30-2011, 04:54 PM
mjmihelich

Homey don't PAY that either, price will drop usualy soooner than later (here's hopein anyway) thinking of trying the 2 speed conversion and building one of those 26cc short stroke screamers I've been reading about (Boredom is a terrible thing to waste...) just a thought...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
marlinjames

any trick on getting one these things started? i just got mine the otherday and tried to start it today and no luck.i put fuel in primed it and it wont start. it keeps flooding and spitting gas out the exhaust. i thought i might of primed it to much so i pulled the plug and let it sit for a couple hours and whent and got a new plug to be safe. came home same thing happened to i pulled the plug sat it in front of a heater for an hour tried it again and same thing. so now im here looking for help
Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
mjmihelich

Try this: Turn car upside down, (w/o Spark plug) pull starter 5 or so times, flip car back over clean up gas mess replace plug with new NGK 3066 (cmr7h) and it should go, worked for me on both my Bajas. Stock "Torch" plug is POS wil foul if you lool at it cross eyed. Also check fuel feed and return lines the feed was pinched on one car and the return on the other, both routing issues.
Best of luck.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Tumtuk
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: marlinjames

any trick on getting one these things started? i just got mine the otherday and tried to start it today and no luck.i put fuel in primed it and it wont start. it keeps flooding and spitting gas out the exhaust. i thought i might of primed it to much so i pulled the plug and let it sit for a couple hours and whent and got a new plug to be safe. came home same thing happened to i pulled the plug sat it in front of a heater for an hour tried it again and same thing. so now im here looking for help
There are several things that will make a 2 stroke not start. Keep to the simple things first as it is a new one. Do not over choke them, they will flood and wet foul the plug very easy. You cant over prime it, the primer does not actually put fuel into the carb it just brings it up to the carb any "overflow" returns to the tank. I do recommend a better plug such as the NGK as was already stated.

Make sure you have fuel at the primer bulb, if you do then make sure that your low speed needle isn't closed too far as this will make them hard to start. Check your manual for factory settings.

Make sure you have air to the engine, this shouldn't be an issue on a new buggy but never hurts to check.

If that does not do it, check the gap on the ignition to flywheel as some come either wrong or move and wont start.

To check for fire, pull the plug out and insert it into the plug wire. Hold the plug against the engine cylinder, pull motor . You should see spark ( advise the use of an insulated pair of pliers, they will knock the crap out of you ). If you have no fire, then the ignition gap is most likely off.

If after checking the gap and nothing seems wrong try up plugging the kill switch, they can short and cause a no start.

Check your fuel too! make sure it isn't old weed eater fuel you had around all summer, bad gas is bad gas. If after all this it still wont start I would advise taking it to your local small engine repair shop, they will charge you less than your LHS probably and they may let you off free if they like your buggy and it is something simple.

Remember, its a simple engine..suck bang and blow. Make sure you have air, fuel and fire and it should start right up!

Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
marlinjames

i did get a good ngk plug and the fuel is brand new. i pulled the plug out and checked for spark and got good spark. if a plug is fuel fowled once dried will it still work? cause it still gets spark. ill try the kill switch thing its the only i can think of. and ill try starting with less choke.  after about 10 pulls i have gas coming out the exhaust.
i didnt get a manual so what screw does what?
and gap between the ignition and flywheel? lost me there?
i know what you mean about the plugs getting you. i worked in a mechanic shop awhile back and had a hold of one with pliers and it got me thru the pliers.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Baja Junkie

i did get a good ngk plug and the fuel is brand new. i pulled the plug out and checked for spark and got good spark. if a plug is fuel fowled once dried will it still work? cause it still gets spark. ill try the kill switch thing its the only i can think of. and ill try starting with less choke. after about10 pulls i have gas coming out the exhaust.
i didnt get a manual so what screw does what?
and gap between the ignition and flywheel? lost me there?
i know what you mean about the plugs getting you. i worked in a mechanic shop awhile back and had a hold of one with pliers and it got me thru the pliers.

Hey Marlin, On the pull start side of your carb, there is 2 screws these are your air /fuel mixture screws.

1 marked L for low speed, the other marked H for high speed.

Turn the L needle clockwise until it is closed, then turn the L needle anti-clockwise, between 1.25 – 1.5 turns.
<o></o>

Turn the H needle clockwise until it is closed, then turn the H needle anti-clockwise, between 1.75 – 1.8 turns.

<o></o>

Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM
marlinjames

awesome thank you. ill try all this at lunch today. below these two screw i see another bigger screw that comes to a point on the end and theres a piece of metal resting on it. and as you screw it in and out it intern moves theat piece of metal. is that the idle?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:18 AM
aluminum crusher

awesome thank you. ill try all this at lunch today. below these two screw i see another bigger screw that comes to a point on the end and theres a piece of metal resting on it. and as you screw it in and out it intern moves theat piece of metal. is that the idle?
Yes thats the idle screw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.