Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:26 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Teamchrome: Thanks for the info...I am going to hold off right now on the engine thing....I have to let this rest for now..
Will be looking at it again come JAN 2009....I have to go in to hospital and medical center..for so tests..I may need another
heart operation....Last one was a bad trip..for recovery...almost didn't make it to be here with the RC toys any more...
very long story to bore you guys with....Have a good turkey day........As for doing turkey I deep fry them..........
ALL replies Welcome,,AKA Slawhammer
Old 11-27-2008, 12:35 AM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Roger..
Hope all is well.
Hear from you later..
I just cleared my Mri, Ct scan and all the other crap.. Healthy as a horse!!
I had a vision problem the doc thought might be a small stroke.
I also found my Cholesteral total is ....298!!!!!!!!!!
6ft 1 and 255 and 41 years old...
I have gravy in my veins..
Old 11-27-2008, 07:23 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: slawhammer

Teamchrome: Thanks for the info...I am going to hold off right now on the engine thing....I have to let this rest for now..
Will be looking at it again come JAN 2009....I have to go in to hospital and medical center..for so tests..I may need another
heart operation....Last one was a bad trip..for recovery...almost didn't make it to be here with the RC toys any more...
very long story to bore you guys with....Have a good turkey day........As for doing turkey I deep fry them..........
ALL replies Welcome,,AKA Slawhammer

Hang in there slawhammer. Hope your turkey was good!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 AM
slawhammer

Teamchrome:::It's good to be healthy at any age ,,one never knows what time we have to enjoy the things we all love..
As to my first heart operation ,,I died on the operation table...And was brought back to life...So this is my second chance to enjoy
every thing around me..and not take every thing for granted....I am old by age ..but I will not give up.....

Csp1971::Well as to the turkey...I have been deep frying longer than most people in this forum are old,,,like 40 years..
Before the even had gas burners or (propane),,we use to use a black cast iron kettle on a wood fire...Some time I still do it that way...
Now a nice 1"or 2" steak.. deep fryed..for 3 minutes in the hot oil..Pat dry with some toweling and now now were talking...
I taught my son to deep fry..so he does most most of it now..10# turkey takes 40 minutes...I have deep fryed many a food items...

Well I go in this coming Monday for more tests...Even though all this is off RC subject of the firehammer..It is my thread and it is ok....
to get off subject a little...But lets all try to keep every thing on track to the RC related stuff..I am sure FOXY would step in some time on getting off subject..
ALL replies Welcome..AKA Slawhammer
Old 11-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Lars from Norway

Thats the ups and downs in life,no need to hide it for others.Hope all is going well.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 PM
slawhammer

Lars: I don't hide any thing...I tell it like it is..If some one don't like it ,,TOUGH SH**....I take no crap from any one..
Besides when you have lived as long as I have you can do that......AKASlawhammer
Old 12-02-2008, 04:49 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Lars: I don't hide any thing...I tell it like it is..If some one don't like it ,,TOUGH SH**....I take no crap from any one..
Besides when you have lived as long as I have you can do that......AKASlawhammer
Sounds like a personal problem to me ... lol
Old 12-02-2008, 06:52 AM
slawhammer

Hey nomobux..Good to hear from ya..been long long time....No problem here my friend...I guess some bad times going on
with health and it puts ya in a different mood at times.....I had some medical tests done,,I get the results in a couple days..to what's going on there....
AS to the firehammer it will have a new look for the up coming year...Getting some small items together ....All Replies welcome..AKASlawhammer
Old 12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
davido666

Just keep up the positive thoughts and hope for a short winter so you can get out in the spring with the firehammer.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
slawhammer

David0666...Good to hear from ya my friend....Snow came soon ..have couple inches on ground now.....Your right come on spring
I have some small projects planned for the firehammer...I am sure the miss's has a couple planned as well for me to do....
been a rough road for the health issues....Got a phone call from medical center about 10 minutes ago...Good news there going to
change the meds I Take....Cuz some times it makes ya do weird stuff and you have a tend to do or say the wrong things...
It mess's up your thinking.....

Lars: I owe you a public apollo gee here..I spoke out of turn to you a couple post back....I did not mean that...

AKASlawhammer
Old 12-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Lars from Norway

Oh,that is totally ok,maybe i put the words the wrong way but the intensions were goodIt is not always easy to be a foreigner in a english forumIt doesnt hurt to hear about others health issues,life consists of bad things too unfortunately.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
slawhammer

Ok..As to update..The medical center called me in to go see them... All is good news ..they ran tests for heart condition...So all that was needed was a change
in medication....I feel great now...
As to my firehammer..I have ordered new roll cage and brackets...I also doing a body change....For the year 2009...Pro Beetle shell....
In fact every thing just arrived a few minutes ago...So now to figure out a color for the beetle shell.......Plus there are a few more up grades
to be done....Yes this took a lot of work to get it where I wanted it to be...I would have to say the firehammer is right there with the quality of the FG now...
But for us who can not afford to buy an new FG..the better clones will have to do...I will post pictures in the next few days.....Many thanks again to you all
for your support........All Replies welcome...AKASLawhammer
Old 12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
M0NAR0MAN

Just a heads up guys, I was checking out my fav site for buying parts and saw they had some info on the site about O/S buyers saving lots of $ due the exchange rate. For the USA guys you might be able to score some very cheap Elcon alloy bling or stock parts for your Firehammers and similar. Even the shipping costs would be cheaper due to the exchange rate bonus.
www.PowerSlideRacing.com.au
Old 12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
slawhammer

Monaroman:Hey my friend How's things down under?...Yup ....powerslide is a good place for parts..I have ordered from mike many times..he always seems to
have what i am looking for in stock when i do order from him......Thanks just the same for looking out for other people with firehammer's.....
All Replies Welcome...AKASlawhammer
Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
mooman007uk

Hi Roger great to hear that you'll be enjoying [sm=thumbup.gif] your firehammer for a years to come, it'll be sweet with the beetle body. I, like yourself get as much fun out of upgrading, fixing and generally tinkering with my rc as I do driving it however i'm done waiting my new shockson shocks and the dps arms, they were both sent over 2 weeks ago...customs is so slow here it's pathetic really then they have the gaul to charge a handling fee + tax...it's not canada mail it's canada snail[sm=cry_smile.gif] a new redcat rampage is my xmas prezzie along with a nomadio react and a few bits for the rampage here we go again. I'm actually looking forward to xmas this year
Old 12-05-2008, 09:04 PM
slawhammer

MoonMan: Hey my friend...good to hear from ya...Yeah I decided to get the beetle pro body and some mounting hardware for my X-mas gift to me..
cuz the rest here in the house would have no clue as to what was needed or would like...This way ya know I will be happy with the gift.....
Sure glad There is no custom tax here..In the USA......Hush don't let that get out..they just might do that the way the economy is going.....Think been that way
for long time any way..too many big wigs in high offices..living high on the hog to say......Well time for them to join us poor folk.......

Yeah.... I am going to do the rebuild on the engine in a couple months........Now as to that RN Fat Pipe ..that sounds interesting...Not so sure as to
the room with the new beetle shell......That pipe seems to make some awsome power....Check out a couple video's on U-tube.....
That radcat is pretty good from what I have read.....

Love the firehammer now after all those mods and upgrades....Still not done....I guess one is never done......
Thanks for your reply my friend..............All replies Welcome........AKA Slawhammer
Old 12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
M0NAR0MAN

Monaroman:Hey my friend How's things down under?...Yup ....powerslide is a good place for parts..I have ordered from mike many times..he always seems to
have what i am looking for in stock when i do order from him......Thanks just the same for looking out for other people with firehammer's.....
All Replies Welcome...AKASlawhammer
I forgot to add its also tax free for exports so you can take 10% off the price and then convert it to US dollars. You could biuld an all alloy Elcon bling machine MT for a ridiculously cheap price
Its a pity the exchange rate never favours us the other way
Old 12-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Lars from Norway

I am happy to hear that things are going well Roger!

Looking forward to see the Beetle shell too,what colour are you thinking about?I would have painted it in Tamiyas camel yellow!This is not too sharp yellow,but still you see the car in the terrain when you drive,atleast better than with a dark colour
Old 12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
slawhammer

Lars:Hey my friend far off....Well things are going much betternow that the medical center got my health issue's figured out....
Well now as too the new transformation of the firehammer....As most of you know this is a clone of the FG Marder and many items
can be used on the firehammer....The beetle shell is for FG models....That means you have to adapt a way to fit it to the firehammer..
I have been working on this..to make it almost be a mfg fit...Not just a hack job...Some cutting here and fitting there..and to redo again
over and over til ya get it right......I am doing this to use 2 or 3 different body styles..all mount to the same posts....
Now as to colour .....I have many different ideas....I am no painter and have never painted from the inside out before with a model...
so don't ya all laugh when you see the beetle shell painted...We have to start some where..................I have painted many a model from
the out side with rattle cans ..and some airbrush work....Your just going too have to wait and see what I have done....I will post pictures...
This will be a work on and off thing for the next few days..due to the christmas hoildays...I have to devote some time with the Miss's here....
christmas is a big thing to her....So my hobby will be hit and miss for a few days.......All Replies Welcome .....AKA Slawhammer
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM
slawhammer

Well once again in clod hopper land....snow covered ground......Well I am still working on the support system for the new beetle body....going on the firehammer
Real challenge to get this to look as tho it was made that way from mfg....But this is a FG beetle shell going on a clone of a FG Marder....
It will all look good when done....Support system almost done......Next is the paint job for the beetle shell....I have never painted from the inside out
so this will be a new experience for me.........I have to think backwards on the painting......I am use to doing the out side ....back colour and work forward
to what you want the paint job to look like......I will post pictures before to long....I have to get my air compressor from a friend.....
All Repiles Welcome......AKASlawhammer
Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
slawhammer

Oh lovely day here in clod hopper land.....50* degree's out side and Rain Rain Rain.....Snow is all gone now...So looks like it
freeze tonight.....Be slicker the owl crap.......I have been working on a design for the new look on the FG Beetle Shell......
Guess from what I have read ..I need to buy special paint......so it will bond ok.....I have some Acrylic in different colours,,
But not sure if this will work or not..I don't want the paint to crack on a impact.....or roll over flexing the body........
I am open for suggestions......Thanks....All Replies Welcome....AkA Slawhammer
Old 12-09-2008, 06:40 PM
mooman007uk

Yep you read right, you need the paint for lexan..I've used parma and pactra (which is acrylic but for lexan bodies) in spray bombs and i tried airbrushing my baja...would have come out way better but i bought a cheap plastic gun to try it out and found my ability to be higher than the gun's it was truly rubbish, I'll get a better gun to try out on a slightly damaged rampage body i got. oh and you can get spaz paint too. Your LHS should have it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
slawhammer

HeyMoonman; ..I know Acrylic paint will work for RC Bodys......Now from what I have read Fascolor or fascoat..Perma makes the stuff...
It bonds to the lexan body........It will be a few days anyway..I can't get a hold of my friend who has my air compressor....He may have got south
FLA for a couple months.........I can get a cheap compressor for 79$ USD....That might be the way to go........

I pretty much have the support system done.....Couple small things there yet to do....
Now as to the Beetle shell ..I have been playing with some different designs ..to see what I would like..,
The miss's has some idea's as well..so does the son's....What the boys would like ..way different than my Ideas....
Real Fire is real neat looking......Old school flames.... multi-colour........

I got away from rattle cans....have to put them always in warm water ..spray nozzles are crap.....

Thanks for your reply my friend...........All suggestions welcome...AKASlawhammer
Old 12-10-2008, 09:36 AM
slawhammer

Welcome back to clod hopper land.....another yuk day.....Rain ..Rain.... Of course better than snow...and Ice on roads for driving...
Now as to the Firehammer...I pretty much have the design figured out for the Beetle Shell....After searching for paint ..I found what
I needed and got that ordered.....Oh Moonman as to local Hobby shop for any supplies...Forget it..Only one in town was never open
if they were it was hit and miss them....So for the heck of it went there to find out they closed down for good.............[:@]
Now to go to a hobby shop you have to travel 50 miles one way...So look's like on-line purchase's for any RC Items it will be...
Hobby shop never did cater to 1/5 scale any way..All Nitro airplanes & small cars ,trucks.buggys....T-Max,Losi,ect.....
So there ya have the lastest for a couple days ..till I get the paint for the project.....
All Replies Welcome ...AKASlawhammer
Old 12-11-2008, 06:52 AM
slawhammer

Another day here in clod hopper land.....cold cold..I was looking over the firehammer and I have to modify the roll cage ...Not just the way
I would like it to be...I need more support for a roll over....I will post pictures before to long....I want to get this right before doing so....
I don't need this to be cheesy looking or a cob job..........Besides I am not going to run this for a while.....plastic will break when cold on impact of hitting some thing
so the paint has beem ordered and now waiting for that.....All Replies Welcome....AKASlawhammer
EDIT: Forgot to mention about the paint designs...Miss's wants a splatter job of different colours...My son's want true fire in blue...
as for me well I have a couple other idea's ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.